Horde players showing up neutrally on Amirdrassil

Continuing the discussion from I don't care about Horde players:

Shandris has no special dialogue for the Horde player during the Korthia campaign quest to save Tyrande.

9 Likes

I think your old thread title was just too clever for the mods, Amadis.

5 Likes

What a random mod action. It was not even flagged.

2 Likes

What am I looking at here?

Original thread was delisted. I didn’t even notice until what I thought was a quote reply was requesting a thread title. I wouldn’t have known at all if I hadn’t still been getting reply notifications from Dreadmoore.

5 Likes

Yes she does.

So help me C’thulhu, if this becomes a “no she doesn’t/yes she does” discussion, I will…

Uhm…

Ok, well actually? Actually-actually? I would only be surprised Amadis fed into it.

4 Likes

As was the case in the original thread, Dreadmoore provides no citations, so his statement doesn’t have anything to support it. No point in rebutting a post that doesn’t have any substance.

8 Likes

I’ll post them when I get home.
Meanwhile you stated nelves have not been xenophobic for a three expansions while the night elves refused the armistice and tried to ethnically cleanse the horde from Ashenvale whilst they also invaded the barrens and azshara.

Citation: Exploring Kalimdor.

The Horde broke the peace treaty to stay out of Ashenvale first. Not agreeing to an armistice with the Horde when the Horde has not upheld its agreements is more a matter of having no trust in the Horde than anything else.

If you find any quotes you’d like to share from the Korthia campaign quests please feel free to do so, though.

9 Likes

Silly Dreadface, that’s not Korthia, that’s a Night Fae quest!!

3 Likes

They didn’t stop at Ashenvale’s borders, so no it isn’t.

Nelves committed worse and demanded peace from trolls.

Tyrande was offered peace.
She declined it.
She chose to continue killing until the end of Shadowlands.

You may choose to be incorrect and believe that ethnically cleansing is not literally met in Ashenvale*. But Amadis said that the nelves hadn’t been xenophobic for three expansions, and this is patently false.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, or religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous.

1 Like

Neither did the Horde stop at Durotar, they continued onward and onto the Barrens and even Dustwallow. Or were you asleep during the years when Horde were braying about Theramore being a “legitimate target” when they glassed the city out of time and space?

Night elves only turned their wrath against the Shatterspear only after they decided that they would rather join the invading Horde, rather than pursue peaceful neutrality with the night elves. If anything, the fact that the night elves didn’t show hostility towards the trolls in Darkshore (until they decided to f’ around and find out) is a testament to them being tolerant more than anything.

I really don’t understand how someone can be so smug and so wrong. You don’t even realize that the definition you painstakingly pulled out of a google search contradicts you, right?

The “Horde” isn’t a race. It’s a faction that has consistently antagonized the kaldorei, and is composed of many different races that also exist under neutral factions. Night elves were always guarded, but they showed tolerance to neutral or friendly outsiders, such as their willingness to allow a tauren to camp with them in Talrendis Point, or how they were willing to settle Ashenvale with their draenei allies, or accept humans and gnomes in Ashenvale.

Hardly a xenophobic ethnostate you’ve decided to strawman into this discussion.

So, no. Your claims of night elves being big bad xenophobe meanies throughout “three expansions” is a claim that only exists in your head. It would also help if you clarified what three expansions you’re talking about, since Dragonflight has completed the cycle of night elves being neutered into toothless, neutral hippies.

20 Likes

As was her right to do so.

3 Likes
    Shandris Feathermoon says: I will not put a life so dear to my heart in the hands of a soldier of the Horde.
    Bolvar Fordragon says: Shandris, I know what it is to bear the scars of war. But this Maw Walker may be your only hope of saving Tyrande.
    Shandris Feathermoon says: Very well. I will set my pain aside...
As Alynsa pointed out, that is from the Night Fae covenant campaign, which you claim you did not do. Leaving only the invasion of Ardenweald by the Mawsworn and the ritual to save Tyrande to apply to your statement about Shandris:

During neither of which does Shandris say anything different to a Horde player than she would to an Alliance player.

3 Likes

As you agreed, the Horde broke the peace treaty over Ashenvale. That peace treaty involved allowing the Horde use of Azshara’s lumber. Given the Horde was not able to remove the Night Elves from Azshara since the Catalcysm, as we still saw the Talrendis Point (and possibly the Darnassian Base Camp? I can’t remember that one for sure) still standing and staffed during the Legion invasion, as Exploring Kalimdor covers Azshara was never at any point completely in the Horde’s hands. The Night Elves were never invading Azshara. They were defending a bridge they had always been at to hinder the Horde’s invasion of Ashenvale.

While Exploring Kalimdor states that the Alliance took the Mor’shan Rampart back from the Horde again, as the Night Elves had held it ever since the Siege of Orgrimmar until the War of the Thorns, that is literally the border of Ashenvale.

4 Likes

Tyrande was offered peace. She was too bloodthirsty and wanted to kill all horde. She was fine with her people dying as long as horde also died.

Bad decision since the warsong have canonically held the night elves in check entirely on their own as of orc heritage. her dumbery lost her Ashenvale and also nelf lives.

:relieved:

1 Like

Everyone knows the only proper response that orcs understand is

(I’m joking before someone gets their panties twisted over it :stuck_out_tongue: )

6 Likes

Would you like to know more?

6 Likes

Yes, yes I would :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like