How a Dev Choice Alienated my Disability

Hope the bug gets fixed soon. It’s no good to no longer be able to play the game you love the way yopu were playing it

1 Like

I do use my sidebars, just not for my more commonly used rotations. And your right. That wall of text should have been broken up better I’ve learned.

That is the best use for them. I actually never had an issue with doing what you describe, i.e. moving my mouse to target a mob then moving it back to the sidebars for my rotation.

I targetted with mousewheel though, not mouse/curser, I think that is our difference. My curser used to just hang out over just my rotation of spells which is what doesnt function anymore with mouse wheel

Yes but it is very possible to play the other way. I am just pointing out how.

I think you should try the mouse I suggested since you only need a couple extra buttons, and you can always return it back to amazon if you don’t like it. Last suggestion would be try an addon like “enemy grid.”

Thank you so much, you summed it up so perfectly in so few words :smile:

You are da man!!!

Omg omg omg, 22 days, this is only one post in general section. There are many of my posts and others thru out the UI macro section maybe 20 dif ones in the bug reports and technical support. And you and your suggestion of “x-mouse button control” app has finally hit the golden ticket. I am currently wheel scrolling keybinds “target nearest enemy” and “target next enemy” while curser is hovering over any UI. I love you Nsk, I truly love you right now. Over 2k views here and your the very 1st suggestion to accomplish this. Thank you so much. I’m taking this information over to many other players I’ve met over the last 22 days and letting them know you gave me the 1st work around. Your going to brighten alot of players days tommorrow when the see this over in the support and guide sections. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your my hero!!!

12 Likes

What a great result, I’m so happy that it worked out for you! Your OP made me a bit emotional, ngl. Shame that some people had to be rude. Welcome back to Azeroth!

4 Likes

For someone with manual mobility issues, I highly recommend the Logitech M570.

It has two “side” buttons just above the thumb-side trackball. That could pretty easily suffice for your targeting needs. The trackball also helps if you have trouble moving your hands or arms.

I too use the mouse wheel for a number of things. Mouse wheel up is auto run. Mouse wheel down mounts up. Mouse wheel click is a utility of choice (usually Stealth on my Rogue).

Sometimes, you need to make changes to keep up with life. Yes, even in video games. I understand that you have a disability (so do I), but we still need to learn and adapt.

Good luck!

1 Like

What excellent news to wake up to!! I am so glad there is a work around for you so that you can get back to playing!

Yay Nsk!

Hopefully the Blizzard Accessibility team and Devs come up with a more permanent fix for you, but I am thrilled you can play again.

4 Likes

Haha=) Glad to hear it worked out for you, this app has been a real lifesaver for me, not just for games but for regular routine work too=) Try out its other options, I’m sure you will find some other ways to improve your QoL with it too.
Best wishes to you=)

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your issues with wow.

Not that this is any help. And not what you want. I really like this mouse, about $9, wireless mouse where hand is more sideways. In only has standard buttons plus two on left side for thumb. I stopped using my Logitech mouse with 12 buttons for thumb, two above wheel and one for right ring finger. I’ll mail it to you of you want to have it for a try. Send an in-game mail then we can chat that way if you want it. I know you said you don’t want it, but just a free offer.

Mouse wheels are kind of difficult to bind it seems.

2 Likes

OP found a solution :wink:

4 Likes

Only read your post and the first response ;). You’ve come this far, I use bartender, if it’ll fix your problem or other addons like it, I think you should give it a shot.

I’m sorry about your problem, but I can’t read that wall of text.

I’m super hurt by the fact that people like you are collateral damage in blizzards clean up of their problem.

IMHO this is because of chromie time.

Chromie time gives 14 total phases of all outside locations. Meaning there are 14 times the amount of crafting materials and npc in a zone. Meaning bots are now 14 times as profitable. This recent exploit of chromie time has allowed a select few to make 500k to 1mil an hour over the past month.

Blizzard allowed botters and multiboxers alike for years due to greed. now that they have made a system that makes botting and multibox 14 times as profitable for the player it is unsustainable and needed to swiftly be dealt with.

people like you will suffer because people like you are not factored into their financial calculation.

have a wonderful day and please do try to to find a workaround. this matter should not be 1 and done. People need to call blizzard out for their history and the rash decision they are making

regardless if they knew this would happen all along or not it is my belief that this is solely blizzards fault as they were the ones that introduced the mechanic of chromie time

2 Likes

Pretty much nailed it better than I could,play how you feel makes you the most comfortable,OP. If you need to click,then click away Hell,I interchange between both hotkeys and the occasional click and can still be a passable blood tank. Don’t let some toxic buttholes drive you away from the game because you’re not playing the same way they do,as long as you’re doing your best,then play how it makes you the most comfortable and in the least amount of pain. Take it from someone who gets occasional carpel tunnel [work related and do art as a hobby]

3 Likes

try paragraphs.