How and why

Aside from the fact that the OP is quite open to interpretation, sure.

• Elite Vicious Saddle obtainable as a new secondary item; like the current Vicious Saddle. You progress towards this with arena wins past 2400 rating and can use them to buy gladiator mounts from previous seasons.

No where, does it say “Exact copies of every single gladiator mount and color to ever existed!!!”

But “arguing” with you and Sockems is like telling your girlfriend to “calm down.” It only makes it worst.

These are pixels man, I cannot express to you how little they mean in such a vast world. It’s okay for players to have challenging content to gain access to something similar to what you have on a video game.

Bro you can’t seriously be arguing this point.

Like it’s so hilariously absurd I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you’re a troll rather than an absolute moron.

In either case that’s enough responding to you. My god you’re a black hole of brain cells.

1 Like

you don’t really get to determine their value

like wow rez you have a bc glad mount from 2003 when people didn’t have keybinds and you probably played on an 1800 battlegroup in 2v2 or 5v5
you not having any investment in that mean’s almost nothing to anyone else LMAO

5 Likes

PvP Neckbeard : Getting THAT gladiator mount is NOT HARD OR A DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT, EVERY NOOB AND THEIR MOTHER CAN GET IT, YOUR OPINION DOESN’T MATTER!!!

Don’t you find this silly? Idk.

Alright, I’m done here.

<3 Haugs, no hard feelings buddy, hope everything is well.

1 Like

I’m detecting a lot of parallels between rez and bloomsday.

i don’t find it silly at all, what i find silly is you spamming about being a % gladiator yet having no investment means everyone should feel the same as you

i’ll tell you right now why you aren’t invested

2v2 - 2200 4-7-2009
3v3 - 2400 11-27-2010
5v5 - 2200 3-23-2015

do u know what that means?

that means you earned gladiator in bc (prior to 2010) under 2200 rating likely under 2k rating
that’s a pretty clear indicator that you likely played 2v2 and on a dead battlgroup
i’d go as far as to say you probably didn’t even know you were going to get gladiator and just logged into it at 1903 or something

i think thats further reinforced by the fact that you’ve seemingly played nearly every other season since 2003 at challenger/rival outside of bfas4/sls2 where ‘elite’ was factually %tile rival so letters being different aside the same

that being meaningless to you doesn’t mean it should be meaningless to everyone else every time you link that screenshot riding that dragon as some weird way to justify you villainizing the players who do not want rewards demeaned you just look stupid because your opinion is irrelevant and unwarranted

6 Likes

-.-’ I don’t really want to continue to have this conversation, but yes, value means something different to everyone.

The fact that I haven’t played competitively since WotLK is just a factor of my real life taking precedent.

Me saying it doesn’t matter is just as accredited as you saying it does. Neither of us is right, neither of us is wrong.

To link my stuff is just to show that I have these things, to be a “owner” of prestigious items and say I do not mind if someone else wants something similar.

I can understand, I can grasp the idea, the desire, that players who didn’t play, weren’t good enough, whatever, want the opportunity to get something similar for aesthetic reasons.

I did not play in Legion, I would like the opportunity to get a Strom Drake.

How I can achieve that Strom Drake is up in the air, what that Storm Drake looks like, is up in the air.

To me, we’re just playing a Video Game.

“NO you cannot have this, enjoy ME riding this Dragon!” is just absurd, it doesn’t make sense.

Why is me being a Doctor, devaluing YOU being a doctor? I’m just lost on that.

You don’t play with me in game, you don’t see me in game, I have absolutely no effect on your game played almost what so ever. So what mount I’m riding, what gear I’m wearing has no effect, on you.

That’s all on you, that value is internal. At that point its seeking outside validation and I don’t think that’s something you have to put on someone who simply didn’t play, etc… =/

1 Like

Oh snap, we’re getting into the achievement-sleuthing portion of the gatekeeping now.

Character costumes are serious business.

2 Likes

it doesn’t have to make sense to you if it makes sense to everyone else

unfortunately you couldn’t get one for 1800 2v2 and you likely will never be able to get one for 1800 2v2

so i’m sorry but you shouldn’t feel entitled to an alternative regardless

Who is “everyone else?” – Do you speak for everyone? Do I speak for everyone? I’m not sure how that’s judged.

