HotS is being cancelled, will WoW be next?

Awww right~ We’re gonna be good friends.

More :popcorn: and :beers:?

Save the beers, I like to stay sober.

I’ll take all the popcorn though. o: Maybe some cuddles too?

Popcorn and cuddles it is! Blankets on the couch, all snuggled up watching the poop hit the fan for no reason! :smiley:

The lesson will not be learned and this will be evident in the latest Q&A for WoW. The blue’s for this MMO are clearly outta touch with not only modern times and gamers but also outta touch with there own community and story for the game.

The same exact thing which was an issue for HoTS is happening with WoW and if things don’t shape up, you will indefinitely see the same result for WoW.

I’m aware at how many on wow’s reddit and even on these forums love to defend and downplay things. But the fact is, is that this game isn’t what it use to be and it’s even a laughing stock among some hardcore MMO junkies. This game needs to shape up if you wish for it to remain in service.

1 Like

https://www.thegamer.com/pubg-fortnite-china-ban/

It’s not a rumor, it is a fact.

" There are also some big titles on the list of games allegedly ordered to take “corrective action.” League Of Legends , Overwatch , and World Of Warcraft are all on there. One of the main criticisms from the committee is the games’ “inharmonious chatrooms.” " -source is the link

Pretty much the little chat box is too toxic to be allowed in China now.

2 Likes

Aww yesss, that’s friend material there! Seals it with a high-five.

1 Like

You got a link regarding Heroes of the Storm being cancelled/shut down?

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/seems-like-the-sun-is-setting-on-blizzards-heroes-of-the-storm

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8216-HGC-and-Heroes-of-the-Dorm-2019-Cancelled-Some-Developers-Switching-Teams

There’s your links.

1 Like

I wish I could link but the forums dont let me, you’ll have to google.
It’s not a shutdown, they’ll just mantain it and let it die out. They won’t invest in a game that will clearly not compete with Dota and LoL, they are too proud to listen to the community and make great games.

You can post links just put a tilde in front and behind the url address. ` <----

Diablo 4: The Hunt for Jay Wilson’s lost taco.
Diablo Immortal: A phone based boardgame.
WoW2: World content scales to highest mythic completed on server.

1 Like

The game is going into maintenance mode. But with the cancelling of their pro scene, the top tier of competition will eventually leave the game along with any sort of streaming it had.

There goes its marketing on platforms, with the developers being moved to different projects…we can take a guess that they will not receive substantial patches as frequently, if at all, until after certain games are developed.

That being said: if the game they are creating is profitable…the developers may be put on assignment over at that game.

Lets be clear: there was reports of Blizzard internally calling HotS a “failure” and its the least known title of the modern Blizz games in a declining, saturated genre means very little good things for this games future.

1 Like

The eSports events have been cancelled not the game.

How can I put this logically?

MOBA = Esports = HoTS

Therefore, if no esports then it’s pointless.

Just like

RMAH = D3 = P2W

And we all know where that went.

Not really. They still can support the game with all the in game stuff that can be purchased with real money.

The game is internally called a financial “failure” by Blizz.

HGC is closed, and teams/pro players are leaving.

Streaming this game has been dead for a while.

Developers are being moved away from the game to other projects, meaning its being headed up by interns on maintenance mode.

The games dead.

5 Likes

“Damned Blizzard has done me wrong … how can I throw shade at them today, its been 30 hours since Ive let my snark out!”

Meanwhile ,normal people; “Yawn, oh lookie here, HoTS is having difficulties. I wonder what I’ll have for breakfast”

2 Likes

WoW is still, hands down, the #1 MMO in the world. Until it isn’t, you just don’t need to worry, at all - it will continue until it isn’t.

1 Like

That’s not a link saying the game is being cancelled or shut down. LOL