Horde should retake the Red Dragonflight and turn them against the alliance

Even if the Demon Chain was found, it wouldn’t have the power to enslave an entire dragonflight, so I feel like that’s probably a moot point. The residual power might give them control over a lesser dragon, like a proto-drake (it’s rumoured that the Demon Chain was responsible for Zaela having control over the proto-drakes that fought with her during the Siege of Orgrimmar and the defence of Blackrock Spire) but that’s all it’s going to really accomplish. It wouldn’t give anyone power over an aspect or elder dragon, who could then just torch whoever was wielding the Demon Chain.

2 Likes

Even than, when Nekhral, who originally had the demon chain, lost it before Zaella got it it back, his proto drake immediately turned on everyone. (This happens in Twilight Highlands)

It seems even than, the mind control was only temporary

1 Like

Honestly is this still even canon?

Blizzard has taken many steps over the years to curate and retcon certain elements of the game that used to be more for mature audiences and adult themed. They clearly want all their games to be more like a modern cartoon for kids.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this portion of Warcraft history was wiped away.

Yeah, I remember something else they forced them to do as well…

Gonna be a no from me, this part of the story is best left forgotten/ retconed.

You must know how the Writers would conclude a story involving the Horde doing anything close to this. What you are asking for is BFA: Redux. What would you want to do that to yourself. I thought you liked the Horde.

Yes it’s still canon. And it does seem like Blizzard is focusing on it being something that the Dragonmaw (or at least the surviving Dragonmaw) feel especially guilty over (which makes sense as what they did was horrible).

There’s actually a full quest chain coming in Dragonflight which shows one of the Dragonmaw grappling with what he did. Personally I think it’s a great quest chain from what I’ve seen of it on wowhead. It’s not clear if all the Dragonmaw feel the same way as the elder, but it’s still nice to see. I’m looking forward to seeing the quest play out in full when I get into the expansion after it launches.

I can’t see Blizzard ever going down the route of those types of actions being performed again though.

He wants BFA back, a lot of posters think the OP is Ereveins main. Who uh really wants to be evil and vindicated for being evil.

3 Likes

Really not sure why whoever Erevein’s main is matters. As long as they’re not breaking any rules on the forum, they’re allowed to post their opinions freely and even if you disagree with the opinion, that isn’t carte blanch to engage in callouts or any sort of harassment.

Apparently this thread was already flagged once and Blizzard didn’t see anything wrong with it. So, let’s stay on topic.

1 Like

the guy is wanting the Horde to live out his far right authoritarian dreams. Plus, you can’t really have a conversation with him without him acting as if he is his character. This conversation has no real merit for discussion either. There is no way that Blizzard will be dumb enough to enslave alexstrasza again and breed her like cattle for the Horde Warmachine.

Okay, and he’s welcome to that opinion. There are plenty of players out there who think the Horde should return to those ways. I see them all the time. The ‘Garrosh did nothing wrong’ fans, and the ‘Sylvanas was justified’ fans. Along with those folks who think that Baine is a traitor and deserves to die etc etc.

They exist, and there’s nothing wrong with them existing. This is a video game after all, people are going to have opinions on it. Will Blizzard cater to their opinions? Not likely no. I’d honestly be surprised if they ever take the Horde down the warmonger route (although I would not be surprised if they do an ‘Alliance bad’ style expansion surrounding Turalyon and the Light, but that’s just me)

You’re free to think the argument has no merit, in which case, feel free to mute the thread and be about your day. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to participate in the discussion.

3 Likes

While it is probably only able to be used on lesser drake(or at least non-aspects). But theoretically what if someone combined said power with another relic to enhance/increase its power. Something like the Eye of Dalaran or the Focusing Iris.

Amplifying the power could theoretically work. Other games have done similar things, such as in Guild Wars 2 where the Order of Whispers amplifies a device to destroy a reinforced gate, which if it were used without the amplification would not have done the job.

So if a person had access to the Demon Chain, and a device that could amplify its magical properties, then theoretically yes, it could be used to enslave more dragons, possibly even an aspect. But even amplified I don’t think it would have the power to enslave or even stop all the dragons, which the Demon Soul had the power to do.

It’s important to note that the reason why the Demon Soul was so powerful is because all the aspects, save for Neltharion, put a significant portion of their power into the device, and they were subsequently weakened as a result. They were so weakened in fact that they did not even have enough power to use their abilities on Neltharion when he revealed his madness.

When Rhonin destroyed the Demon Soul, he gave all the aspects back their power. So in theory a device could be used to amplify the chain, but then the aspects could easily act against whoever was wielding that device. Nozdormu for example could easily stop time and then eat whoever was trying to use the Demon Chain and that’s the end of that.

How to make the horde even worse in under 5 seconds! Oh! Congratulation, your suggestion would archieve this in an instant.

Now guys you know for which kind of hordefan bfa was written for

3 Likes

My suggestion?

I haven’t suggested anything.

In fact, multiple times in this thread I’ve plainly stated that I don’t think Blizzard would ever go down this route.

I mean the te

(Just as a heads up, he actually has a history of doing this. There are a few people here that really take the story WAY too seriously to the point of breaking ToS. The Mods really don’t seem to check in here, I have flagged straight-up racial slurs and a certain word to describe female body part that still stands. Wish someone told me this sooner but now of days I just know who not to talk to here.)

2 Likes

They checked in enough to restore the post, so, they’re more attentive than you might think. End of the day though if he says something that’s against the ToS, just flag it and move on. If I see too much questionable behaviour from a person, I just put them on ignore, then I don’t have to see their garbage.

I mean…

and I can find more.

5 Likes

I stand by what I said.

Feel free to report his posts if you feel that they break the ToS. If enough people report them Blizzard’s moderators will step in and they will take action, provided they actually break the ToS. I know from experience.

But I do not care about what someone does in another thread that I haven’t read. I’m not going to follow the bloke around from thread to thread searching for ToS violations.

1 Like

Its not really what i feel, just the fact. Cant bypass curse words in chat by spacing them out. I reported em, tons of others have, tine and time again.

4 Likes