Horde PvP Community?

It was your in game behaviors of tearing down your team mates. Your team mates have had enough of it. That’s all. Happy travels, GG might be more your style anyhow.

What about him saying a group of players steamrolls bgs is insulting? Would it be better if he said the premade loses to pugs lol

5 Likes

Lol SoD doesn’t allow toxic people in our community.

Yeah, I changed it to GG after I remembered Toothless did his own thing.

No one mentioned anything to me. I did not think I was being toxic, I wasn’t trying to tear anyone down. I’ve been playing with you guys regularly for a month without a single complaint.

And I don’t know why you are so bitterly recommending other communities while disparaging me like this. I wasn’t looking to join one. It’s like you suddenly have an axe to grind with me. This one guy said he’d queue some regular bgs with me and never did add my btag after asking for it… I half wonder if this is some kind of set up. Feels like a text message breakup.

I really wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction. If people didn’t like me then I’m sorry for whatever it was I said. I had fun getting to know and play with you guys.

4 Likes

Maybe he was talking about something in game. It sounds like he has some personal dislike of me and wanted me removed. Or he’s taking things out of context.

I don’t think it’s fair to paint me as some egomaniac and I’m a little insulted he felt the need to berate me on the forums. It’s a low move to attack someone’s character/reputation on the forums imo. I could do the same to him out if defense and spite but I’m not going to. I didn’t have any beef with him until today.

A few days ago me and Torture were talking amicably about our shared like of hearthstone BGs, the new buddy meta, and our favorite heros to play. Now I’m suddenly be called toxic out of the blue and kicked out with a simple forum message while I’m at work. It’s disappointing to find out someones place in the community is so easily manipulated by some favortism and internal drama. I had hoped they were above that.

1 Like

Deso you are welcome to message me in game to discuss. I have no pull but will be happy to discuss in private. You may not have been aware of what you were doing. Won’t air it on this toxic forums, which is conducive to very little productivity.

There’s probably no point now that I’ve been “yeeted” without warning… on these ‘toxic forum’ and self gratifying flagellation, really? If there was some unspoken issue you had with me then you should have said something. This whole thing seems immature and petty. You did not have to make me out to be some awful person that I’m not. Like a coworker that pretends to get along with you, not saying anything, but talks behind your back trying to get you fired. I want no part in it.

I think I’m done with epic bgs after this. Perhaps the entire community search was a mistake. I just wanted a few people to play the game with late at night.

5 Likes

Yea was going to say they already gave a reason on this “toxic forum.” Don’t know what happened with you all but from an outsider perspective, I wouldn’t bother messaging in game either.

3 Likes

I’ve been in most of the PvP communities on both sides, off and on, on my druids. The communities are all different with differing amounts of activity and civility. I know I burn out easy so I’m only good for a few months at a time. I’m not anti-social, just kind of selectively-social. When stuff starts to get on my nerves – but doesn’t seem to get on anyone else’s nerves – then I know it’s time for me to make a quiet exit. At least for a little while. That’s what I recommend instead of the nuclear option.

1 Like

Don’t know why he name dropped us with his little moniker either because no one interacts with him or his community outside of the forums and certainly doesn’t stoop to any toxicity or w/e.

How long does it take?

:T

Uh… You guys already publicly called him out and kicked him out. But he might not be aware of what he’s doing?

If he might not be aware, why not discuss it with him first before "toxic forum"ing it up and kicking him?

2 Likes

Not long at all. They don’t drop queues and requeue. Maybe they mean time between queues. They get split a lot so will wait for a BG or two or 3 to be done so they can queue again.

Usually pretty fast. There’s been a few times where you could solo-queue between sync-queues. Few weeks ago it was probably an hour and finally someone asked if we were going to queue again. Turned out everyone thought we were waiting for a BG but none of us had been in one for an hour. It happens.

1 Like

Deso is a remarkably good and talented healer. You can queue with him once and see that for yourself. In EBGs, his baseline is like 70M+ heals and breaks 100M without buffs from the game. I’ve also had good conversations with him into wee hours – he’s a good guy. I think the concern was that he criticizes strategy calls during and after matches and of individual teammates. Different groups handle that differently. Corpse Corps was founded as an inclusive environment for players, whether veterans or just learning. They welcome people to play alts in every EBG who are often under geared – because that’s how you get gear. They don’t like losing, but they accept it as part of playing together with people who feel the same. So the community is the priority, which places any mention of toxicity into context.

2 Likes

The queue itself doesn’t take that long for epics for horde. I think it’s about the same for Alliance. It’s lining up a sync queue that can take a while because only some of the groups get pops. Then it’s drop queue and try again. Sometimes spend 20 min + doing requeues and with that many people there is always people going afk between queues.

1 Like

SAS does not do this.

Yes, I believe torture mentioned they have so many people queuing at once that they tend to get a lot in the same game anyways. Or she was talking about some other group. Corpse corps trys 3 or 4 times to get all the queues to pop and get in as many as they can but they also don’t run a full 40. It’s probably more like 20 to 25. Eventually they take the queue even if a group didn’t get in but often they can get everyone.

While a lot if the games were one sided stomps I had some fun ones against enemy partial premades. Those were the ones I looked forward to. Wintergrasp is a drag win or lose though.

I feel you guys could have privately discussed this with him.

Instead, he was publicly, out of the blue smacked with:

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment, it was fun to play with you and talk about the games. I can be a bit competetive sometimes and I do try to help with strategy when perhaps I should not. I like to discuss why we lost and what we could have done differently in those games especially. I’ll make some calls mid game but only if I think it’s important information. Sometimes things were falling apart but nothing gets said and the stratregy is not adjusted quickly.

I don’t appreciate the way this was handled but I’ll get over it. My schedule really limits how much I was queuing with you guys anyways. I was going to be there all weekend when I finally had time. I can’t say this is encouraging for new players to the community. Either you are liked right away and you meld into the clique or you’re seen as a problem and yeeted with zero notice.

3 Likes