Horde Players: Do you want Ashenvale with the Armistice?

I mean they already gave Night Elves to the Horde in the form of Undead Night Elves so why not give them Elune too ?

Are they going to stay Horde though? I feel like they are setting us up for a new Hero Class of Dark Rangers with Alliance getting Night Elves and Horde getting Blood elves.

Blizz really wanted them to stay in the Horde it seems like with statements like them joining the Horde free willingly.

I also can’t see us get a new class anytime soon, especially not one that’s elf only since we already got DH.

Tyrande also doesn’t represent all the Night Elves, as ironically, even with Tyrande questioning Elune, the Night Elves still trust in the Night Warrior:

Night Elf Sentinel: All this talk of the war winding down… Sylvanas is still out there. Have they all forgotten what she did?
    Night Elf Sentinel: Not Tyrande. She is still out there, too. Hunting Sylvanas and Nathanos like the dogs they are.
    Night Elf Sentinel: May the might of the Night Warrior lay waste to those walking corpses.

And then we had “Terror of Darkshore” as a follow up. Even in the Darkshore Warfront itself where Delaryn doesn’t really do anything of note, the Night Elves still fight and win back Darkshore in contrast to Delaryn’s loss of hope.

I don’t think Dark Rangers are going to be a Hero Class, but I can see them being character customization options for Night Elves and Blood Elves for the Alliance and Horde respectively.

Given Ion said there is no 8.3.5 planned, there don’t look to be any more Allied Races coming. With Shadowlands the new thing we are getting is character customization for existing playable races.

2 Likes

That doesn’t state they have faith in Elune. Tyrande is the Night Warrior right now.

Night Warrior is Elune, and to be empowered by the Night Warrior is to be fighting on behalf of Elune.

Then why is Tyrande having a crisis of faith about Elune?

I don’t have a canon answer for that. Can speculate either that Tyrande isn’t actually doubting Elune that much, or Elune is doubting herself as well.

I just checked wowpedia.

It says Tyrande is the Night Warrior.

Tyrande Whisperwind says: Now, we shall have justice. The Night warrior lives... within me.

So why doesn’t she ask Elune why she’s letting her people die?

She probably will in Shadowlands.

This doesn’t compute. If Elune is riding inside of her now there’s no reason they can’t have a dialogue now.

That is the case for much of Warcraft’s lore, yet is still the lore.

1 Like

Are you sure this isn’t just flowery moontree elf prose?

1 Like

I mean if the Night Warrior is a boon granted by Elune, and Tyrande succeeded in receiving it…

Terran Gregory during the Story and Lore Developer Live Stream, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhpGvgXyi-U&t=38m43s :

Terran Gregory: If you'll notice at the warfront, all the NPCs that are Night Elves actually have the darkened eyes. So there's definitely a sense that, in proximity, fighting on behalf of the darkened element of Elune under the darkened moon, that's what happens. And whether or not the player has customized themselves, that of course is player choice, but I think in the story sense that any Night Elf that's fighting on behalf of Elune in that confrontation their eyes would be darkening.

Is Tyrande not a night elf, Amadis?

And yet Tyrande seems to make distinction between Elune and the Black Moon… claiming Elune abandoned them despite Elune literally bestowing her super powers and plunging Darkshore into eternal night…

… If you are trying to tell me Delaryn and seemingly Tyrande having crisis of faith is realistic and good story telling, I am just not going to believe you.

Indeed she is. And as her eyes are still darkened she is still fighting on behalf of Elune, despite her questioning.

I am not. I am saying that despite either Delaryn or Tyrande having a crisis of faith, the rest of the living Night Elves are not.