Horde's coolest themes, best credit and appeals will go to the Alliance

Different Horde, plus that wasn’t in WoW.

1 Like

Ereviens post made no such distinctions though.

1 Like

Yes.

This is why I’m very pro faction disbandment. They are simply military alliances that have done nothing but water down a lot of the races identity and culture.

3 Likes

I have a bridge to sell you if you think it is the Horde or Alliance watering down race identity and culture; Not Blizzard’s mediocre writers not caring about anything that isn’t a human, elf, or orc.

7 Likes

I figured that’s the implication. I’ll be sure to be more specific for you next time.

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

the ######-up part is that both of you are right at the same time

4 Likes

True. It just depends how the writers feel that day. Almost like they just want scenes rather than story.

It needs to be stated a part of why this happened to is because WoW began development before even WCIII did.

1 Like

Sadly I don’t see blizzard doing anything in the future to fix this. Every time they release new content or games from Warcraft universe I see less and less horde representation and more alliance.

Horde has less screen time, less characters, less zones. I really can’t recall the last time since cata we did anything heroic in game that made us proud to be part of the horde.

It doesn’t look like blizzard are creating new horde characters. They are not developing current characters in any meaningful way or giving more power so they can be on par with their alliance counter parts. Look at Baine’s sorry excuse of a quest. Or worse we get character like Cailia whom no one wants.

I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel or even blizzard wanting to fix this faction. Going forward it would most likely be neutral or alliance content as it has been since legion outside of villain batting

7 Likes

I doubt you will see such a thing as they are angling more for Champions of Azeroth, and not Horde vs Alliance anymore.

But the rest of Warcraft - 1, 2, and WoW all conflict with that. The forsaken were evil from the start of WoW, the horde is generally portrayed as an aggressor, and you’ve had 20 years to reroll.

The Horde have generally been the “bad” faction with a few “good” leaders sprinkled in since WoW’s inception. You’ve had 20 years to understand this and reroll.

2 Likes

Love these circle jerking blood elf threads crying about the horde. The hero faction is right there waiting for you

Why should we. We been Horde for 17 years. Just because you frame something doesn’t mean it is the truth. Accept your blue privilige average male human paladin.

2 Likes

Then why does blizzard not describe the horde as such? Their description of the horde to interviews it’s always morally gray.

Also a lot of horde players like me rather quite than be forced to be heroes only in the alliance.

7 Likes

When I first tried WoW in 2007, with no knowledge of the series, being a teenager with a very limited understanding of english.

I saw “Alliance” having humans, and “horde” having zombies I just assumed they were the evil guys. Also with my knowldge of orcs coming only from LOTR, I also pretty much assumed them to be just the evil dudes.

Of course, I would get to know the lore later, and learn about how the faction conflict started and so on and so forth.

BUt even with this knowledge to this day, you can’t tell me Horde wasn’t always the faction with more “edge” to them, Undeads were straight up having their own goals and basically using the horde.

The truth is that WoW grew too much and lasted way longer than whoever designed the factions 20 years ago foresaw, so there is some dissonance. Alliance had more prejudice and limited worldviews, that had to change over the years, Horde had more edge, that also got changed over the years.

10 Likes

Yeah feels good being on the winning team :muscle: go velf if you dont wanna be an evil loser

1 Like

How dare you make me agreeing with you.

Without alliance plot armor the void elves would yet be another bunch of old god minions we can kill without a second thought about it.

1 Like