High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

It’s exactly what happened though. Kael’thas was at Dalaran, other High Elves knew he was going back to Quel’thalas, and they refused to return when their kingdom needed them.

What it’s truly biased it’s not accepting something that is canon :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Please. Put the same thing in your own words. I’m curious to see how you view this.

3 Likes

High elves being cowards is just as much headcanon as them being heroic. There honestly just isn’t enough focus on them to know one way or the other.

2 Likes

You’re going to have to explain precisely how you’ve come to the conclusion that any individual who opted not to adjoin themselves to the reclamation effort did so out of either cowardice or malice – which is the specific bias I was referring to.

“All High Elves are cowards and harbor malicious intent for Quel’thalas”, isn’t canon. :man_shrugging:

"In the case of the Blood Elves, yes, it’s exclusively a name.

The demonym was proposed by their then leader, Kael’thas Sunstrider, to function as an honorific for all of their fallen kin – many/most of the Thalassians, having either lived through the Invasion of Quel’thalas or having elected to directly participate in the reclamation efforts, were more than happy to adopt the new moniker.

A minority of Thalassians rejected this new moniker, some citing general disagreements with the decisions of the government while others were simply divested from Quel’thalas completely by this point (i.e. many of those living in Dalaran, or Stormwind, or Quel’Danil)."

There isn’t anything canon which even remotely implies that the High Elves behavior(s) were motivated by cowardice or malice, as a collective.

1 Like

They didn’t return, we don’t know if it was due to cowardice, being salty over the kingdom leaving the Alliance or because they just didn’t feel like it. I’m not arguing motives, I’m pointing out what happened.

1 Like

Don’t twist what I said, it’s not a good look.

1 Like

Murg called them race traitors and described them as hiding, and you backed him up on that.

2 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves…I mean how is he “wrong”

They are not distinct groups, quel’dorei just became the sin’dorei.

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t disagree with that label, never made it a secret.

However, that it’s an opinion.

What matters is that they didn’t return.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely your right to hide behind a clinical, textbook interpretation of your commentary, but let’s not pretend as if the implication of your words wasn’t exactly as I outlined – been here for years, your modus operandi has always been the same. :man_shrugging:

Read above.

That’s fine. Just don’t pretend it isn’t bias.

1 Like

Everyone has those.

Yes, but not everyone pretends their biases are canon. :man_shrugging:

The only thing Midare claimed was canon was that the high elves didn’t return to Quel’thalas. This is true.

2 Likes

Alliance have Void Elves, Horde have Blood Elves, and both have High Elf customization

Can we please stop begging for yet another full race that looks exactly the same as two existing ones, and use that effort to develop a new race instead?

2 Likes

Which is ironic, since that’s what Void Elves already are. Reskins of the original High Elves, now Blood Elves.

This

1 Like

What does being here for years have to do with anything? Is it supposed to be some sort of background information on your commentary of Midare’s post?

2 Likes

It has quite a bit to do with everything.

Midare has years of posting history, wherein she attempts to present herself as a neutral observer – despite virtually all of her posts being peppered by biases, or contextually supportive of the biases of others.

2 Likes

I feel like this is just you claiming this so that the unknown passerby in the thread has doubt cast on what Midare says which is in my experience usually correct.

Also literally when has Midare claimed to be neutral on playable High Elves? Midare has always been clear on her stances lol.

3 Likes