Honor system isn't defensible

And yet you’re crying about this?

You don’t have to get to rank 14.

Edit: Nice delete

O btw, how do you know I’m the minority? This thread says otherwise.

1 Like

Yea classic wow doesn’t care if you think it’s too hard or unfair. Play retail if you’re upset.

5 Likes

Because farthir refuses to accept reality or learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

1 Like

OMG this thread refuses to die!!

Let it goooo let it goooooooo

I can’t believe this thread is getting replies still. Oops, guess i’m in on the joke?

The modern game has a lot of shiny carrots to chase. Go play that. I hear you get top end loot from doing just about anything. Rope some eagles or something and get Warforged 415 gear because #casaualsmatter.

R14 is not for people who want to casually lose their way to some of the best rewards in the game.

Comparisons have been made to raiding. Should wiping over and over on a boss your guild can’t get down reward gear?

These kinds of suggestions are fundamentally offensive because they are in the vein that destroyed this game. Just go play, get what you can get and be happy Classic WoW is happening at all.

3 Likes

I hit Rank 11, casually, in Vanilla. I’m PROBABLY, with a job, family, gym training schedule, ect, going to see how close I can get to R14.

That grind is part of the reason I’m excited to play again. :]

1 Like

OMG, I played old school FFXI. It was ruining my life, doing 90 days /played in 6 months RL time. And that only got me to level 50 or so (nowhere close endgame).

I gave it up for a much more casual game that was in Beta at the time - World of Warcraft.

But in all seriousness, don’t do it. People with jobs will have a very hard time getting the AQ bug mount. R14 is right out.

As it should be.

Coming from someone with a family of 4, a job, and a business.

I’ll never reach R14. My aim is R12, which is doable in pre-mades a few hours a night. For a long time.

1 Like

9 Days Later…

1 Like

I think he got banned and took a week off. Explains the disappearance.

30 days on the forums and I JUST realized I can mute threads!

Sayonara Honor thread! :v:

Ah cool he’s back again trying to argue that it’s “bad for business” to not cater to pvp with welfare gear.

Classic isn’t about being “good for business”, the live game is. If you want that esport crap play the current game, but I’m pretty fed up with how they are letting esports even ruin dungeons.

1 Like

If u want this go back to BFA. Your opinion of the honor system matters ZERO percent

1 Like

Oh but the only thing that isn’t defensible here in your behavior, you come into someone elses home and tell them that their honor system is defensible.

I am not sure if anyone else here ever actually played the old honor system, I was in a guild that produced 5 GM’s back in the day. It wasn’t fun it wasn’t even a grind. All that was required was sitting in AV 24/7 racking up HK’s or rushing boss on alliance side.

I know the argument people will make is nobody can play 24/7 which is true. What pretty much everyone did was account share their info with their guildmates for whoevers turn it was to get GM and rack up as much honor as you could. I remember towards the end people having to get 900k-1m honor a week to get GM. The system was broken and created an environment where the only way to progress was to break the wow terms of service agreement by sharing your account info.

Now i have no idea what to do instead but it was not a good system.

Necro a post so you can spout nonsense.

No changes.

2 Likes

Nothing i said was nonsense. That is what happend, people shared their account info so their character could be logged in getting honor points 24/7. And anyone who says different is lying. Now in the beginning people at first did it the legit way running WSG with a premade, but once it was discovered account share AV 24/7 was more efficient you had no choice but to do it too cause if 1 other person was doing it you were screwed.

“Honor system isn’t defensible”

You know what, you’re probably right to be honest. However, that’s the way it WAS so that’s the way it IS. There’s not much you can say or do that will change that.

See you on the battlefield. :v:

I was a rank 13 in Vanilla and I won’t be playing Classic unless there’s I can get the best gear but I have a job now and a mortgage unlike before back in 2005. Dear Blizzard, please keep the grind as it was in classic but give all old Vanilla rabk 13 and 14s the gear for free because we already earned the right to wear it haha!!

I farmed noobs 12 hours a day with my field Marshal team for weeks to get that gear! If not! Everyone please message Druid Everlance as I was and still am the best FC to ever grace Vanilla.

By this faulty logic, shouldn’t “Scarab Lords” and players with full Naxx clears get the same?

Hard no from me.