Horde Players: Do you want Ashenvale with the Armistice?

your navy died and you lost the war

1 Like

warFRONTS.

Don’t worry she’s not actually on your side. She normally posts as a gnome and her posts make it very clear she dislikes the Horde. You’ve had some run ins with each other before. A bad Horde story is inconsistent with Horde bias though.

Is this a scummy attempt to make Horde fans appear happy with their story in Battle for Azeroth? I’ll let you decide.

3 Likes

They’re an Alliance player that wants to inflict massage loss of life, possibly including civilians, on the Horde. Some people just can’t be convinced that attempted genocide isn’t objectively fun.

It isn’t. The story will always be what it will be because of the ideological underpinnings of WoWs lore and fantasy in general. “Horde bias” can refer to things like game mechanics which are totally unrelated to the story, what the developers tend to play, the iconography Blizzard tends to favor in marketing their franchise, etc.

Edit:

To speak of faction bias in the story is an absurdity because neither factions are real things. They’re just devices for a badly badly written cheaper than comic book story garbage. Is it Alliance bias to be written as a perpetually gimped and victimized knight in shining armor? Is it Horde bias to be written as a schizoid ever changing monster? Like, what does it mean in terms of the story? The more interesting question for the story is what ideological messaging is promoted in the way these factions are written, not what “bias” there is towards these fictional factions which obviously players of both and fans of both are perpetually unsatisfied with.

8 Likes

I’m more accusing Blizzard of trying to sweep that problem under the table and the Alliance players and Horde players are arguing about how to solve it and no real solution has been offered yet.

1 Like

I wasn’t accusing you of anything. You try very hard to be fair from what I’ve seen. And I appreciate your posts.

1 Like

Siberia isn’t where the elites had it cozy.

Nope, it’s a win. Player’s side of a civil war always wins. And we didn’t even lose anyone… okay maybe one dude, in the civil war. That is a total victory. We even got rid of a traitor before she fed the rest of us to Warcraft Hades!

Yours did too, and you lost the war.

Hey, you want to check your boxes for tiny handout victories, be my guest.

Hey, you don’t need my help in that regard, we got to play the bad guys and get away scot free from it.

Only as long as we keep getting away with it. What lasting damage have we taken this expansion? Pretty much none.

Nah, screw Alliance, Horde now. Zandalar’s a blast. We have an actual NARRATIVE over here!

Am now and there’s nothing you can do about it, chief.

No, I see Horde as playing the villains, which I’ve made entirely clear on this thread, but playing the bad guy, blowing up cities, and not suffering for it is way, way better than watching your stuff blow up and your cities burn without being able to do a thing about it.

That the Horde are monsters and the Alliance are weak punching bags? Agreed. I think I’d rather be a monster than a punching bag.

I agree completely with everything you said. Horde are definitely used more as a marketing tool and a brand. I would also say that there absolutely are imbalances in game play issues such as population, PVP performance, and PVE performance. It’s only when used about the story where I draw the line, for the reasons you put much more eloquently than I ever have.

2 Likes

prove it, jaina has it hunting down sylvanas in 8.3

Good thing she’s not on our side anymore! :stuck_out_tongue:

And sure, watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUNLlnK6Ils

1 Like

Umm what does that have to do with the navy

and why did you post a cinematic that was 8.2 when jaina says the line about sylvanas in 8.3

That collection of blue boats right there? Alliance’s navy. Getting destroyed. Again. Hah. You had that naval advantage, true… for 1 patch before Sylvanas’ plan, via her deal with Azshara and Nathanos luring it into a trap (you’d think they’d learn after the first time) absolutely crushed it and evened the scales there again.

I was posting a cinematic for proving that the Alliance’s navy got wrecked. Jaina can hunt down Sylvanas all she likes in 8.3, she’s not with the Horde anymore! No skin off our bones! Heck, she’d save us the trouble, our Rangers are after her too!

1 Like

All of this is painful because it’s true. The Horde might be the bad guys, but they are the victorious bad guys in WoW. I’m beginning to think about unsubscribing again. Blizz really needs to improve the quality of their story.

1 Like

Join the dark side. We have cookies.

1 Like

but she hunts sylvanas with the navy that you think its destroyed you know navys are more than 5 ships right?

1 Like

I could say the same about Zandalar’s! And it was apparently most of the navy when they were shot down chasing Talanji in 8.0! :laughing:

1 Like

There has been no status update on the zanda navy

Then you have no status on it being wiped out instead of damaged :grin:

thats what I am going on, it was crippled in 8.1