How can Warlocks be tolerated?

Isnt it immoral even to just tolerate them and have them around? Doesnt matter if they help save the world, they steal peoples souls, and use them as fuel for their evil magic. The Kind of magic they employ burns both life energy and souls as fuel. The only people who would have no problem with them is the forsaken. Everyone else should be doing actual witch hunts and putting warlocks down, due to the sheer evilness of the magic they use.

2 Likes

Most of the time their tolerated by the governments, but are forced into hiding underground, with only the races who would make sense tolerating them tolerating them out in the open.

Their tolerated because of 2 things 1.Their really powerful, 2. They have the best knowledge on Demons and Void Beings, 2 things that activly antagonize people, and im pretty sure in lore most dont actually use souls as fuel.

3 Likes

Its the healthstones, man. Can’t get enough of 'em.

5 Likes

I don’t think warlocks are as bad as you make them out. I mean sure, evil magic and all, but they don’t burn the souls out of good people without being put on a list.

I mean if we’re going that far we should be up in arms about demonhunters, deathknights, shadow priests, and fire mages.

1 Like

Hilariously, during Legion Sylvanas makes a point of the fact that if you’re a Warlock, she doesn’t like you.

3 Likes

And yet before BfA Under City was the only place that allowed Warlocks to practice their magic openly.

Fire mages, Shadow priests, and Demon Hunters dont use peoples souls as fuel, Warlocks and possibly death knights do.

Death Knights and Demon Hunters DEFINITELY manipulate peoples souls, fel does that naturally and Necromancy binds a soul to an animated corpse by it’s very nature.

As for not hunting pure people, one of my first quests was to rip out the heart of a pure hearted man to use as bait for a succubus.

2 Likes

Alliance warlocks, at least, have the endorsement of King Varian Wrynn and the adoration of the people.

“Even? They have dragons!” protested the pandaren.
“And we have warlocks!” A cheer went up as several people from all different races began casting summoning spells.

3 Likes

Orcish Warlocks after WC 3 was honestly the funniest thing.

2 Likes

Pretty simple reason. They’re good sticks to beat your enemies with.

Morally speaking, they’re abominable, and despised by the general populace, hence they typically congregate in alleys, dark recesses, or backrooms of inns. Pragmatically, they’re another gun you can point at the Scourge, Legion, Old Gods, and Horde/Alliance. And generally you don’t turn that down. Unless they become a security concern by turning their magics on your own populace.

Doesn’t mean your average warlock should go around bragging about their profession, but to be honest they’re just as invaluable for the defense of Azeroth as mages, priests, and other classes.

1 Like

Please tell me there were night elves and draenei in that crowd.

A Night Elf priestess is mentioned; I’m not sure, but I think that’s one of Golden’s characters (the white-haired warlock definitely is, but she’s human).

I don’t think that Draenei are specifically mentioned, but paladins and shaman are, so there’s a decent change, particularly since it’s noted earlier that people of all species are attending Garry’s trial.

1 Like

If you’re going to allow people to use souls as fuel, why bother fighting the legion, at that point, you aren’t any different than them.

1 Like

Uh, the legion wanted to wipe out all life.
Warlocks want to use fel powers to fight their enemies, sometimes to save life.
Big difference.

4 Likes

TvTropes, Bad Powers, Good People.

Look it up.

2 Likes

Its the principle of the matter. We didn’t need warlocks to defeat the legion. Their usage of fel magic burning life and souls was a horrific waste and a moral atrocity.

Illidan was literally instrumental to defeating the Legion.

He literally used their own powers against them. Just like Warlocks.

7 Likes

Actually we kinda did need warlocks. The entire warlock campaign has them taking the fight to the legion. They go take over a good chuck of demon terrain and turn demons against the legion. Then you have the demon hunters who use fel powers, souls, and such to fight the legion. If you read Illidan you would learn that making the sargerite keystone took a lot of unwilling sacrifices.

Again, it’s a moral atrocity when warlocks use good peoples souls. Do you really care if they burn the soul of a quilboar?

And who says they use entire souls? I thought they used soul fragments.

3 Likes

Simple explanation:

Because war and conflict.

At first Warlocks were generally hated and rejected in society. It wasnt until conflict began to escalate that they accepted them. It is even said that they were accepted as a necessity.

Azeroth has had conflicts verging on over 10 years now since the Third war. Each faction needs all the power it can get

1 Like