But you can understand what I’m getting at right? We can agree that value is an internal feeling?

it’s not entitlement, I’d work for it, as I’m sure many of these posters would as well. They’re just asking for an avenue to work for it. Right? Cause that doesn’t exist.

Even the OP said Elite Vicious Saddles above 2400.

Maybe that 2400 is 2700, maybe its 3000, maybe its a R1 reward in the mail? Idk.

There’s opening the door for civil dialogue of what could be done, but usually as I said the “PvP Neckbeards” (<3) come in screaming nope nope never ever, this dude is fried!!! etc…

:frowning:

1 Like

by the fact that they tried this with elite sets and there was enough feedback not supporting it that it was prevented

what??? you’re so fried

getting a 2700 .5% glad amount in a season where your spec might not be what mage/lock is right now for “wins above 2400” when thats been sub rival recently is not “working for it”

if they implemented this fairly, it would be a saddle for a previous recolor for .5% end of season to bridge the gap between 2400 glad(rival) and r1(0.1%) which would be as of last season nearly 3k rating which is about double what you’ve ever seen

would that be enough accessability for you? or would the complaint then be that it’s “out of reach” and it never had anything to do with “not playing at the time”

why do you keep putting this weird little heart

if you played in bc you’re prob 35 do you want me to call chris hansen i’m uncomfortable

1 Like

I think the thing here though is the same with mage tower. Do I want that glad mount from tbc? Hell yea, but I wasn’t there to get it. Now I do think we should be able to get VERSION of it, but not the real thing. Once you just start giving out free glad mounts they mean nothing. I would rather show off my name brand watch that is super rare and people know it’s rare much rather than everyone having that watch but it’s purchasable at mcdonalds now. That’s kind a bad analogy but I’m too lazy to come up with a new one.

1 Like

I think that would be a fair compromise, yes.

I think working with someone, hearing their side and your side, to come to a mutual agreement is what they are trying to do.

I just think it’s usually shut down in a very, I’ll be honest, childish way. And that makes me sad, cause we’re just playing a video game, trying to get the PvP population growing and sometimes that means compromising. =/

1 Like

To get the pvp community to grow they need to fix broken stuff. Not give more mounts. That’s lazy

2 Likes

usually what most bring to the table is absolutely unacceptable but that’s out of the realm of comprehension to the audience that want rewards brought back

if you told the average ‘i want a chance to earn this’ player that the true to life cost would be 3,000 rating they would be floored
“how is that accessible to me? i have a job 3 kids a golden retriever and glocoma. elitist.”

regardless the principal should stand that rewards that were time sensitive remain time sensitive
add new rewards that don’t suck

1 Like

If anything let rank 1s buy old season mounts but even then it’s probably a bad idea lol

i don’t even like the idea of maybe being able to buy old elite sets.

Old pvp rewards are better left to those who earned it when they were available.

1 Like

There’s give and take, and it’s not a simple conversation.

But when the posts are:

“HEY GUYS THIS DUDE IS FRIED AND WANTS A MOUNT, POINT AND LAUGH AT HIM!!!”

—Okay, cool, I guess.

But I just think we could move past that.

“Hey, guys, its appears PvP Numbers are dropping season after season, introducing recolors of old mounts could end up being an interesting way to grow our PvP numbers, what are your thoughts?”

Again, there is a conversation there, but it’s just instantly turned into a “Point and Laugh” situation, which is just silly.

1 Like

here’s the question though

why is the gimmick of old mounts suddenly a better idea than making more new mounts?

what if they made mounts that looked like they received as much attention as the stormdragons in for .5%

what if they made pvp unique class sets for 2200?

not really though

1 Like

Aesthetics of old mounts. The Green Proto Drake is really cool, imo. Especially for players being in the army. (Me and a bunch of other army buddies agreed on that)

I would like that mount, because I know that exists. It’s just easier to see something that exists and say I want that, to imagine something different.

1 Like

oh okay entitlement

if you put your energy into something that made sense
like pushing blizzard to create more new rewards you’d prob make a real difference