Honestly, Blizzard did ok with BfA

They went backwards from Legion and then fought their customers over it. People may have forgotten the start of BfA because it was nearly 2 years ago now, but it was horrible.

We had Josh Allen chimping out on us, telling us we were giving bad feedback, and threatening that things would get worse if we didn’t play how they wanted us to.

Or Ion coming out and saying “yeah you guys are wrong - this will be great in the Grand Scheme and here’s why.”

5 Likes

I liked Cata much more than BFA I only played first year of WoD so I can’t say it’s better(I was busy at th time) but first year definitely better than BFA. Problem with those expansion was term between last raid tier and next expansion was way too long. Other than that I was always excited to log on to wow because it was fun.
Now I played most of BFA (all the mystic raid finished, but no pvp I don’t do pvp because I suck at it), and half of time I hated myself for login to wow because I was log in to do my chores. I hate chores I shouldn’t be doing on video games.

I do remember the dungeons in early cata. If you did them as a guild then you’d probably be fine but with pugs they were pretty rough. In the dungeon finder most of the time deadmines popped the tank would just leave.

However after all these years I do appreciate the harder fights with plenty of one shot mechanics.

So did I

10 char

I like BFA. I play it almost every day. It’s fun.

1 Like

I have yet to meet a person who have said they want either. :thinking:

1 Like

Blizzard did horrible with BFA other than the fantastic art.

I’d still rather play wod. I enjoyed my classes and pvp was still fun.

3 Likes

Classes were about the same, tbh. WOD pruned A LOT of abilities.

GCD wasn’t onerous? I mean, it feels about the same. Comes down to caster vs melee playstyles more than GCD.

Scaling everything opened up the game in more ways than I think you give credit… especially leveling. If you think killing quest mobs in a single auto-attack is fun, then sure… this change wasn’t good.

WOD had a “borrowed power” system in the force of the legendary ring.

WOD was a mobile game simulator to me. Not my favorite iteration of an MMO.

The ring is a big old nothing burger compared to the BFA systems.
Neck, AzeriteX3, Essences and Corruption all at once, our entire character is running on borrowed power.
The ring was basically like a 3rd trinket at best in WoD.

Gutted the RPG feel of the game, imo.
When everything grows with you it’s hard to feel a sense of progression in a game all about progression.

4 Likes

Nothing new, same WoD formula, designed based on pathfinder, same design process of designing for final patch then breaking everthing before release to make it look like they’re maintaining the game when in fact they’re just slowly returning/changing back to the intended play level by the final patch.

1 Like

Yeah, and the surgeon did “okay” on my aunt, but my aunt still died.

Yep, they did okay. I was subbed the entire time throughout BfA, as were a lot of my guild mates. To put it in perspective, I was only subbed for 1/3 of Legion.

The raids had some fun to them and PvP also okay, but I still could use WoD’s style of PvP Vendors–which were fantastic, as they let us gear our alts up via PvP.

For Shadowlands, I’d prefer if there is no Artifact Neck/Weapon/etc system to grind for.

I didn’t do the grind. I also never got my legendary cloak in MoP. The main content I’m interested in is the old PvP system. The main way I’ve played WoW since WotLK is by leveling characters and gearing them through PvP. WoD was the better expansion for me because it still had that system. That said, despite Legion lacking that system, it was still better, I just didn’t play it as much.

Great observation. Part of it is that they added rental abilities (per-xpack) and a boatload of procs. Then, when they realized that the 1000s of procs were overtaxing the servers they hit everything with the GCD.

Great friggen observation.

1 Like

No. I had more fun playing my characters in WoD than I do in BFA. Shrug

2 Likes

WORLDS of difference between that ring and everything they stuffed into the rotten Azerite crap.

3 Likes

Legion had a lot of the same things that are problematic of BFA; its just people casually forget this because the story wasnt complete garbage and had good set pieces.

Unless you casually want to claim that Legion did no wrong.

Can’t stand him. This is his go to…it’s always the players fault, no one else.

Absolutely not worth a comment.

Same.

This is the first xpac that I have let my sub run out not once or twice, but coming up on 4x now. /shrug

Does BFA have more content? Sure…it’s empty content, but it’s content.

BFA has some of the most beautiful art, however, that I’ve seen…although 2 back to back fel filled xpacs prior to BFA, could have something to do with my opinion, but only slightly. The art team is always amazing to me.

:sparkles:

4 Likes