Horde players showing up neutrally on Amirdrassil

Very easily. There’s been legends in pagan religions that show different things that current Pagans do. Like there’s the legend of Njord of how people made mead and poured it into the sea to seek his blessings.

For modern practioners that’s all you have to worship your deities by using the old legends.

1 Like

Oh man, I recall shortly after I transferred to Moon Guard on my Alliance alts, I got roped into joining some organized RP-PvP events. The Battle of Pyrewood Village, the Thandol Span Defense, and of course, my most favorite of all; holding the freaking line in Westfall. My glowy-handed nelf priest just healing, doing her thing, but always tracked down and targetted by this one blood elf rogue. On the forums, we were besties. On the battlefield, we were enemies.

It was at Westfall that a dwarf rogue who knew what had been going on with us made it his mission to keep that blood elf off my back.

Keep your Seiges of Orgrimmar, your Battle of Lordaeron and your War of Thorns.

Those player-made events felt like actual faction warfare.

3 Likes

I still remember fondly one of the major raids that horde pvpers did on stormwind and a couple GMs actually joined in on the fun and dropped a bunch of infernals on people

It’s those moments that stick with you

1 Like

You’re thinking about when Garrosh sent the Horde to invade Ashenvale after Wrath. Dreadmoore and I were talking about the peace treaty after the Siege of Orgrimmar of the Night Elves allowing the Horde use of Azshara’s lumber and the Horde’s part of the treaty being to stay out of Ashenvale, which they broke with the War of the Thorns.

6 Likes

it feels like another instance where Horde players are not given much agency in the story and we have to just go along with it. At no point am I made to feel uncomfortable as a blood elf in Amirdrassil and that makes me feel icky but also like it’s ignoring the history of animosity between NE and BE’s

I remember a time when Blood Elf plays could get a hunted debuff by going anywhere near NE lands.

Well, it’s kind of obvious that when you’re practising war, all previous agreements become null and void.

ya horde shouldnt be allowed in amirdrassil

I don’t know where we’re at in the conversation so I’m just going to reiterate that I’m going to be hanging out there just to place campfires under Tyrande.

1 Like

It’s your 15 per month.

Just remember numerically, it’s essentially the Horde who gave the new tree to her going by a global player ratio of 2 to 1.

If we go by player particpation, Amirdrassil owes it’s salvation tothe Horde by a factor of 2 to 1.

You really want to be that churlish?

Good thing the story isn’t based off horde to alliance ratios

1 Like

If you’re going by that route, the story IS based on … drum roll here…

The Horde and Alliance ONCE AGAIN… ccoming together to face down a big bad and save the Night Elf World Tree.

The story reflects this by giving Horde players a NEUTRAL reception as opposed to the FRIENDLY one Alliance visitors receive. And apparantly there are NPCs that will treat the Horde player as KIS targets.

Alliance visitors get quick portal access, use of the portals and trainers there, and can bind themselves to the local Inn.

Horde players get none of that.

We did it for the phat lewts.

There are appropriate limits to my gratitude. :slight_smile:

Edit someone already made this comment

wow congrats but they only did that to stop the big bad from this expansion doubt they wouldve helped other wise also there help means nothing after all they’ve done

2 Likes

The story doesn;t agree with you.

story does agree with me as its the only reason horde helped

3 Likes

I would have been perfectly happy to never set foot in Amadrisil if Blizzard had given us some Horde based content [Gasp! A plot based on Horde Lore? Is Blizzard even able to do that?] instead of having to play through yet another round of NE content.

8 Likes

Horde players, just like Alliance players, have been involved in the Amirdrassil story from the very beginning. They too were involved in the Chains of Domination campaign, which involved saving Tyrande and the creation of Amirdrassil’s seed. Horde players also took part in the early Dragonflight quests that involved the seed being moved to the Emerald Dream. Horde players, just like Alliance players, were recruited by Shandris to investigate the Druids of the Flame, which led to Horde players as well as Alliance players going to the Emerald Dream, and then learning Fyrakk’s plans.

It is incorrect to state that Horde players only helped because of Fyrakk, because they were already helping before Fyrakk’s plan was learned. It’s the only way they would even be able to already be in the ED when Fyrakk’s plan is uncovered.

The story does not, in fact, agree with you.

7 Likes