Honor cost : Beta vs Live ; an increase of 35%

Is the cost of item are influenced by rep or another factor?

On the beta the items were cheaper by 10%-35%.
If you compare the total cost of beta versus live, it’s an increase of 35% overall.

on the beta the Sergeant’s heavy cloak was 9435, right now on live it’s 11794.

This is the same for every items

HONOR GEAR BETA
SLOT Honor Mark type number of mark
Helm 16065 Alterac Valley 30
Glove 10098 Alterac Valley 20
ring 11934 Alterac Valley 10
Shoulder 10098 Arathi Basin 20
Chest 16524 Arathi Basin 30
Cloak (Back) 9435 Arathi Basin 20
boots 14280 Eye of the storm 40
Shield 15300 Eye of the storm 20
1-hand weapon 15300 Eye of the storm 20
Neck 11934 Eye of the storm 10
Trinket PVP Medallion 8000 N/A N/A
Pants 16065 Warsong 30
Bracers 9435 Warsong 20
Belt 14280 Arathi Basin 40
HONOR GEAR LIVE
SLOT Honor Mark type number of mark Comment
Helm 20081 Alterac Valley 30
Glove 12622 Alterac Valley 20
ring 15300 Alterac Valley 10
Shoulder 12622 Arathi Basin 20
Chest 20655 Arathi Basin 30
Cloak (Back) 11794 Arathi Basin 20
boots 17850 Eye of the storm 40
Shield 19125 Eye of the storm 20
1-hand weapon 19125 Eye of the storm 20
Neck 15300 Eye of the storm 10
Trinket PVP Medallion 8000 N/A N/A Same as Beta
Pants 20655 Warsong 30
Bracers 11794 Warsong 20
Belt 17850 Arathi Basin 40
13 Likes

Definitely worth investigating, blizz has already had issues with the items they put on the vendor so it wouldn’t be out of the question to say hey are the prices correct?

3 Likes
HONOR GEAR BETA
SLOT Honor Mark type number of mark
Helm 16065 Alterac Valley 30
Glove 10098 Alterac Valley 20
ring 11934 Alterac Valley 10
Shoulder 10098 Arathi Basin 20
Chest 16524 Arathi Basin 30
Cloak (Back) 9435 Arathi Basin 20
boots 14280 Eye of the storm 40
Shield 15300 Eye of the storm 20
1-hand weapon 15300 Eye of the storm 20
Neck 11934 Eye of the storm 10
Trinket PVP Medallion 8000 N/A N/A
Pants 16065 Warsong 30
Bracers 9435 Warsong 20
Belt 14280 Arathi Basin 40
HONOR GEAR LIVE
SLOT Honor Mark type number of mark Comment
Helm 20081 Alterac Valley 30
Glove 12622 Alterac Valley 20
ring 15300 Alterac Valley 10
Shoulder 12622 Arathi Basin 20
Chest 20655 Arathi Basin 30
Cloak (Back) 11794 Arathi Basin 20
boots 17850 Eye of the storm 40
Shield 19125 Eye of the storm 20
1-hand weapon 19125 Eye of the storm 20
Neck 15300 Eye of the storm 10
Trinket PVP Medallion 8000 N/A N/A Same as Beta
Pants 20655 Warsong 30
Bracers 11794 Warsong 20
Belt 17850 Arathi Basin 40

TOTAL COST OF BETA = 164468
TOTAL COST ON LIVE = 222773

4 Likes

Is there anywhere we can get values from actual TBC?

1 Like

I don’t know if Wowhead has this info somewhere stashed on their servers.

However, considering the state of how atrocious the Honor grinding is, increasing the cost of all items by almost 35% all across to board is disgusting.

Making it like that does not motivate me to grind, it just tell me I want to do something else.

Have you noticed how Vanilla classic was smooth and how TBC is a rocky road? It’s almost like they want to sabotage the game and discourage everyone.

2 Likes

I agree the honor grind is intense and not really rewarding… but I’d be lying if I told you I thought the classic vanilla launch was anything but completely horrible… blizz launched with what? 6 servers and let people pre create characters… they managed things as they happened and weren’t prepared for anything which resulted in dead servers… they literally were saying, “we want to avoid dead servers so we will open them up as needed”. Which totally works when you have every player playing as an individual and not in a group or a guild… and when you don’t have ques in excess of 15 thousand.

