HotS is being cancelled, will WoW be next?

I was typing maintenance mode and you beat me to it.

I never claimed the game was being shutdown.

Those are the stories where everyone is coming up with the conclusion it is being shut down. I just posted the sources of this information.

They did slash the development team though and pulled the plug on it’s e-sports venues. It’s not entirely too difficult to come up with a conclusion in ones own mind on that front.

1 Like

“Ultimately, we’re setting up the game for long-term sustainability” straight up means maintenance mode ala D3.

1 Like

Maybe. Maybe not.

I think you straight up don’t know what you’re talking about.

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt.

4 Likes

Again… “What’s for breakfast”

Sunday isn’t for 2 more days

Because its clearly obvious what they mean:

They are taking devs off the game to go to other projects putting the game up to a small group of developers and interns, they will complete whtever is in the pipeline of developed content over the course of 2019, when all that is finished; they will put the game in D3 maintenance mode until they shut it down or X happens.

2 Likes

Yes. Maybe that is what they mean. But maybe not. You don’t know.

Tying it in with the fact that there is emails of people in Blizzard calling it a “failure” financially…and being part of Activision.

We know what it means.

Maybe. I don’t really care. I stopped playing that game a while ago.

I think game companies are actually running scared because they do not know how to become the top streaming game.

It’s such a transitory existence anyhow, much like teeny bop music.

Let me rephrase. You could spend billions on a game and it flops. Hell, you could turn all your IPs into what’s the most desired playstyle right now, and they flop.

And yet you have these viral sensations like Flappy Bird and Pokemon Go. Going back to my older posts, the IP iron fist control of content, just means that while you can control the quality of your game does not automatically suggest or guarantee popularity and replayability.

Let’s face it, I am not certain even Notch had the faintest idea his Indie take on Dwarf Fortress would ever leave the relatively small world it inhabited.

2 Likes

If you aint first, youre last.

Maybe you should read a full article before making unfounded claims!
HGC, Heroes of the Storm Global Championship, development was canceled not HoTs!

Moving developers off games to focus on more successful and developing projects what what happened to D3.

It’s just making that kotaku article even more true…

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

1 Like

Well, if I could post links.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2018/12/14/heroes-of-the-storm-devs-moving-to-other-projects-2019-esports-c

They could, you know, hire more developers instead of just shuffling people around. While HotS is not being cancelled, the dev team being moved to other projects and the esports being cancelled is worrying. I’m hoping it’s to work on D4 and not some mobile Wow game or whatever.

They are cost cutting, this has been the tone in the media from most sources.