Horde Players: Do you want Ashenvale with the Armistice?

A part of me will always wonder if this would have happened had I acted sooner. If I had confronted Sylvanas in the early days of the war. If Teldrassil hadn’t burned.

It is not an easy thing to watch a dear friend tread a dark path, to recognize when they have gone astray. I thought I knew her, and Saurfang has paid the price for my error in judgment.

I have tasked the Farstriders with tracking down both Sylvanas and Nathanos… though I am unsure we can find them at all. They were Farstriders themselves, once.
But I cannot simply stand idle while they are out there. Not anymore.

3 Likes

He regrets Saurfangs death, not the genocide.

this is amazing, its like you cant read anything that contradicts your worldview, its right above it

2 Likes

Saurfang died because Teldrassil burned and he regrets Saurfangs death. This statement does not imply that he regrets Teldrassil itself.

1 Like

So one reference to Teldrassil . Nice.

1 Like

what saurfang trying to kill himself isnt good enough for you?

1 Like

Neri Sharpfin says: Any enemy of the queen is a friend of ours. We know the bad guys pretty well, and you’re not one of them.

Lor’themar Theron says: There are some who would beg to differ.

No, it’s not.

One dead Horde character who felt sad about it is not an example of faction-wide remorse.

2 Likes

what about the army of rebels
also since when has blizzard told us what the general population feels kek, should I get those lines of nelves wanting the war to end or is that gonna upset you?

1 Like

What about them? Are they there for Teldrassil? Or are they there because Sylvanas tried to assasinate Thrall and imprisoned Baine?

Probably the latter.

And since when has Blizzard ever used the Genocide of a playable race as a catalyst for a Story the Night Elves had no roles in?

Oh yeah… BfA.

I see you have switched factions.

4 Likes

8.1 and now we are talking about nelves, I am sorry but there is clear regret in the story, what I link you proves that
Is it enough? That varies for each people, but to go in here and say that it wasnt blizzards intent to show regret for the horde. It just shows your lack of understanding of the story.

1 Like

None of what you linked proves that lol. The motivations of the character in the sources you shared have nothing to do with Teldrassil.

2 Likes

Darnassus would not be the last city to burn. The loss of life on both sides would tower over this atrocity. And it would all rest on his shoulders. Every moment would be a nightmare.

Sylvanas turned back toward the World Tree, watching it burn. Saurfang made himself watch the flames consume city and citizens alike. He would not dishonor himself further by turning away.

The screams continued. They reminded him of Shattrath. He had loved the sound, then. Smoke filled the air, reminding him of Stormwind, of racing through the streets as buildings burned all around him, finding cowering humans and butchering them as they begged for their lives. He had loved the slaughter, then.

And he had loved this war, too, hadn’t he?

Saurfang did not move for hours, not until the screams faded and the flames had burned themselves down to embers. Before him stood a smoking husk that had once been a great civilization. Inside him was a feeling of despair, a feeling of shame. There was no haze of corruption now to soften the horror.

Saurfang would remember this moment in his dreams forever. He would relive this shame, and all the new ones to come, over and over again.

You have led your Horde in the service of death , Malfurion had said.

How could Saurfang face the soldiers he had led into this war? How could he explain what they had done?

He couldn’t. He would never know how.

But the burden would be his, always, until his dying day.

As Saurfang turned away, he hoped that day would come soon.

2 Likes

One.Dead.Character

is not an example of faction-wide remorse.

2 Likes

he is when he represents the whole faction for a while, i also posted lothermar. Do I have to post the little orc child now, or the goblins who brate loyalists for following sylvanas.

why dont you put your money where your mouth is and post some stuff of the horde really enjoying the burning hmmm? This argument is one sided if you dont post some proofs like I did

2 Likes

he doesn’t though.

You just want to believe that the Horde felt regret for it , but it’s not what the writers wanted. If it was in my power to write the story after the Burning, I would’ve had the Horde try to be honorable again, show regret for what they did and return the lands, but again, the writers didn’t want it. The Horde didn’t show regret, didn’t apologize, didn’t make up for it, is still occupying the lands and would do it again anytime if they have the means for it.

1 Like

post proof

1 Like

Lor’themar was also upset about Teldrassil, but here’s a hard ducking pill to swallow.

The Horde player’s experience is not written for the Alliance player. It’s marked and noted several times that burning teldrasil was bad and people regret it, and then the story moves on. Punishing us forever for something we had absolutely no control over is asinine, and thankfully Blizzard’s devs are smart enough to recognize that fact.

7 Likes

My proof is your inability to proof that the Horde did show regret. You just misunderstood that Lor’themar line.

1 Like

Post proof.

1 Like