They then turned around and tried to band aid, which just resulted in there being more dead servers. I wanted progressive patching as well so I was never going to be truly happy with tbc or classic vanilla.

1 Like

The discrepancy you see in pricing is because the Beta is in Arena Season 2. To test end of season rewards at one point, they ended s1 and thus the costs of those honor pieces received what I believe is a 15% discount.

So safe to assume the price of the arena season 1 gear in season 2 will match what we are seeing on live currently?

If that discount increases on the previous seasons at the end of each season it might help explain why people remember farming far more of the blue set, perhaps they were playing in S3 and farmed the blue set for cheaper?

Looks like the beta prices were using the Black Temple (2.1) patch price adjustment. Here’s a comment from the Hunter helmet on wowhead:

Looks like they could be patch progressing the honor prices.

I stated this the day they “fixed” the honor rewards in pre-patch.

In REAL TBC, it took 8-10 hours to grind the honor for a piece of “welfare pvp” gear, that is with way longer queue times because of server populations.

It always took longer to get the marks than the required honor points. ALWAYS.

I’ve been pvping now for 12-15 hours with instant queues and still need 40% more honor just to buy a fricking bracer! The cheapest pice of gear.

This is a reduculous screw job from blizzard, who realized that jobless kids today play 20 hours + a day, and they need to stretch the content as long as possible.

On top of this, we have daily quests, and badges system that wasn’t impimented until wrath… Well where’s my pvp vendor for badges?

What’s that? I can buy 2 years of in game experience for 49.99?

What? I can buy a mount?

Where did my free character slot go for a shaman? Was I suppose to EXPECT TBC when vanilla classic was launched that I should have saved a character slot?

Is that an option that will be available for sale in the future? hmm?

Just get the token out already so kids can spend their stimmy checks on arena carries.

TBC is now just retail with a different skin and talent points, and quite honestly the greed disgusts me.

It’s only been 15 years, we remember what was in TBC, and this aint TBC.

I am callin it here, servers dead in 2 months tops.

6 Likes

This isn’t true. You can go look through archived forum posts or comments on wowhead and they’re virtually always like this:

There’s a reason you can turn in marks for honor but not honor for marks. Stop gaslighting people.

Wowhead comments from 2007. The facts upset you, I realize this but I’m not going to stop.

I can post links because I abide by the forum CoC and I don’t propagate misinformation.

Seriously guys I just pointed something I taught it was odd and was seeking for an explanation. There’s no need to derail the whole thing and getting ballistic…

That is correct, except it’s a 20% reduction from Season 1 to Season 2, and then another 20% from Season 2 to Season 3.

An example:
Sergeant’s Cloak Season 1 cost: 11794 Honor (+20 AB Marks)
Sergeant’s Cloak Season 2 cost: 9435 Honor (+20 AB Marks)
Sergeant’s Cloak Season 3 cost: 7548 Honor (+20 AB Marks)

That is certainly the case for me and my memories. I didn’t personally spend any Honor in original TBC until at least patch 2.3, because my raid gear was fulsome for my PvP purposes the first year of TBC.

13 Likes

There you have it folks. Honor is accurate.

Thanks for the clarification Kaivax. Thanks for all the work you and the rest of Blizzard have put into TBC classic.

9 Likes

Well me and many others will quit.

3 Likes

Quit over what?

2 Likes

Hey according to Kalivax we all get 40% discounts! You’ll only have to grind 30 hours now per peice of outdated gear instead of 40!

3 Likes

The concept of having tons of AV marks was from the fact that people farmed AV for honor and farmed the other bgs to meet the mark requirements. That’s why AV marks in particular was a “you’ll have tons” type of comment people would have back then.

Originally when HK farming as the meta, the amount of AV you did back then determined the honor/marks ratio.

When ranks got normalized for honor and a diminishing returns were both added to nerf HK farming, it no longer became the meta. In fact, this time was possibly the WORST time for honor that ever existed in WoW history.

In 2.4 Blizzard had to fix this glaring problem. They did two things.

1. They removed the diminishing returns on honor from kills. This didn’t make HKs into the meta again but it still allowed honor kills to consistently mean something in PvP.
  2. They added the Concerted Efforts NPC since mark gain was DRASTICALLY exceeding the honor gain to purchase the items. In 2.3 there was a time where people just burned marks on consumables or destroyed the marks in huge numbers.
1 Like

Back then, horde didnt have these absurd que times.

1 Like