High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

That’s an opinion, yes. Very good. Good job.

5 Likes

It was never a good story. It was Blizz’s way of pandering to a shallow request for Horde to have something “pretty”, disguised as some sad attempt at “breaking the mold”. They do this repeatedly. Players note it often. I think they only do even remotely well with stories that are more traditional in theme. At least sometimes they make game play and aesthetics that make up for it though, and a game that appeals to different styles of play. Story just doesn’t seem to be their strong suit.

7 Likes

But Wrath of the Lich king storeh <3

But I don’t think story is actually not there strongest point when trying something different. Honestly, I do find the Blood Elven story a bit interesting, but also, entirely confusing as well (mainly the parts from the Third War to when they join the Horde), considering there is huge gaps.

Kaelthas going insane wasnt necessary for them to join the horde.

1 Like

Hmm, what links would the Blood Elves have to the horde. I mean, it’s not like their Ranger General who fell in battle trying to defend Silvermoon from Arthas was a leader in it who was reaching out to them…

1 Like

That’s my favorite character ever you’re mentioning, and I agree I like my Blood Elves on Horde they fit personality and culture wise.

And I still want Alliance High Elves for the same reason especially knowing how much I love Blood Elves and I tend to feel off playing Alliance so I can only imagine what it would be mean to people who prefer Alliance to finally get their desired and loved Alliance High Elves on the faction they feel comfortable on.

7 Likes

And, imo that’s all that needs to be said. :hugs: :heart:

1 Like

I’m just pushing back against the idea that blood elves were a total ahem butt-pull that was nonsensical that some people are pushing.

4 Likes

Oh god, not more Sylvanas loyalist.

2 Likes

I think Blood Elves belong on Horde.

I differentiate the desire for Alliance High Elves though it’s a separate issue I think for most people who ask for the High Elves I think. Blood Elf personality and culture doesn’t really fit into Alliance the way the Alliance High Elves do.

6 Likes

Seriously…it’s telling that any helfers even need to bring up that old wives tale that Blood/High Elves should have never gone to the Horde, it just exposes the grudge that’s been held for so many years. :joy_cat:

idk. a human led the undead army that nearly wiped them out, and then the high elves that survived tried to work with the alliance ended up getting persecuted and sentenced to death. leading to the high elf prince escaping to outland where he would be corrupted by kiljaeden. its bizarre they didnt return to the alliance and aligned with the horde through sylvanas

It should be a separate discussion it really doesn’t belong in this topic, imo. But it always comes up because the reality is there are people who still resent the fact that the Alliance didn’t get Blood/High elves years ago.

Wasn’t pushing back against you, that’s a perfectly fine opinion, I disagree with it, but that’s all.

I was just reacting to some people above who talk about the introduction of the blood elves to the horde as if it was all just magically handwaved into existence. I like the way they provide a nice contrast to the standard fantasy style, and I think they did a good job in setting it up…

3 Likes

One of the reasons he stayed in Dalaran for so long.

The Blood Elves owe their lives to her massive potential.

4 Likes

metzen did a great job with night elves and high elves going leading into WoW

we just have a tiny minority here who refuse to accept that as far as alliance high elves go, there are so few of them left their overall value is negligible. and they are already playable as blood elves

You speak for youself, GOBLIN
#WantsOldHordeBack
#HatesElfs
#NotThinkMuchOfGoblinsEither

5 Likes

I didn’t take it that way :slight_smile: I was more or less agreeing while also trying to state where I stand on the issue.

I think the Blood Elves would lose some of the flair that I like them for had they not been Horde, they compliment the theme of EK Horde nicely which is arguably a bit different then Kalimdor Horde just my two cents though from questing and the constant theme of a more pragmatic Horde, or noble Horde but any races can personify any of the two themes I just think the two continents personify it nicely as well. Where as Alliance have an overreaching theme of conforming I think, Alleria’s dialogue to Anduin is very submissive “High King I still remember when our people served together blabla”… Even the Night Elves sort of conformed oddly.

I think as time has gone by the Night Elves have become more Alliance. And the same goes with Blood Elves with the Horde, and I don’t see the Highborne descended Elves on the same side of Night Elves, thats just me I know some Highborne reintegrated into Night Elf society… but the Blood Elves and now Nightborne have their own societies that I just think wouldn’t be on the same side of things as them. And I think arguing Blood Elves shouldn’t have gone Horde is as pointless as anyone who would have wanted Night Elves as a better fit on Horde instead of Alliance.

I love the appeal of High Elves though, and it does imo contrast all the appeal of the Blood Elves. But the way Alleria speaks when she addresses Anduin, and that pride she feels in Alliance is a very Alliance High Elf characteristic, that imo is what so many pros like about High Elves because they have the same sentiments. I think Blood Elves being argued onto Alliance is a bit backwards in terms of why someone would love High Elves though, but I respect the opinion I just also disagree with it.

2 Likes

I’ll speak for the most played race on the Horde, Blood Elf players. :heart_eyes_cat:
Oh…and go play Classic.

1 Like

I’m still salty that instead of the cool hardened demon fighting Blood Elves we got the ones moping and squatting in their own ruins that where retconned in.

Lead by Lortha-who.