Horde Players: Do you want Ashenvale with the Armistice?

Well I’ll be sticking on Horde in the meantime, Alliance hurts to play if you care about lore or pve. It’s legitimately been disheartening to me.

To answer the question I’ve always assumed a quarter to a half of Ashenvale was Horde.

1 Like

Well sure, but the thread is addressed to Horde players. There is no reason to put yourself in the story or consider it from the perspective of the Horde or your character.

But in my mind that’s a separate question. If it’s a sticking point something else can happen in the narrative to justify it. The Horde could negotiate the withdrawal of Alliance presence in Tirisfal as a straight out exchange for their withdrawal of Ashenvale, then reinforce western Azshara to secure the border and secure Southfury River via shamanism, a discipline that the Horde excels at and the Night Elves do not.

Yeah, I have trouble finding anything interesting enough in the Alliance story to really engage, and all the themes and cosmetics I like are on the Horde side. So I’m either Horde or unsubscribed, for a good part of this expansion I was unsubscribed.

In that case, my answer is split. From the perspective of an observer who knows how little this matters because Blizzard pays no respect to the logistics of war, I don’t care about Ashenvale at all. Orgrimmar is exactly as secure as Ironforge and we’re all equally vulnerable to the whims of the writers.

From the perspective of someone who wishes Blizzard was better at weaving a nuanced story with inter-faction tension that was more grounded, I’d say the Horde has enough of a reason to be interested in Ashenvale to at least try and negotiate for a piece of it.

“This is our river!”
“But we depend on it.”
“Well you shouldn’t have built your city there!”
“But we did, and it’s too late to move.”

That’s tension. I prefer that so much more than what we got.

Honestly I don’t think the Horde has that many themes the Alliance doesn’t that aren’t down to really bad choices in leadership.

How about we just take Ashenvale…

And move it somewhere else!

5 Likes

They started a genocide no realistically they should be kissing anduins feet helping him prove to the other leaders of the alliance that he is right about the peace

1 Like

Yes but in what way can you define a minimal imbalance as “abundant or ample.” Guess what! It’s not suppose to be perfectly even. It never is! Never Will Be! At any given moment, one side is going to have more then the other. That’s a core aspect to the game.

This is what irks me MOST about players crying about their side should get their revenge on the other for wrongs committed; To “make it fair.”
It’s not going to be even. Never Going to be “Fair.”
This is War and by it’s very essence, is always going to be uneven, because neither side actually WANTS it to be fair. If they did, they’d sit down and divide up Azeroth like a pie.

“Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal.”

Actually, there’s a 3rd option. Create an Demilitarized Zone that neither side can claim ownership of or preform any military operations in. In WoW, the equivalent would be to ask the Cenarion Circle to mediate and occupy the land on both sides of the river. They’ll protect it and preserve it for the good of all who rely on it. It’ll solve both problems: Create a buffer between the two nations AND foster peace an cooperation between them.

1 Like

They don’t regret the genocide part though. They only regret that they almost fell into Sylvanas trap and got themselves killed too.

They don’t need to prove anything to Anduin, literally nothing.

2 Likes

The more you post this, the more I celebrate it.

I think its really insane you still believe this specially after all the posts and links about it

You seem like the kind of person who would celebrate genocide.

1 Like

Oh no are you broken too

I think Ele has a point, despite her blatant victim complex. While I think I could agree that Ele shouldn’t be so determined to be victim, I do agree with her in the same sense that the Horde, as an institution, has yet to show any remorse for what they have done to the Kaldorei.

1 Like

Yeah lets ignore all the lines all the horde leaders have lamenting the burning

List them.

1 Like

It’s how it is. If the writers wanted the Horde to not be irredeemably evil, they would’ve had them show regret about the actual genocide and not only about Sylvanas tricking them.

The problem is that whenever something bad has to happen to a playable race, it’s the Night Elves. They somehow think that the Night Elves have to be the victim race that always loses and never wins.

1 Like

Pretty much, not to invalidate the bad things that have happened to other race, but Night Elves sure get it a lot.

The Night Elves do win… but they rarely show. It happens off screen when it happens. Which makes it feel reluctant or forced.

2 Likes

They sometimes win things back, but in BfA they only got 1 of their 3 zones back with their civilians still all dead in the maw for never ending suffering.

This wouldn’t be half as bad if the Alliance wouldn’t just forgive the Horde or if the Horde actually showed regret for what they did under Sylvanas order and started giving them their lands back, repair what they destroyed etc. but there was… nothing.

In a fictional setting in a game?

Sure.

You seem like kind of the person who unironically doesn’t understand the difference in reality and fiction.

1 Like