How a Dev Choice Alienated my Disability

Oh, is that what the issue is? For example, you can’t zoom the camera in and out with the mousewheel when you’re hovering over an action button. I thought this is how it always was.

Correct, this change happened on the 12th. 3 days later patch notes were updated and you’ll see at the bottom in the UI section of patch notes changes to how curser works and controller changes. Nobody but devs no if the end result is intended or not yet. Not really looking for any responses from CS any more they have handled the best they could

If you do have action in your thumb, I’d recommend you consider this. You can then move with your thumb on the joystick and use the fingers you were using to move with for targetting. Even if you only use those three keys, if it means you can keep playing a game you clearly love, it’s probably worth the investment. If it doesn’t work, you can re-sell it and recoup some of what you spent since it’ll be barely used.

If you like the idea of doing group content, I’d encourage you to try that too. There are plenty of guilds out there are aren’t doing mythic progression who would no doubt welcome you. My main guild would be fine to have you along. Sure you might not get invited to every activity but that’s ok (I’m not either. I suck at dungeons so if I only go when they’re confident they can carry me). Plenty of things you would be invited to though.

Tbh, 1st time read that, I thought it was a program that told me when to add paragraphs lol. Thumb works great. But it’s been my jump for 12 years too. I’m not even complaining anymore. Either they fix or leave it as is

If you’re able to afford it, I really think you should just buy a gaming mouse. It won’t take long to get used to it.

Can you please break it into paragraphs instead of a giant wall of text and add a TD:LR at the end?

It’s not like I haven’t tried gaming mice. I’ve never explained in detail another reason why I avoided them, but I’ll try here. Mouse gaming mice wheel us a free spinning wheel with no resistance. My basic Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse is one of the very very very few mice that when I wheel scroll there is a slight click and not freespinn I’ll ng. That is also what allowed me to pick a mob out of a pack. Every gaming mouse I ever tried didn’t let me stop on a specific mob and would free scroll thru them and always go 1-2 mobs past intended mob. That never happens with my 3500. I also got worried about the availability of the 3500 and possibly being discontinued. So I bought 16 of them originally. I’ve burned thru many. Even burned thru 6-7 before the big purchase of many. I’ve since had personal moral reasons in not wanting a gaming mouse. If mentioned that before and really dont want to get into that again. So after having a excess surplus of a model that works good for me and the general principle of having to spend even more money on 3rd party devices just to play a game i pay $14.99 a month for already and work fine for a decade plus til this change

No it is gaming hardware. I’m not allowed to add links but if you google razor tartarus you’ll see what we’re talking about. Lots of buttons you don’t need, but it would help solve the problem.

You’ll retrain yourself very very fast. If you pair it with a gaming mouse, you can move jumping to that. I bought the key pad I have about 6 weeks ago. Took me a bout a week of playing (a lot less hours than you do) to retrain myself. Including moving my jump from my thumb to my index finger on my gaming mouse.

It absolutely sucks that you have to find new solutions, but sometimes we do. You seem to really love the game. So it’s worth finding some solutions than waiting on a company that is struggling to put their next expansion out.

I HATE free spinning wheels. My current gaming mouse doesn’t have that. It is a logitech G604. I love my mouse and this is a major reason why.

Go on amazon and look at “pictek gaming mouse.” It’s a very simple mouse with only 7 programmable buttons. It has a stiff wheel that doesn’t freely spin. It only costs 1 month sub fee also.

I’m not 100% sure about the tartarus. But I had seen swifty using the orb weaver chrome. And I order the model before the chrome one that was discontinued. Package was stolen from my front door before I ever even tried it. It’s not a major money issue. My mom would drop $500-$1000 dollars on anything I wanted if it made wow better for me. I just shouldn’t have too. I recently spent $399 on a Playstaion 5 which arrives in a few days. I’m not ungrateful for some of you trying to find alternative solutions. But my original post was more of a explination to what these changes were and just an overall thoughts on my love of Azeroth.

Looks like a troll post to me. Supposedly has an issue with left hand, yet types a massive wall of text with a bunch of irrelevant stuff.

1 Like

I gotcha. So it seems the game is forcing the cursor on the field of play in order for the keybind to fire, elsewise it’s acting as if it’s a mouseover macro in a sense.

1 Like

Believe what you want. I’m actually typing with one finger on a android atm

Given they are not trying to incite anger or bait people in their follow up comments, I don’t see why you would think that.

Whilst I usually type with 2 hands, if I’m lying on my side I can quite comfortably and with reasonable speed type with one hand (in fact have done so most of this thread).

3 Likes

I’ve gotten more responses similar to that in last few weeks I’m becoming numb to them

I’m curious, why do you have to use a macro for “target next” and Target previous". Why can’t you just do that in key bindings?

I’ve just checked and it lets me use the mouse wheel in key bindings.

I never used a macro. Just those 2 keybinds like you described. Mouse wheel no longer function if hovering over spell icons

You know I click and mouse target and I have never used the bottom bars - that is the way of madness. You have a nice set of side bars to use, use them. I line up my rotation in order along the side bars and it is an easy step to move up and down them. And guess what I have done heroic progression raiding this way as well and never had performance issues.

I have noticed absolutely no difference in the game function in this regard in years.

And boy do you need to learn how to use paragraphs. No excuse no to have broken that wall of text up.

Ah, ok. That makes more sense.

1 Like