Horde should not be allowed to merc mode

What I’m trying to understand is how using obviously incomplete and grossly inaccurate data is supposed to be useful in any way as an example.

I mean, we can’t even use it for the data that would be possible for the add on to gather because it doesn’t seem to have gathering information, like the period of time it was gathered by and such. So you can’t even say "This is a snapshot of X server on these dates and times.

I want you to underline what you think your example is showing and how that website shows it.

1 Like

As I said earlier Tarrok,

Nobody knows what the true ratio or numbers are within the playerbase between both the Horde and the Alliance except for Blizzard. Every site, listed on the internet, is not Highly accurate, or even exact if want it in better terms.

This is gold coming from you.
I mean, you were friendly to me but as soon as you went with the Pros everything changed. You started to call us trolls, the very same people that supported you when they treated you like a fool.

1 Like

Look, I just went there and pulled up the US Servers info. The majority of the servers don’t have any numbers to them at all, and in the stuff showing without scrolling down it was clear the numbers were coming from a small number of players as most of them show population distributions with 100% on one side 0% on the other. First one is all Alliance pop it seems.

I agree, we don’t know the numbers, the best we really have is Forbes interviews saying that the population numbers were within acceptable range, but that Alliance wasn’t as strong in participating in some end game content.

I mean, look, the problem with massively incomplete data is that you can get what you want out of it, I mean, look at this, Horde has no population at all, we need all the excessive rewards now to balance this out!

1 Like

Just like Tarrok, link one post where I have called you trolls.

Here is the thing though Tarrok. I do agree. I was wrong to use that site, but even sites such as WoWProgress, is showing more of a ratio where there is more Horde than Alliance. Though, wouldn’t trust any sites at the moment, because in the end though, neither is actually accurate. As I said though, only Blizzard knows the true numbers and ratio between the Horde and Alliance population.

???

Shaman haven’t been “horde only” since vanilla. You’re like 13 years behind the times bud.

only available for the faction that has longer queue times, which is always horde.

3 Likes

There is this other side to the conspiracy, that when horde queues are mercenary mode, you get put with the worst alliance players. Always skirmishing midfield. Always ignoring objective. It’s like the put it in there just to make horde hate alliance players more.

1 Like

I agree with OP. The mode just encourages faction imbalance. Long queues with more wins is the tradeoff. Being able to choose isn’t trading anything off.

2 Likes

more wins? its pretty much 50/50 unless horde players are just on a different level.

Maybe they picked the horde cause the alliance sucks?

When I decide to queue up as a Merc, I do what I can to help the Alliance win. There are certain add-ons out there that allow you to see who is a Merc. I don’t see many out there when I play. Then again, I do mostly Epics.

I never troll the Alliance or try to sabotage them. Doing the honor grind sucks and it’s all about honor/hour. So, going Merc equals more honor. Winning is always better, of course, but the queue times on Horde means it goes slower.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think it is because of the “Alliance sucks”.

And this isn’t a Blizzard issue, this is a player issue, but there are people, doesn’t matter if they merc or not, that just like to ruin it for everyone else. For me, in my experience, my win/lose ratio on random BG’s is around 50/50 for both factions.

In the end though, it depends on the person, and stuff, because as I said, there are some who just like to ruin it for everyone.

I agree with removing Merc mode, feel like, if you choose alliance you play for alliance, if you choose horde, you play for horde, for better or worse. Just my opinion.

4 Likes

Til a player goes tank or heal and is instant qued, Or you have players playing those classses that have tank and heal offspecs and just use it to get into groups when they have no experience tanking or healing.

Solution would be to add more content that does not require tanks and heals.

Honestly, it’s not as bad as he says.

It paints the same exact picture that the raid leaderboards, the raiderIO M+ leaderboards, the PvP leaderboards, and the WM bonus paints: The alliance is hard-up for players.

He says “a puzzle with a thousand pieces, it gives you 5”, while ignoring the other 900 pieces we have from other sources. We don’t have the whole picture.

…but we do have most of it. And it’s not pretty.

And FWIW, I fully agree with OP. Merc mode was a mistake. Waiting in line is literally one of the few natural corrective actions you get when everybody all rolls the same faction. We need more of them. Not less.

3 Likes

I was referencing Classic which Shaman is Horde only at the moment. I did not know at the time it swapped from the classic forums to the general forums until just now when you made your reply. sorry for my inconvenience.

Terrible take. Alliance already gets a fatter WM bonus than Horde.

With having to fight overpopulated horde, that bonus is really worth it

All I ever see in open world is squads of 5+ ally and no Horde.

2 Likes