Honor calculations

I’m very curious about the effects of adding all the missing honor back into the system…

Will some players be bumped down in rank?
Will this blowout some of the brackets?
Will this problem cause a delay in WSG and AV release?

So the damn near 1000 HK’s I had showing up as 52 will show up correctly when rankings are calculated or not? Because, well, that really effing matters.

1 Like

Yeah basically.

The servers are being ravaged by relentless PVP and faction balance is becoming more polarized

But the ironic thing, is nobody is actually getting the honor they’re literally destroying the game for

It’s pretty much logistically impossible to do that.

If they just add the proper RP back, people will basically just see it as a free RP boost and Blizzard ezmoding ranking. Hardcore PVPers will rage. The people in old brackets may be bumped down in previous weeks, so to them they’ll just see their rank drop. Again, everyone will rage. Rank purchases would have to be deleted or allowed to stay, which introduces a whole new dimension of outrage.

There really is no possible way to fix this retroactively. That’s why every single second they wait is too long

Imagine trying to convince a bracket 14 player that they were actually bracket 13 a week ago. “Oh yeah actually this other guy got more honor than you we just miscalculated.”

Yeah right. Good luck with that.

2 Likes

I can feel the desperation in players’ voices. Hoping, and hypothesizing.

And Blizzard saying nothing. That alone makes me disgusted.

We joke around, but for some people this game isn’t funny. This is serious. People paying real money for the pleasure of spending every waking moment grinding the most cancer honor farm possible for WEEKS.

Hours of work. Days. Gone.

People will be pissed off no doubt. But the problem isn’t all that large. It was the 3 AM to 8 AM problem that went on for a couple weeks - effects the night owls only and most of us just took those hours off when we saw the problem. The expansion of the problem occurred on Tuesday when the changed the time the rollover job ran. That can be fully corrected this week before the rankings are tallied.

Basically ‘shrug’ its a very cheap game sub. A very cheap way to spend time. If you expect perfection for 15 bucks a month you are being very unrealistic.

Lucky for you I guess not most people would find 15$ to be able to play a game to be cheap.

insane in my mind how that perspective is the norm…

I got to master seargant in the second week and I could literally give 2 * if I’m missing honor. You guys get butthurt over the smallest stupidest things. No matter what you’ll complain

1 Like

I’m with you. I had 986 HK’s before I went to bed last night, and woke up to 189 showing up.

Bro what the bleep…?

Some people have only a small or certain time frame to play this game to begin with…so they should not give a sh*t because you got “Seargant” the second week?

Imagine if you did not get that rank because your kills were not recorded during your chance to play.

Exactly. A year of wow is basically $144, that’s with a bulk discount. Also not counting expansion costs

Also not counting this game is 15 years old.

If you can find another 15 year old game, or hell, even a modern game, that would cost you almost $150 to play for a year I will shut up right now

I think you were looking for the General discussion forum.

This is the Bug Report forum where we live in reality

Yeah, this is one giant mess and because of the way the system works I just don’t see how they can actually right this wrong. No matter what happens, a chunk of the player base will get screwed over.

What makes you say that?

after the honor resets on tuesday. I would think it would wipe the cache from the previous week after calculations. No way to give honor retroactively…

My local time is UTC time, and I still had this happen. Kills done in the evening disappeared the next day - but returned the next week as “last week”.

He means UTC vs local time on the server. When you deal with time zones you gotta be an Einstein lol

Yes there are about 20 ways you can query for a time from the system. If you aren’t very careful and savy, you will get a time but it won’t be what you thought you were going to get. Say you are comparing date/time of kill to current date/time - if you don’t understand how the data is stored and you don’t have the query down pat, you might get unexpected results and not even know it.

It’s a bonehead mistake, but it’s one inexperienced developers are bound to make.

So what is it we can expect for this fix today? After the recent boot from our servers that happened or day or two ago the honor has been correctly adding into yesterday and weekly for the days after that reset. I’m more curious about all the honor lost in the days prior to that for this week. Will that honor get correctly added in at some point when it calculates or is that considered gone?

1 Like

So what do you think? is this fix happening or not?