How can Warlocks be tolerated?

Not really hung up, just saying, there is no reason to tolerate them anymore, the legion is done for. The only threat now is the void, and warlocks aren’t exactly experts on the void. What do they offer now for us to tolerate their transgressions?

So long as their not actively targeting their allies in their spellcasting then they’re fine. And you don’t need to be an expert against a foe to be useful in battling said foe.

I have a warlock, it’s not an insta kill move. Souls are stronger than most warlocks ability to just rip them out with a finger snap. I mean Guldan would have wiped the entire raid in an instant if it was, right?

Its equivalent to having a serial killer next door, and you know he’s one. But you dont call the cops because he said he’ll protect you if some one breaks into your house. No telling when he’ll change his mind and kill you, never mind the fact that not doing something about it practically makes you an accomplice.

So what are death knights and demon hunters then? Everyone has the capacity to kill if you wanna use the serial killer example.

So by using fel magic, at all, they are basically serial killers.

I trust the druids would never violently misuse nature magic against people. Like ripping someone underground kicking and screaming.

It was an example, not a 1 for 1 comparison. Sure every class tends to kill people they disagree with, destroying peoples souls, well thats a whole other level above simply killing them. In the lore, killing some one doesnt end their existence, it lives on in their soul, while burning up that soul with fel is a true death.

Do you actually have anything to back this up? I mean, solid proof on how souls work, on how warlocks soul draining powers work, or on if all warlocks are draining souls even?
I mean you’re just making blanket statements calling all warlocks evil soul devouring monsters who would turn on anyone in the blink of an eye. Which is insanity. Even the evil ones are pretty stupidly loyal to whoever they work for.

Indisputable evidence? No. But is it likely? Yes. We’ve never seen a ghost of some one who was sacrificed by a warlock or had their soul stolen by one. Which is odd since most people make a point to show up as ghosts even when they die due to mundane reasons. As for Warlocks being loyal. Lol The Orc warlock trainer in Orgrimmar was discovered by Thrall to be a traitor, Gul’dan him self, the Main universe one, even betrayed the Legion it self in the second war.

Well so long as you FEEL like all warlocks are evil soul devouring monsters who will turn on anyone at the drop of a hat then it’s totally fine to hate them. It’s not like blindly hating something has ever done anyone any harm.

I don’t even think PC warlocks have the ability to devour entire souls. They certainly don’t use legion style soul engines. So I kinda feel like your entire argument may be based on nothing.

2 Likes

Well if your going by game mechanics, then fine. You take their souls, break them down into shards, then burn up those shards as fuel. I dont see how breaking them down into shards changes the fact that you’ve destroyed it.

I’m going to extend this conversation and humor you for a bit. What would be wrong in obliterating a soul considering what we know of the Shadowlands and it apparently being a default state of afterlife if you haven’t already subscribed to whatever faith.

Well, we dont have evidence of ghosts not wanting to be sent back there, and some even display relief when there sent out of the physical world and back to the shadowlands. So presumably it isnt all bad, like the physical world, some parts of the shadowlands might be horrible while others not so bad. The shadowlands player characters see when they die for example, is nothing more than a mirror of the world of the living, perhaps the way you perceive the shadowlands is affected by your own psyche more than anything. Anyway, in my opinion, the shadowlands is in most cases better than oblivion.

Even if not going by purely game mechanics and we say that you take entire souls from creatures to use as soul shards, some warlock specs don’t use drain soul.

And another question, why is destroying a soul so blindingly evil. Surely killing the person at all is just as bad. What if like vivette said is the case and they go to a hellscape when they die. Killing their soul would be doing them a favor.

Furthermore, destroying their soul outright seems bad, but is it? You’re killing them. Period. Its not like they are torturing them endlessly.

See man, that’s just like… your opinion man.

Which is worse, me trying to tell warlocks not to use evil magic, or you, depriving people of the right to exist, by giving warlocks the green light to keep practicing fel magic.

And speaking from a Forsaken’s perspective, it seems afterlife is something to be avoided entirely and oblivion to be more welcomed than anything. But even then “ceasing to exist” isn’t necessarily a bad thing in terms of killing off someone.

Depends on context. Legion already proved us that Fel was useful in combating enemies.

We’re all murder hobos man. We just tromp around slaughtering everything that makes us or our allies mad for gold. You’re saying that you tearing something apart as a bear and forcing it to wander around as a traumatized ghost is not as bad as a warlock obliterating a soul totally destroying the person.
And that’s assuming that in either scenario its a guaranteed worst case. I mean lets pretend the PC warlock was an actual character in game. You get decisions IN GAME to do things like, carefully draw out life force or rip it out.

Doesn’t that show that some warlocks are not violently soul draining all their enemies? Can’t we make a slight leap in logic and assume that other warlocks might share these qualities?

1 Like

While I share your sentiment, I would also say that Illidan is morally worse than warlocks, yet without him we wouldn’t perhaps have beaten Sargeras. Sure, it’s arguably wrong to allow warlocks to do their magics while at the same time persecuting the Defias Brotherhood for years. It’s out of character for the Alliance, at least. But is a greater evil being prevented by allowing warlocks to practice their dark arts? And does the end justify the means, especially when those means compromise who we are as Azerothians? I think that by allowing warlocks to exist at all does compromise who we are, at least from an Alliance point of view. But seriously, I’m also concerned with the existence of Void Elves.

You close that lying pointy-eared mouth of yours. Of course we are and can. Just like a mage to try and blind themselves to our full power.

2 Likes

Sshhhhh!

Don’t listen to Ronstin, Gran. He’s such a joker! Hahaha! We don’t have that power.

whispering to Ronstin are you trying to get us ousted?

8 Likes