How and why

Are ideas like this even being thought of lol.

• Elite Vicious Saddle obtainable as a new secondary item; like the current Vicious Saddle. You progress towards this with arena wins past 2400 rating and can use them to buy gladiator mounts from previous seasons.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/1001-ways-of-collecting-mounts-in-world-of-warcraft/1248748

3 Likes

Worldpvp council guy actually declined it. +1 for him.

2 Likes

I don’t think modern static 2400 in massively inflated seasons is comparable to old gladiator.

They proposed something similar with elite sets during…Legion? I think? And it got shot down. The ensembles for the sets are still somewhere in the files, I think.

1 Like

This argument again? Oh how I love it. :slight_smile:

Here, I’ll save you all some time.

Random Player: Hey, it would be cool to get a recolor’d version of the PvP Glad mounts, because I simply didn’t play back then.

PvP Neckbeard: NO! Getting a gladiator mount is a HARD distinguished achievement that not every noob and their mother can get!!!

PvP player WITH the glad mounts who doesn’t care: As a PvP player WITH the gald mounts, I really don’t care. Sure man, it’s just pixels.

PvP Neckbeard: Getting THAT gladiator mount is NOT HARD OR A DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT, EVERY NOOB AND THEIR MOTHER CAN GET IT, YOUR OPINION DOESN’T MATTER!!!

Random Player: wtf…

PvP player WITH the glad mounts who doesn’t care: … yeah idk, we all don’t know, best to just leave dude…

1 Like

link a post where a % glad who earned his glad is saying his % glad mount should be a vicious saddle?

3 Likes

@ me next time, buddy.

3 Likes

Rez is fried. Ignored him a long time ago.

I’m proud of my mop gladiator mounts. They’re something I and not many other players have, and I’d like it to remain that way.

Likewise, I don’t deserve mounts from seasons I didn’t earn them.

If I want more glad mounts, I need to be willing to push in the current / future seasons.

The right mentality is to want blizzard to invest time in designing well balanced pvp seasons and really cool-looking glad mounts, not regurgitating stuff from the past

2 Likes

Yep. The closest thing I see to glad mounts returning is just them doing unarmored version of the bfa/sl ones that don’t have pve equivalents, unlike all the prior expansions.

2 Likes

Okay give me a sec…

I as a % Gladiator player, owner of Elite Tabards and Xmogs, do not care about the 15 year old pixels to such a high degree, that I feel that RECOLORS should be locked away for all eternity.

They. Are. Just. Pixels.

With respect, get over yourselves. :slight_smile:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

The OP that is linked does not ask for recolors, they straight up want old gladiator mounts for wins above 2400.

5 Likes

That’s your opinion.

The OP is asking for the mounts, not recolors. Read.

Right, because in your little word of absurd logical fallacies, you’re allowed to express your fried opinion, and we all need to get over ourselves for disagreeing with you.

That’s fun.

I play in a soccer league for our company’s soccer team.

I want a trophy from my second grade elementary class’s soccer team.

I didn’t play on the team but I play soccer now and I want the rewards that were earned from the thing I didn’t play in second grade.

If you disagree with me you’re an elitist jerk

I do not believe they specified one way or the other, just the blanket generalization to get a similar color of the model, something that is often requested with the “elite” appearances.

Example: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mount.php?mountid=936

Green Proto Drake that was never used, etc…

If it was wins past 3k I’d be all for it

1 Like

Heheheheheheh.

Read the quote in the original post, they definitely specify what it is they want.

1 Like

The whole appeal of glad mounts is that it’s only available one season and if you didn’t earn it then you missed it. Players like that op are the super casuals whose end game consists of grind old content. Bad idea to cater to them.

1 Like

“To buy gladiator mounts from previous seasons.”

Could easily refer to models never used.

Green Proto Drake in BFA.
Green Maw Beast in SL.

Etc…

I guarantee a recolor would be an acceptable trade off, it’s just the basic point.

1 Like

every casual player that doesn’t participate in pvp anyways

“i simply didn’t play back then so let me have a chance”

Has the arena forums realized this guy is a troll yet or nah.

Guy is willfully misquoting the OP and arguing accordingly.

Not to mention grossly misrepresenting players in his faux-dialogue

Reintroducing old mounts with challenging requirements is a possibility though. It doesn’t have to come from vicious saddle, it could be from something else.

The OP even states getting a vicious saddle after 2400.

That’s not even for random BG players.