How can Warlocks be tolerated?

In Vanilla wasn’t there an Alliance Warlock quest to covertly murder the people of SW who didn’t tolerate Warlocks?

Don’t get me started on those evil windchimes!
Illidan is our lord and savior!

Not sure I follow your analogy. Damage to Draenor isn’t damaging Azeroth.

Whether the denizens of Azeroth acknowledge or appreciate his efforts doesn’t really matter to the point that he was confirmed doing it to protect Azeroth.

1 Like

They’re not evil. They’re LIGHT.

Why would you say evil twice? typo?

1 Like

You are in for a TREAT!

His methods taken were unappreciated and uncouth. Therefore, he is no protector of mind. The Fascists were helping in the war against communism, and even regularly attempted near their downfall to surrender all chain of command over to Allied forces in the fight against Soviet Russia. The US viewed Stalin as a geopolitical enemy, but not one that warranted allying with former enemies/undesirables.

Illidan is a traitor to his kind, what do I care that he wanted in some sense the same ideal as myself? He does not follow my aims and he is a loose cannon. Therefore he is my enemy.

I mean, I won’t try to change your RP. But the lore is the lore.

Covertly? you shove poison in their drink in the middle of a bar, then they drop dead and are presumably dragged into the basement.

I mean, you can be an idiot, but do you have to be so dense? There are so many insults that I could lay out here, but here’s some truth bombs.

TWO PEOPLE, listen closely, TWO FACTIONS, can be working towards the same goal, now now, don’t blink, AND ALSO BE ENEMIES.

Bam. Wow. Amazing. So Illidan, YEAH? LISTENING? Illidan was doing GOOD, YEAH? HE WAS SAVING THE WORLD? Get this, A’dal wasn’t bad. We sided with him. The Draenei I play as, as an Aldor, destroyed Illidan’s stronghold at A’dal’s insistence and guess what. A’dal went on to banish Kil’jaeden and cleansed the Sunwell. A’dal was just as much of a force for good if not moreso then Illidan, and could have easily assisted with the Nightwell and Suramar as well if Blizzard had jobbered to revive his role instead of Illidan’s new one.

So. The Lore is this. A’dal? Perfectly fine to follow and perfectly fine to hate Illidan. Illidan’s actions don’t wash away the good. His organization does not get clemency for the sacrifice he made. Jesus christ, what is so hard about this? Can you see past Horde vs Blue, past 1v1, can there be no grey? There are significant portions of the world that distrust many classes, and for good reason, the fine OP was merely pointing this out. The fact that any disagree with this, but probably would disagree with a serial killer getting let on the loose because he solved the murder of another inmate, is puzzling.

Your hissy fit is a bit extreme. Have a chocolate bar.

Here the thing. None of that eliminates the fact that illidan actually was helping Azeroth from his little fiefdom on Draenor. Good or bad. He was still helping Azeroth. So, that’s basically the thing.

You are still free not to like him or follow him. That’s okay, too.

1 Like

wait, was that an actual quote from a golden book?

Thats a possibility, its also possible the souls we saw that weren’t destroyed were just in the ships “fuel tank” and not in the “combustion chamber”. We know souls can be destroyed, we saw that in icecrown when one of the Scarlet Onslaughts main leaders soul was destroyed by that Ebon blade Death Knight.

Morality is relative. I should resurrect my moral relativism thread from the old forums…

1 Like

Even a pragmatist should abhor warlocks, it could be your soul that becomes fuel for the fel next. And that would be a permanent end to your existence. The Alliance had warlocks, the horde has warlocks, anyone caught up in the faction war runs the risk of having your soul stolen and used up.

Depends on the pragmatist’s point of view and their level of self-preservation. We’ve plenty of accounts in RL and in Warcraft where self-sacrifice for a greater goal is a thing.

1 Like

Technically speaking, Warlocks in general are kind of entering a Wild West in terms of using Fel magic and summoning demons. Before, the main risk was them being corrupted and falling to the Legion, but now? Legion’s scattered and broken, and the Black Harvest and Illidari are the only real games in town.

Not to mention, by the time the Legion hit, Warlocks being hated and reviled kind of fell a bit flat, since the Alliance and Horde began to openly ally with demonic elves that literally bound themselves to demons and bear features that only the most corrupted of Warlocks even come close to having.

In prior years, they mostly operated in secret on the Alliance, and Horde always had a bit more of a tolerance to it, at least in terms of some of the races. In modern Azeroth, it doesn’t make any sense to accept Death Knights and Demon Hunters but not Warlocks who worked with the other orders to fight the Legion.

You make it sound like warlocks can just pop out anyones soul willy nilly. They are not that powerful. And garrosh strung up a whole ton of warlocks during SOO. He’s just a simple warrior, armed with an old god heart, but it’s not like he has any real way to protect his soul from a warlock.

1 Like

One of their spells is literally called drain soul.

on wowpedia

one of the pictures has a caption that says “A soul being drained and devoured.”

And? You’re really hung up on this aren’t you?