Honor system isn't defensible

No I was and still am the best!

True! It’s just annoying since I already completes the game already! And BFA is trash so I want to go back to Vanilla but I don’t know if I can do that grind again but I won’t play unless I can be the best like I was back in Vanilla… The best FC to ever grace Gorgonnash and the only feral to 1 shot players with 4k ferocious bites. LOL

tl;dr, Classic isn’t for you.

Sounds fun, gotta be honest. Tempted to try my hand at Feral this time around as well.

1 Like

Nope! I was the best! Rank 13 Everlance from Gorgonnash!! The legand!! 1 vs 8 flag caps was my speciality Haha

1 Like

So… basically the way it’s always (excluding the far too short period of time when resilience existed) been up to current? PvE gear is still better. It’s still easier to get in essence. Often times PvE trinkets are more sought after due to some insane proc, and the highest rank to unlock the best gear is unattainable to most players without paying for a carry.

Feral was a blast! And 1 shotting players with fericous bite one after the other in wsg was funny as fk because everyone thought feral was trash and no one would realese from their bodies because they had no idea what the @$# just happned to them… Keep in mind I did have full rabk 13 gear and speced into ferious bite for max damage but it was fun!! I even used to raid naxx but healed in t2 resto gear as feral LOL

If you want to PvP, you work on getting PvP gear.

If you want to PvE, you work on PvE gear.

If you want to do both, you do both and get two sets of gear - one for PvP and one for PvE.

It’s not that hard.

^

I don’t like the honor system rewards either. Many people don’t. It wasn’t a true test of ranking or skill, but merely time. You can have great Pvpers who can’t spend that time, or simply don’t want to.

In truth, it’s more of a bully thing. People form pre-mades and spam them. People who don’t have the time or effort to devote to such pre-mades effectively have no chance. People who are in the pre-mades run rampant over any group who is not in a premade.
However, at the same time, if someone truly wants to spend 12-16 hours a day grinding for rank 14, then that is their choice. They are negatively impacting their mental health (everyone get’s stressed, bored, etc doing this). and probably their overall life.

I would be all for a change in the PvP system, but it would take time and effort, and it would also stir up a counter crowd of No changes. I don’t think it will happen but it’s a noble cause.

Ugh. This was necroed again. PvP in classic was about fun for most people. Not a grind like it is in the modern game.

Absolutely not. That’s what ruined pvp in later expansions. If you want that carebear nonsense, play BFA.

It was these exact kind of comments begging for change that got wow to where it is today. If you suck or you have really little time to play, then your gear reflected that… The end

1 Like

The honor system was changed and all this was fixed in patch 2.0.1

More updates about the games current pvp system can be found on the wow wiki aswell.

In case your lost this is the classic general discussion forums

God, I was hoping Farthir was updating this to say he’s had a change of heart and now he’s 100% no changes.

Maybe next month.

So, #changes, then?

#NoChanges.

Just hang around until TBC.

Agree it’s broken. Sadly, it won’t be fixed. Everyone is going to have to PvE, and treat PvP as a side hobby. It’s one of the things that was fixed in TBC and something to look forward to.

#No changes !

If I pay for a sub and can only play for 30 minutes a day, does that mean that I also deserve to have access to max level gear?

Having almost unattainable achievements or gear in video games adds to the magic of it all. Sometimes you get stomped by a freak who has R14, just like how sometimes you get matched with a pro that plays 80 hours a week when you play PUBG.

This mindset is what led to many of the most hated changes in retail.

1 Like