How can I start the Dragonflight main quest

I started a mop remix event character and leveled them up to 70 then did a couple of the harbinger quests and popped over to the dragon isles through the stormwind portal while I waited for the war within to release, I don’t remember doing any of the dragonflight intro stuff and find myself wanting to play through dragonflight from the begining, but when I enter the dragon isles I am given the “to tyrhold” quest for the campaign and can not find any other threads to follow to get to the begining of the story. Am I locked out of it or do I just not know where to start, wrathion is not in stormwind for me at all so I don’t have a clue where to grab to the isles

2 Likes

It’s pretty sure something is bugged right now. I’ve found no way to start Dragonflight on level 70+ characters so far since TWW went live. (Even on an account that doesn’t have TWW.)

1 Like

If Wrathion isn’t in Stormwind Keep then the next thing I would try is head down to the docks. The boat to the Dragon Isles leaves from the southern-most dock (the one that sticks out at an angle). There were one or two quests at the dock before getting on the boat so see if those are there. Make sure you have low-level quest tracking turned on.

If there aren’t any quests there, then take the boat to the Dragon Isles. Make sure you get on the right boat - this dock is also used by the boat to Kul Tiras, so the two boats alternate. You can talk to the Dragon Isles Dock Master to find out how long until the next Dragon Isles boat. When you arrive at the Wild Coast see if you can pick up any quests there.

(BTW, when you say Wrathion isn’t in Stormwind, you know he’s out on the corner of the walkway around the grassy area outside the library, right? He’s not in the throne room.)

None of that works. (I spent way too long yesterday trying to figure out how to get it to work on both Horde and Alliance characters.) No quests on the docks/zepplin tower, and if you just go to the Dragon Isles, there are no campaign quests in the Waking Shore.

I’ve made a post about it in the bug report forum. OP, you might want to add to that thread with what you’ve tried. (Since it sounds like you’ve done some of TWW intro stuff, which I haven’t.)

yup checked the alcove where he is supposed to be but he is phased out, none of the npcs that give quests are at the docks or the waking shore itself, so I’ve got no leads on how to start it up and I really don’t want to start an alt just to do dragonflight

When i phased in i didnt have any quests, was just sitting in valdrakken. I ported to orgrimmar and the quest popped up.

Phased in from where? What level was the character? Had they previously done any stuff in Dragonflight? Did they do any of the Dragonflight pre-patch stuff a couple years ago?

Ya I can not find the start of Dragon Isles either. Neither on Alliance or Horde characters. None of my characters are below lvl 70 and none can see the NPC’s for this. Even the ones who have done some of Dragon Isles or finished Dragon Isles. I just want to get my remix characters started there at least but can not find a start point. And of course they block us from Chrome time at level 70. (It should be any level even Max level if you ask me)

Edit: The Quest Board is useless as well. It should just list all the available quests. Maybe a drop down for each expansion with a list of the zones start quests.

Good evening everyone. Just logged on and the quest “the dragon Isles await” is available!

I hope it’s available for everyone and Good luck in the Isles.

1 Like