Horde should not be allowed to merc mode

WoW Census Data is collected when players use this mod… CensusPlus UI Mod.

This can be downloaded from curseforge and wowinterface.

Last updated :
8.0.5 - 01/17/2020 - Maintenance release
- Bumped TOC to 80300
- Includes code to support new allied races
- Added new Death Knights to be released with WoW 9.0.x and active with pre-orders.

Would this not mean that the Data is skewed according to how many people have downloaded the mod?

2 Likes

Yes and no one should be using wow census data as any proof. Only Blizz knows the numbers and they stated the difference was minimal.

The last day of the event I said good riddance. So unbalanced it wasn’t even fun t

1 Like

When I play merc mode I kill everything with a red nameplate. I want to win.

1 Like

When? I want a date, time, and link.

Not because I don’t believe you, but if wasn’t last week then excuse me if I think things may have changed since then.

5 Likes

pretty much everything you posted is wrong… apart from the detail about the marshals, which was hotfixed.

oh please.

it was awesome fun.
too many alliance were simply clueless, and wanted to do stupid stuff like cc mobs instead of killing them…
…or trying to zerg drek ROFL

Glad you had a grand time. Sure the devs did too

4 Likes

you can’t blame the devs for the players inability to understand mechanics.

if you didn’t like it, i’m not sure why you’d participate and complain… it wasn’t exactly an essential part of the game.

I’m not sure I believe that. 116,000 seems very very low. if you look at https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us that number tallied up is far greater. That’s also just US realms. now factor in all other regions + the ones that don’t meet the qualifications.

Either way I’d say 2:1 is accurate just the sample size of that website is low.

1 Like

At this point actual faction should be ignored for random queue casual BGs anyway. Take everyone who queues and randomly assign them to a blue or red team. Wait time solved. Gear imbalance solved. Skill level imbalance solved.

4 Likes

Unless something has changed, I never experienced this.

It happens. Not often but often enough

2 Likes

I wasn’t using it for numbers, I was just posting it for an example ratio of those who uses the addon to help submit data to that website.

Plus, I highly doubt WoWProgress would be accurate also to what the numbers are.

Also, you should read the bottom of the page.

https://i.imgur.com/0VGfGRO.png

Tier 20 was Tomb of Segaras.

Cute, you’re pretending the site that has Moonguard at 2:1 H:A population ration and high pop realms with 0 pop is real. So, trolling this too?

Cute. You can’t read a post:

Is that all you do? Accusing people of trolling.

You used it to try and pretend there’s a massive population imbalance that isn’t there. The site is useless as it is because there’s not enough people using it and there are some hard limits on the data it can collect ( /who only returns up to a certain # of players, so it can be missing large chunks of people playing)

There’s nothing useful to be gleaned from that site because it doesn’t even let you know where the data comes from. Right now it’s only providing 5 pieces out of a 1000 piece puzzle of population. It’s worse than useless because people are using it to spread FUD about the alliance in an effort I suppose to get more stuff given to them (and/or have more taken from the horde) but which seems to be more efficient at driving people away from the alliance.

Am I intruding on your schtick?

Once again, I was using it as an example. I never said it was accurate.

Dude, seriously, just stop.

That’s the problem. The numbers are horrible, they are not anything remotely approaching reality, they are so incomplete they can be painting a picture that may be reflecting the reverse of reality. The method used to gather the numbers is open to abuse as there are plenty of ways to use the add-on to skew the numbers sent be an individual (park say a horde character in Org or Dazar’alor during prime time for a few hours gathering data when you’re not really playing, then disable the add on to go play alliance. There, you’re sending in data that there’s a bunch of horde players on but no alliance.)

It’s a horrible example that if you actually look at how the data is gathered should hurt the argument that it’s being used to prop up.

1 Like

There are drawbacks for merc mode. You don’t get rep for BG factions, and you don’t get the bonus honor that Alliance do.

1 Like

You may want to read properly a couple of my post:

It is like every other website on the internet. None of the sites are accurate either.

Only ones who really does know the true ratio of the playerbase between both factions is Blizzard.