Horde should not be allowed to merc mode

Those ally need to group up. You are seeing the ones needing to go on group finder to fight the Zerg. Go play a rando alliance solo and let me know how many horde you see

3 Likes

Um yes, the 25% war mode bonus for Alliance is based on the fact that there are more than 2.5 horde in war mode for every Alliance player in war mode. Only those of us who are some combination of tough/stubborn/crazy are happy doing current content knowing that at any moment a pack of Horde that outnumbers us 2.5:1 may swoop down and use us as target practice.

Servers like Scarlet Crusade has been Horde sided for over a decade. My server has NEEEEEEEEEEVER been Alliance sided. I actually picked Alliance on SC because I wanted to play with a friend, who has since passed and obviously no longer plays. I am not giving Blizz money to transfer or faction change and my server is just poor enough that you have to make AH flipping a full time job to make decent gold. I would be leaving behind a gigaton of progress to change sides and/or servers. I may as well just end my sub and play other games.

I see far more Alliance in the open world than Horde. Sharding plays a big role in this.

2 Likes

Merc mode should not exist the amount of horde players who purposely lose or troll alliance bgs is very high.

Alliance has an abysmal low win rate on BGs because of this that it isn’t very fun.

5 Likes

Well, they you must be the unluckiest orc ever, because the war mode bonus numbers are based on what Bliz sees on their servers, and is a good reflection of my experience in game.

It’s a meme in my guild, so it’s not just me. The numbers provided in this thread is not my experience with the game nor anybody in my guild or friend group.

The alliance has no room to speak about the horde.

only because most groups chose to take the path of most resistance.
there was no reason to run through the village to get to RH.

do you know there is more than one way to report a player?
if you can’t see them on the map, you can still report via the raid frame or the raid tab.

alliance could only access one x 400 weapon.
all my hordies got 2 because they could queue as both horde or alliance, and get the quests done on both sides.
my horde characters also raked in the TW badges, because the quests could be done on both sides.
if you want to talk favoritism, it seems fairly clear who got the short end of the stick here :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see 2 battle grounds, one for horde, one for alliance that pits faction members against themselves. This would allow better players to play against more skilled players (horde vs horde) and less skilled players to play against other less skilled players (alliance vs alliance). For the instances where skill overlaps they could fight the other faction (horde vs alliance).

Perhaps make “training ground” versions of each battle ground with slightly altered aesthetics but the same layout. This biggest issue with battle grounds is skill/gear gaps between players and this would really help level the playing field and make it a lot more fun!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

Again: Alliance demanded merc mode during WoD because Alliance queue times were so long (since it was the overpopulated faction).

YOUR TEAM wanted this. It’s hypocritical to say take it away now that the shoe is on the other foot.

1 Like

Factions are pretty balanced. If you’re talking about endgame raiding population, that isn’t going to change. Even with balanced racials, the community already exists on Horde. Why would they swap to Alliance and lose all of those connections?
You cannot force them to.

1 Like

I don’t know man, I can’t talk for others because I am almost always a solo PvPer but I don’t join matches with the intention of losing, regardless of Merc mode or not.

To be fair… Horde don’t want to play against the Alliance in general. Think about how boring it is for the Horde, we win every single battleground. The only solution is Horde vs Horde.

:man_shrugging:t4:

Press x to doubt.

I don’t know what that means… I’d know, but I’m too busy winning battle grounds.

The pvp stats on your armory page say otherwise. :wink:

The data is incomplete, but it shows that I’ve won more than I’ve lost. :smirk:

By comparison, yours is far worse and you’ve done far fewer battlegrounds. :laughing:

1 Like

On some. 60% pretty good, 30% not so much.

I say this as my armory probably shows 20%, but hey, its a solid 20.

I was getting there! Jeez.

Let’s be honest, there’s only so many times you can tell alliance to focus healers before you go back to farming all the things completion.