🌚 How are shadow priests for pvp

This is misterious to me, any real experience?i never played one in classic and they we’re quite rare

Your only true problem 1v1 would be a Hunter. Maybe a Warlock, but that’s about it.

1 Like

Go undead. They get the unique DoT called devouring plague. And they get WOTF. Don’t let anyone convince you of going troll. Its a bad meme.

8 Likes

B tier. Roll a warlock

I think Troll is the top tier shadow priest for horde.

8 Likes

Oh that’s right … what about humans tho?devouring plague does sound good , didn’t remember that trait

1 Like

Nope, just roll demon hunter. You’ll thank yourself later.

Priest of anytype can be fun.

I’ll make one and mostly be a leveling build.

eventually i’ll move toward holy I suspect if I decide to do raids and such early on.

A shadow priest leveling can heal 5 man’s easy enough.

From what i know from friends who played shadow, it’s probably the most OP 1v1 class/spec there is. Really strong and resilient. A hunter’s viper sting may be your only issue. If you keep some antivenom or a restorative pot (i believe they remove poisons as well as 1 curse and magic spell), your chances against a hunter are better. Although depending on your gear and mana pool, you could probably still burn them down.

|edit| a lock with a fel hunter may be a threat as well. depending on how well they play and if they have engineering or soul link etc

3 Likes

It has a 3 minute cooldown but it does more damage and healing and will let you win important fights. Will of the forsaken is undeniably the best racial.

The cool kids think troll is better. Berserking only benefits your mindblast and heals. Shadowguard is decent but only because it doesn’t have a cooldown.

2 Likes

They melt faces.

16 Likes

Shadowguard is decent because it proc every shadow talent. No CD. Meaning that everyone hitting you (melee & caster) have 10% to be stun + taking damage + debuff shadow + shadow heal

Everyone know the devoring plague power now. So, in Alliance you have dwarfs who can dispell it + paladin & drood or priest i don’t remember.

1 Like

That’s only going to matter in a mass constant PVP with scripted fights between premades. Most fights in vanilla are short 1v1 or 1v2 fights. Even if a class can cleanse devouring plague you still have your fear and silence abilities to prevent that.

1 Like

Undead is good for horde priest. I don’t think I’d consider any other race as horde.

For alliance, it’s not so cut and dry, but I like night elf for being able to drink while in stealth. You’ll find that your biggest limitation is mana – you have the toolkit to be an unstoppable killing machine, but you will go oom fast. Being able to sit down, drink, and go into stealth is a HUGE boon.

That said, I’ll be a human shadow priest, because they are cutest. Dwarf is great too, Stoneform is obviously strong in pvp, and Fear Ward can either serve you as Fear immunity or buff protection :slight_smile:

Shadow priests are awesome and the second poster has it right. You won’t have to worry about anyone except for GOOD beast mastery hunters and GOOD warlocks. You’ll still dumpster most players.

3 Likes

You will melt faces as a shadow priest in pvp.

15 Likes

and

Faces. Melting.

8 Likes

PvPwise undead pulls out ahead, charm/fear breaker and devouring plague

1 Like

Dwarf. We have magnificent beards.

1 Like

spriest is okay in both pve and pvp, team up with the warlocks in your bgs and raids.
you’ll melt faces

2 Likes

Will of the forsaken is 5 seconds every 2 minutes. The earlier versions were much better.