Horde Pc is now MORALLY GREY

Well, I mean the Goblins that the Alliance killed and then tried to retcon events that occurred afterwards to make it their own fault. Sort of the like how they kill more miners on their way to kill Gallywix and then decided they are really “helping” them.

3 Likes

Yes, by both sides. But the Alliance is the one who still claims to be clean, and that gives the most impressive gymnastics.

8 Likes

I dont think the Alliance are angels, never have, but it is still better than the Horde. More importantly, it has always tried to act not just in its best interest, but even in the interest of others and the world. Sometime even to its enemies.

1 Like

Surely you meant to say that you’re there to steal bubblegum from children and then burn them.

Which is why Rell had a mental breakdown over it. We weren’t supposed to think it was okay.

6 Likes

They are all considered done, just not by the same person (player character.) There isnt a single pc, theres thousands of us.
But there was only one commander of faction forces on dreanor, just like there only a handfull of elite troops that went into icecrown to challenge the Lich King with Tyrion.
And thousands upon thousands of pcs that died along the way and completed all the weird quests around each expansion.
Im assuming only one of us has the Heart canonically.

You know.

I’ve never been more glad to hear we’re pivoting away from the faction war at 8.2. Because I won’t lie and say I don’t enjoy Blizzard fluffing up my faction. I like it very much. But there’s another faction here and they’re getting either nothing or worse and it’s just awkward to be having a good time while your buddy is languishing.

So screw it. Bring on the naga, bring on Azshara, lets end this on a semi-high note.

21 Likes

We didn’t retcon anything, blizzard simply gave us more information in bts about what happened before we arrived on the scene

1 Like

8.2 still has faction war it’s described as alliance heroes trying to stop sylvanas’s evil plans by the devs

Yes but by all descriptions its taking a back seat. Becoming the B-plot it always should have been.

And I’ll take that. For now.

2 Likes

Dude, as a WQ devs probably think the Horde players can perfectly choose to ignore it if the content hurts their sensibilities. It´s a d!ck move by the devs, but technnically a correct premise -we players can opt to ignore the WQ exists indeed-.

This game has to be played merely by the mechanical side as Horde, if one pays even a little bit of attention to the story and the environment of the quest one won´t want to play at all (my case), period.

13 Likes

This is why I sometimes wish I would have continued maining the orc warlock instead of the Frostwolf orc shaman. I wouldn’t have to worry about quests like this.

There’s a unique mob in Brennaden for Horde players as well, a doctor who is healing wounded. If you don’t kill him you can’t get the achieve for all the unique mobs in Stormsong. Major bummer.

Now Blizzard’s upping the ante by making a world quest of equal douche levelness. Just like the doc in Stormsong, I’m not killing no pandaren healers holding up a hospital.

Yes you do have the option of not doing it and still being able to complete the event. So, Blizz, thanks for that at least.

3 Likes

What are the other incursions like?

Beating up Alliance troops, basically.

I really want to be inside Blizzard’s offices, to figure out what the hell they’re even trying to go for anymore.

29 Likes

You’re mixing and matching as you please. AU =/= MU.

That specific NPC used to be neutral. So we are not even killing Alliance medics, we are killing the equivalent of a Doctor without Borders.

Nice morally grey, Blizz.

31 Likes

That was all MU.

4 Likes

Wait, really?

It seems like Blizzard just genuinely wants a good/evil game and are frustrated that players are unhappy with that.

But we were discussing the AU?

MU had a bunch of orcs who were magically manipulated by a demon titled ‘the Deceiver.’ They did messed up stuff, but it’s well and done with.

2 Likes

Look up “Mistweaver Nian”. I would post a wowpedia link but apparently I don’t have enough good boy points.

I give it a patch before the Horde starts massacring Pandaren villages and recruiting their cubs as child soldiers so they can go full sub-saharan terrorist style.

28 Likes

Yeah I misread the exchange and realized it a few hours ago but I aint no coward what deletes their mistakes.

4 Likes