🌚 How are shadow priests for pvp

I played Undead and did just fine. If someone thinks being Troll vs Undead will make or break you, I have a bridge I’d like to sell them.

So there’s that.

3 Likes

Never said you cant do fine as undead. Troll just has better racials for most situations and to play what you like better.

Undead and troll are about even but troll just more fun and has the advantage on certain classes that you might face more often. I definitely think Shadow guard and blackout are much more amusing in PvP then will of The Forsaken

1 Like

If a rogue stuns you its it’s likely you will die before coming out. Wotf no help their and im sure we will see a crap ton of rouges. 10% stun could save you

My 2 cents as a Vanilla priest here. Started with shadow priest in beta and never stopped. When the game went live, there were no dual specs, so I made two priests because the cost of respeccing between raiding and pvp was too costly. My pve priest was a holy troll, my pvp one was undead SP.

I considered myself a so-so pvper. I was sneaky, I took every advantage I could get and I did pretty good one vs one. Devouring Plague was a huge help for my play style. The heal it gave was often the tipping point between winning and losing and was the main reason I chose undead over troll. Most people werent wise/quick enough to dispel it or didnt carry around the means to do it (I think it will be different now). Combined with fear it allowed me to burst and heal and tip the scales. I was able to get to rank 11 before deciding I wanted my free time back and stopped ranking up (plus I got banned for a stint for spamming the world chat we got access to at rank 11)! The only two classes I remember giving me hell in a fight were arms warriors with marshal gear and ashkandi and warlocks. The troll racials were nice, but I remember Plague is what saved my butt many more times, and I didnt like having to pay close attention to shadowguard fading and recasting it, along with the time and mana doing so. Not disputing which is better, only what I remember from my experiences back then.

1 Like

Rogues were never an issue for me until BC.

I don’t understand how Shadow has an issue with them unless they got ambushed while afk.

yup rogues could only sap you over and over, a nuisance, but not kill you 1 vs 1.

Rogues were an issue only because of the stuns. Not just 1v1 fights but for an S Priest in combat you feel like the smelly kid. None of the enemy players want your attention so the fight will move away from you a lot. Often, if you saw people coming to get you you’d know a rogue has set himself up to lock you down for a few critical seconds. Without the rogue you’d be able to fend off and fight back a few people as they try and get range. S-priests are amazing to drive and when all else fails you have aoe fear hahah

1 Like

You remember how everyone thought Rogue was the most god mode braindead 1v1 unbeatable POS and were wrong?

It’s Shadow Priest. U can solo people with SWP and PW:S.

2 Likes

Lol smelly kid. I like that.

It was the easiest way I could describe how people migrate away from them hahah

Shadow Priests were the true gods in beta. They could move and cast mind flay. No one had a chance against them. Those were some fun memories.

I’m sad I had to scroll 10 deep to find this

2 Likes

I have a chain in UBRS I would like to silence/mind control somebody off of.

You speak of the dreaded Priests of Shadow?!

All I can see when I gaze upon them is… DEATH.

No really, they are EXCEPTIONALLY powerful in PvP, especially in 1v1. Worse than Warlocks and Mages in my opinion. Think I would rather have 5 Rogues jumping me at once with 2 Hunters shooting from a distance than have to deal with an Spriest.

Nasty.

I was a shadow priest back in vanilla and basically nothing scared me. Would often win in 1v3 situations too. I would be rolling one again this time around but I don’t wanna deal with all the respecing back to holy every raid so I am going warlock instead.

Edit: And like others have said, go undead. You will have regrets otherwise.

1 Like

Thank goodness this thread is still alive today. I was hoping to see more nerds clamor to DeBaTe PvP SuPeRiOrItY using hard science. NOT disappointed.

This. I hated good Enh Shamans but not much else.

I take offense to that. How dare you start your sentence with an adverb.

I think you forgot your question mark, pal!

1 Like