Honor system isn't defensible

Facts:

• PvE gear have much easier access to gear than PvP does
  • PvP weapons are inferior to PvE weapons
  • PvP gear does not satisfactorily cover all slots(ie. trinkets)
  • PvE players can work for their gear at their own pace
  • R14 requires insane grind to the point of not having a social life. It’s not just a long grind that takes x amount of hours like in PvE - it requires many weeks of consecutive, non-stop PvP to achieve ranks only people who have no job and social life can do
  • Only 1 person/500 active PvP’rs can reach HWL a week, so the rank grind and thus PvP weapons are restricted from 99% of PvP’rs
  • Honor system was intended as a primary way of gearing for PvP’rs. If you can’t reach R14 by playing legitimately, then it defeats the entire purpose of the honor system.

(Edit: Corrections)

Let’s face it, Honor system isn’t defendable and justifiable in any shape or form, and needs to be changed. People with a job need to be able to reach R14, otherwise it defeats the entire point why they’re subbed in the first place.

I believe these 2 simple suggestions would fix this relatively large issue in regards to PvP gearing.

• Rank progress not dependant on other people.
  • No rank decay

This way people who grind for R14 over a long period of time will get there eventually. Don’t get me wrong, it would still be hard and take a long period of time, especially if you don’t play in a premade, but you can still do it, providing a long-term goal for PvP’rs.

What’s more is that it also gives people a motivation and a reason to be subbed. Instead of quitting when they realize they can’t reach R14, they can now keep on working R14 slowly on their own pace, without worrying about other players’ progress and impact on their progress, just like in PvE.

TL;DR: PvP gear needs to be more or less equal to PvE since both pay the same sub fee.

16 Likes

No

115 Likes

I disagree. PvP players should have equal gearing opportunities to PvE players, otherwise PvE players are just gonna beat on PvP players.

What’s the point of the Honor system if people cannot actually gear through it?

5 Likes

<--------------BFA is that way.

80 Likes

I’m not one for saying “just go play retail”, but…

This would literally be easier to gear in PvP than BfA is to gear in PvP with your proposed change.

3 Likes

I’ll disagree with both of these.

I am fairly certain that for melee specifically, rank14 weapons are BIS, one might argue that they are easier to get than the top tier of gear (Naxx) just taking more time.

13 Likes

How is that relevant to the argument im making in any way?

1. https ://classicdb.ch/?item=22798
  2. No they are not lmao. Naxx is alot easier to get. PvP is limited to 1 per week, limiting it to just 52 people of your faction per year, while PvE gear is practically unlimited.
4 Likes

Because its clear to me that’s the game you would like playing.

55 Likes

Krackillz wins the thread by way of first-round knockout. Move along, folks.

35 Likes

Farthir you can take your post vanilla changes and shove them

22 Likes

Exactly like Naxx is reserved for less than 1% of players.

It’s also insane grind. It’s time consuming and gold consuming (You don’t have repairs in PvP)

Some PvP rewards are BETTER than Naxx loots.

Both are perfectly fine, no changes needed.

14 Likes

No, PvE gear is NOT unlimited, get out of here with that.

You are correct - Naxx weapons do look to be better than R14 weapons.

However, considering the difficulty you’re automatically (in Vanilla) limiting it to 1% of the player base, and that depends on you getting A.) the item you want to drop and B.) getting the item.

You could run Naxx for 52 weeks and have Gressil or something drop 0 times, or 1 time.

This isn’t a 10 man raid where you have a 25-40% chance to get it.

4 Likes

Maybe we should get a free lvl 60 with full BiS Naxx gear AND full r14 gear just for paying $15!!! Wouldn’t that be the best idea. /s

7 Likes

Lol “people who play less NEED to be able to have the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE as the people who play more.” How does this even make sense? That’s not how WoW, or any MMORPG for that matter, works. Go play fortnite.

15 Likes

its kinda how bfa works tbh

8 Likes

Remember in vanilla when PvE and PVP were intertwined? I remember… great game by the way.

7 Likes

While I get the sentiment, this is what they did in vanilla so this is what we will get. Nolifers in any video game will always outrank and have better gear than those with jobs and actual people in their lives. It just is what it is. In retail WoW it is about the same, so I am never this guy, but that might be what you’re looking for.

Just because people pay for a sub doesn’t mean they want to do everything equally or should even have the opportunity.

If I put 10,000 hours into playing guitar (oh baby I actually have XD), I’m naturally going to be better and have more opportunity in the music field than someone who puts in 1,000. It just is what it is.

5 Likes

So farthir wants better balance.
He wants melee survival hunters.
He wants easier to obtain pvp gear.

I got the perfect solution for you.

Go play battle for azeroth. It has what you want.

17 Likes

What about “Warts and all” makes you think Blizzard has any intention of “fixing broken systems”.

3 Likes

No, thank you.

I enjoyed vanilla because it was hard. And to be the best meant putting in work. Work that is hard, and long and tedious. I don’t like participation trophies.

5 Likes