Horde players have ruined the game. Alliance on life support

But your whole point was you as a horde have alot of Alliance alts, but only the one’s at 120 count to the max level. Your point about 22 toons won’t even effect the numbers.

1 Like

My point is exactly the opposite. My point is that there are a lot of Horde mains with Alliance alts. Most alts are lowbies.

So while the number of total members of each faction is around the same, at level 120 the Horde has more characters. Because most alts don’t get to max level, but most mains do.

Elves ruined the game

OMG! FFS Horde! This is why we can’t have nice things.

But none of those alts that AREN’T max level count on the charts, so it doesn’t matter if you have 50 million alliance lowbie alts, they won’t show on the charts.

The female human rework made me switch to horde years ago.

If they ever make blood elves fat then I’m out.

What is Blizzard to do? Try and ask all the players that faction changed to Horde or created Horde characters why they did so?

Races are pretty much balanced, and Alliance has all of the benefits befitting an underdog faction.

It is all player dynamics that determined that Horde is the overruling faction in NA, nothing to do with in game features.

In contrast, the OCE region is predominantly Alliance dominated and becomes more so as players move over to the larger faction AND the added benefits Alliance confers players.

I think the solution is more raid rewards like the famed slayer stuff they recently did. Add more onto that thats faction specific and you could see people shift simply because they don’t have as much competition

I completely agree with the distribution of top % rewards between factions, but I don’t honestly see it making that large of a push.

Even if a couple of dozen Mythic guilds decide to transfer because it’s easier (and admittedly there is stigma even in that) it’s not realistically going to skew the balance far enough in that particular direction to create an actual change I don’t think.

Personally it’s while unlikely, absolutely possible that they may disband faction conflict in 9.0 as the only way they can reasonably balance the population, through assimilation.

1 Like

Maybe just a little at a time, like slow boiling a lobster.

1 Like

Haha yeah. Would help if they had lower difficulty ones to encourage say, heroic players or something aswell, but it would require some form of differentiation otherwise they would simply be taken by the mythic players.

If you could somehow have it so you can only earn one per expac (edit: I mean patch/raid) (registered intent?) Then possibly it would drag more players over.

The realm population diversity is just ridiculous, horde is always 10:1 against alliance.

The elephant in the room no one – but especially the devs – want to admit is there.

It’s gotten to the point Horde players expect to be catered to in everything. Hence the whining about AOO, and even Christie Golden having a banner of Alliance faction leaders on her Twitter.

2 Likes

Fixed it for ya

4 Likes

~10 years of bad marketing by Blizzard, worse storytelling by a disconnected and horde-only cdev staff and the worst response to their complaints from an arrogant lead developers who dismisses every Alliance players complaint about the two prior issues…

4 Likes

[quote=“Jehoma-frostmane, post:474, topic:218571”]

If they ever make blood elves fat then I’m out

You and 40% of the entire horde player base…

There ya go Blizz. How to balance this current issue. Make belfs fat so then everyone who wants to be the edgy / pretty race will just go over to the alliance and make void elves

Lol dang phone app. Oh well. You can see who I’m replying too :joy:

You are missing that there are direct in-game benefits to being the over-represented faction. Aside from the risk-free 10%, you also get free conquest points from world events. It is literally easier for a horde solo player to gear than an alliance one.

Gnomes are more “played” than 12 other races.

Approximately the same (4-7% of total player base) as 8 other races.

Less played than 3 races.

Humans, Night Elves, and Blood Elves are the only races that have some huge “played” number that other races don’t have.

Gnomes are played as much as, or more than, most races in this game.

Just as a general FYI since you don’t seem to know this…

“I don’t like this (them, that, whatever)” doesn’t actually mean “others don’t like this (that, them, whatever)”.

Where do you get your numbers? The only source I have contradicts that.

https://realmpop.com/us.html