High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Imagine calling “reciting what actually happened” as “personal bias”.

It’s easy for some people to blindly label someone incorrectly if it means painting that person in a negative light.

6 Likes

The issue with Midare’s posts isn’t that they’re lacking for factuality, but rather that they’re almost all just an excuse for bashing High Elves (often, as was the case above, she just piggybacks off of sentiments expressed by others so that she can maintain plausible deniability as to having asserted anything).

I didn’t mention playable High Elves at all. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You are in a thread about playable High Elves (Which by the way is done, they are playable.)

If you’ve supposedly been here for all these years then you’d know what stance Midare takes and it’s never been an attempt at being a neutral observer.

Basically you just wanted an excuse to insult Midare because she dared to disagree with you.

1 Like

I knew what you were getting at before you explicitly said it given we’re in a HE thread, and you went on to confirm it in the paragraph before you point out previously you never explicitly said the words “High Elf” but does it matter at that point because what you did say was -

I mentioned one example which proves that isn’t true, she’s never claimed neutrality on the HE subject.

Very true.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful, and doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t mention playable High Elves at all as it relates to an issue Midare takes a neutral stance on.

What I stated was that Midare presents herself as being neutral (see. objective) throughout most discussions, not that her position on playable High Elves is neutral.

Before you attempt to paint yourself as omnipotent, next time, you might consider actually reading what was (and, more specifically, wasn’t) written.

1 Like

So you gave an overall assessment on someone’s posting.

But I can’t give an example that quite clearly shows how your assessment rings false?

2 Likes

But the current topic in which you bothered to label Midare incorrectly is about High Elves. I suggest paying attention to where you are before lecturing others.

So you’re stalking her on the forums?

4 Likes

You’re entitled to believe whatever it is you choose to. :man_shrugging:

You’re surely free to try. :man_shrugging:

Am I not allowed to talk about the weather in Florida, from within a library in Texas? :laughing:

2 Likes

The topic in question was about High Elven History which is where you chimed in and called the retelling of factual events, personal bias and then it devolved into you insulting Midare.

So when you call her an attempted neutral observer, you are calling her stance on High Elves an attempt at being neutral when she’s been anything but neutral about it.

All I know is the very thread which topic this is about proves your claim that Midare disingenuously claims neutrality in topics is false because exhibit A is the very topic of which this thread is about.

The first thing I responded to was Murg’s assertion that the reason why many/most of the High Elves refused to aid in the reclamation of Quel’thalas was because they were, and I quote, “race traitors” that were “choosing instead to hide out in Dalaran, Stormwind, or [Quel’Danil]”.

To which Midare responded with, and I’ll quote again, “It’s exactly what happened though.”

Naturally, she’ll attempt to argue that her comment was solely and exclusively referring to those aspects of Murg’s posts which were objectively accurate – but if she is able to recognize that some things in his post were objectively true, while others were objectively false, it casts even more doubt onto her motivation(s) for posting.

1 Like

Ok? That’s what I said happened. That topic is about Playable High Elves, so if we know that the topic was about Playable High Elves and add in what you said about Midare’s stance.

Then we can conclude that you did indeed try to say Midare had a neutral stance about Playable High Elves and that you are incorrect.

Glad we got that settled.

3 Likes

That isn’t how contextualization works – if I sing Kanye West’s “Gold Digger” in church, that doesn’t make it a hymn.

1 Like

Yes it does.

Mmhmm, I’m thinking I’ll just go back to ignoring most of your nonsense.

The last year or so of just sliding right by your drivel was blissful.:+1:

1 Like

I’ve never even interacted with you before, so that tells me you’re new to the forums.

In that case you were lying about being here for years.

2 Likes

I’ve been here for quite a while, but look at you, calling someone a liar after just pitching a fit about mischaracterizing people.

This is for you: :star:

1 Like

I don’t want a gold star from someone who took joy from Australia burning.

3 Likes

Well, you got one anyhow. :man_shrugging:

Now, back to discussing High Elves with positivity.

1 Like

Merry Christmas High Elf fans! I am sure most are busy, but this is to those who are maybe lurking or for later.

Heres hoping Santa slips some good work on playable High Elf options in our stockings soon.

3 Likes