Honor cost : Beta vs Live ; an increase of 35%

Back then, people didn’t mindlessly bandwagon a faction for racials and server disparity abuse.

8 Likes

This was basically how it was.
There was 1k glads in season 1
3k glads in season 2
5k glads in season 3 and 4

The lv70 PvP gear early on was not worth the effort for PvP even. I would even go as far to say the level 60 PvP gear was more meaningful in hindsight. But in season 2 and more notably season 3 the gear gap started to mean something. After you spend honor on purple offset pieces, you stockpile till season 2. Save arena points for season 2 also.

1 Like

This is what I’ve come to. Season 1 is an absolute wash.

2 Likes

Thank you for the post!

Sounds like we should just jump to that now.

2 Likes

please tell me you guys are discussing buffing honor rates or something

please

7 Likes

A terrible mistake in design choice. Using your honor now is a big mistake. Save it until later. Especially considering how terrible it is to farm honor right now for a casual player. Spending honor now would be a big big mistake.

1 Like

Gloves and medallion folks, all you need

While you are here… Merge Skerum / Incendious

2 Likes

Bye? I’m sorry tbc is tbc man

2 Likes

Yeah, well that’s TBC. The old game wasn’t designed with 2021 in mind.

2 Likes

Please address whether the team is looking at the current problem with farming the honor gear from Battlegrounds. It is currently taking over 300 hours of estimated played time for people just to farm this entry level set of half blue gear with it costing over 180,000 total honor (over 200k if also getting a weapon) with people averaging only 300-500 honor an hour and even worse depending on queue times and winrate.

2 Likes

This will be lost in the sea of tears but I think blizz is doing a great job right now not caving in to crybabies. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Let them go. Getting sick of the crying at every turn.

4 Likes

Kaivax’s response isn’t misleading, but I feel like people are going to interpret this wrong. The older gear from past seasons drops in price as the seasons progress, but a NEW set of offset pieces comes out every season for neck/cape/wrist/belt/boots/rings and those stay at the same high price that currently exists. Once you hit season 3, the season 1 gladiator set replaces the current blue set as the catch up gear, and stays at the current prices that exist. Hell, it even gets worse to be honest because Battlemaster trinkets come out and they cost 35,000 honor a pop which at current honor rates would take a player anywhere between 60-100 hours of farming depending on winrate and queue time just for that one item.

Nobody in season 3 was farming the blue set to prepare for entry into PvP. They were farming the season 1 Gladiator gear which was changed to honor currency from arena points to serve as the catch up/starter gear.

I sincerely hope the team internally is discussing the current honor rates at length to come up with a solution, as this current situation is just so bad. A starter set of PvP gear that prepares a player to compete in Arena shouldn’t take 10x the amount of time investment to farm as a PvE players starter set to perform in a Raid.

1 Like

Could you also confirm that the honor from kills in level 70 vs 70 PvP combat was normalized to 20.9 from the very beginning of original TBC? No matter how many screenshots I link from youtube videos uploaded during season 1 or 2 of original TBC, I can’t seem to stop people from misleading others into believing that original Vanilla ranks would increase honor gain from kills.

Which was when the original TBC pre-patch released. As I’ve said before, the one video you’ve linked showing rank contributing to honor was likely a display issue, or a bug affecting a small number of players. The fact of the matter is this:

1 Like

Kaivax:

Has the team considered that removing the flag cap honor from EOTS (true to expected end of TBC behavior) is a bit rough considering we’re stuck farming the increased honor with decreased means of obtaining said honor?

Thank you.

Increase the honor gains to what they were in prepatch with the 2x buff at a miniumum, realistically 4x would make the pvp gear reasonably obtainable without having to spend 4 months to obtain the basic gear. Full pvp set is over 200k honor and honor per hour is less than 500 for the majority of players, 400 hours of straight bgs is insanity. Fix the game. Thank You

2 Likes

I think the memory we remember is farming s1/s2 gear, by the time it was available for honor it was 40% cheaper then now

Maybe push that discount to live now? I’ve got two friends who are going to quit in a week or so if it’s not changed. They only came back to play arena, and it’s just not going to happen with that honor grind

1 Like

much like vanilla, people’s memories of early tbc is slim and they remember late stage TBC with cheaper pvp gear

1 Like