HotS is being cancelled, will WoW be next?

LOL, how’s that Diablo 3 development going LOL! Yeah, dead game.

1. Still has an active playerbase,
  2. Still receiving minimal content updates,
  3. Still receiving maintenance.

Not dead.

1 Like

You mean where they said they’re working on a D4 but weren’t ready for an announcement yet? Seems like it’s fine to me. But you keep doomsaying about things if it suits you!

1 Like

Oh let’s be fair here exactly what happened. HOTS has always been polar, niche, steady but also Blizzards weakest link. The Diablo anger was so intense these workers are being moved to Diablo 4 to speed up and streamline that project. Blizzard is way spread out, they’ve gotten away from their base 3 games. There was probably alot of in-house meetings about this but I can see the future with a heavy emphasis on Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft. Overwatch has their team. Hearthstone has their team. They took talent where they could get it. As soon as warcraft reforged is done it’s whipcrack back to work peons.

I know they are working on D4, it’s been leaked already. They had planned for two expansions for D3, they killed it because of the community backlash. So now they get token set changes and slight tweaks to affixes and drop rate of loot or goblins or whatever. That is not development. That is tweaking what’s already there.

… What in the actual hell did I just read?

The asinine, delusional hypocrisy that flows from the mouth of the OP is something else.

Ever thought of signing up as a Blizzard employee? Every fault you point out in them, you possess yourself.

8 Likes

… how is a new Diablo game not development? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do you have any sense of logic whatsoever?

XD I’m so done. Thank you for this, lol.

D4 is development. D3 is a dead game. You fail to understand that they cut their losses with D3.

HOTS isn’t being cancelled and obviously you’ve taken Blizzard decision’s to not let you delete M+ keys extremely personally.

2 Likes

The Diablo franchise isn’t dead. They didn’t “cut their losses.” They simply moved forward to make another addition of the game.

I don’t even…

headdesks

1 Like

Didn’t I just tell you they had 2 expansions planned for D3. We only got one. What don’t YOU understand. /sarcasticdrama

But that doesn’t mean Diablo is dead…

It’s an expansion they cut to work on a new game. How is that bad?

And how does that even remotely point toward “HotS is dead?”

Oh right… it doesn’t.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You fail to realize that D3 technically died when Vanilla D3 failed entirely.

Droves of players were not actually playing the game, they were playing the RMAH. Blizzard Entertainment pocketed a huge penny out of this, sure, but they eventually removed the feature entirely; It was not a core belief of theres in the long run and it actually was a massive detrimental feature to the game and industry as a whole.

On the flipside, even with the enormous backlash upon the vanilla title it self, they continued to give it content. Reaper of Souls launched and it was everything the game was meant to be the first time around, and it was great. Still, the damage was done, and the game never recovered from the vanilla release fiasco.

Even STILL, they continued to release content patches for it, making it in to the game they envisioned for it. Later, multiple additional game modes were launched until finally we have both Rifts and Greater Rifts. Albeit not bad themselves, they are highly and massively repetitive and grindy, and it gets boring after a long while.

I applaud Blizzard Entertainment for not scrapping Diablo 3 entirely, and sticking with the title, and continuing to improve the game in to what it became. Path of Exile in the meanwhile has taken my hack-and-slash attention, it’s a truly beautiful title, but Diablo 3 still has a place on my HDD/ SDD regardless as I still very much enjoy playing my LoN LTK Monk from time to time.

They didn’t give up on the game; They constantly improved it; One failure and it wasn’t over for them. The game wasn’t dead when Reaper of Souls launched and it still isn’t dead today. From a massive development standpoint, however? Yes. They achieved their goal with Diablo 3 and are satisfied with it over-all now. And as we know, Diablo 4 is in the works.

Blizzard Entertainment doesn’t just make games to make them, and then leave when the cash isn’t flowing anymore. If that’s the case, Diablo 3 wouldn’t have had Reaper of Souls expansion, and it would’ve just been closed down as soon as they removed the RMAH. So kindly stop talking.

5 Likes

We are going to have to agree to disagree. That is the logical move here.

Nope. Sorry. There is zero logic in what you’re saying. But since I refuse to beat my head against a wall anymore with your ridiculous theories, I’m done. lol

Glad you agree.

I’d give you more than one like if I could!

Aww thanks. <3

I’ll take some more popcorn though?

1 Like

Freshly popped! :popcorn:

1 Like