High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Some might but it would make sense for actual organizations to join a small group of scholars on a rock.

The one example that might is Allerias Armie from Outland but we don’t know their status.

Silver Covenant are more under Vereesa and Highvale are kinda off doing their own thing.

We can see a few from Stormwind already as they appear to be more a collection of individuals rather than an actual group.

It would make far more sense for the Void Elves to join or merge with a larger group then it would for a larger group to go join the Void Elves.

1 Like

Which wont happen since the void elves are a playble group.

Fair enough.

I counter with; why would they join anyone? The Void Elves have spent two years-ish standing on their own and made big plays during the war putting them in a favorable light with the Alliance. They’ve got new recruits coming in and with customization we can (kinda) say they’re able to follow Alleria’s path.

Aside from maybe needing buildings there they also have a nearly unassailable home.

They’re in a strong place. And it’s not like the SC needs them either.

That makes more sense to me.

IMO the name of the player race should just be renamed to High Elf. There can be a story or even just some flavor text somewhere mentioning the Void Elves joining the Silver Covenant. Maybe that they’re further uniting different Thalassian Elves in Alliance territory to become some kind of political entity.

I don’t think it’s even this tbh. They just haven’t told the story yet. Probably a majority of the time we’ve had High Elves present it has been through the Silver Covenant. If there’s story coming with the new customization options it could show or at least just mention the various Alliance High Elf groups rally under the Silver Covenant banner.

There’s always a chance that Blizzard might revist old zones in Azeroth that Blizzard has abandoned like Northern Lordaeron near Stratholme and Quel’thalas.

I wonder if a lost abandoned Human/High Elf lands might be a good place for the Void Elves to make their new kingdom at?

I really can’t wait for a comment from Blizzard officiating that the wayfarers we see in the rift are joining the VEs. The customization and the lore I’m very happy.

My mage has always been a BE is now a VE and waits for the customization to go with it he is going to be HE wayfarer who joined up with Alleria!

Not sure about my priest, I still working on him I think just a former BE I like for him! Both will use the new customizations though :blue_heart:

1 Like

How would that change anything?

It literally happened with Dwarves with the Council of Three Hammers.

Resources, Support, and the ability to both apply their talents on a larger scale and increase their effective numbers.

Plus it adds all the naratives together in an organic way expanding both groups story going forward.

And if the reverse happened they would just have a bunch of people joining them in their floating rock base.

Completely unnecessary.

Even if they joined a larger group they could just say the ones we are playing are the ones who either are the first Void Elves or the ones who picked up Void Stuff.

1 Like

Just stick to the Hinterlands.

As controversial as this opinion is, i agree.

Void Elves we’re a shoe-horned mistake to begin with, only made worse by their 2 year stagnation and their dis-involvement in a story that perfectly fit their theme, which is something you’d think they’d want to do on a race they created out of thin air, give them something.

High Elves have a history on the Alliance in World of Warcraft, they don’t need anymore expansion, we’re already aware of them, and they’re the more popular of the two Alliance aligned elves, it just makes sense.

It doesn’t mean that Void Elves would become extinct, it means that they would become part of a bigger group, and a group that they should have been, from the beginning.

2 Likes

The SC is a military branch of Dalaran that has allegiance to the Alliance. Makes sense that the majority of our interactions were with them.

But we don’t have any reason, right now, to think that the Void Elves are so far working with them.

But my point was more, why would they need to join up with the SC? Work with sure, but they’re not hurting.

The Void Elves have a home, recruits, and are allied directly with the Alliance, not through a neutral party.

I think the two groups stand on fairly equal footing.

Will that Highborne Tree in the Hinterlands be a good place for them.

I thought that is where the Lodge was or w/e.

That is because the dwarves maintain independence of each other group wise even if they are a part of the same group.
The void elves won’t go and join the silver covenant because

1. It makes no sense given they have a base in telogrus rift.
  2. The silver covenant aren’t void elves so they need to join from a gameplay perspective.
  3. Blizzard has a thing where every individual race has its own individual group of which it is a part…

You dont have blood elves being say, in the gilnean kingdom and the like.

I’m in favor of it because it opens up the options for other classes. Personally I don’t see myself making one as a Paladin (assuming they had one) but I know there’s a lot of people who want that option. I don’t see them giving that option if they’re stuck under the name “Void Elf” which may be even more awkward considering the High Elf aesthetics are undoubtedly going to be the more popular look.

Yeah they’re already there. All you really need is some brief mention that the High Elves and Void Elves are operating together under the same banner. The Void Elves would be the subgroup of the Alliance Thalassians. Or even their Special Forces if you wanna call them that.

Imo that’s how it should have been from the beginning. Argus should have had Vereesa and Arator leading their band of High Elves to Argus and they meet up with Alleria and her Void Elves who joined her in using the Void. They could have been her loyal soldiers who survived the destruction of Draenor during Beyond the Dark Portal. They could have survived and escaped with Turalyon/Alleria and been fighting with them in the Nether all these years. The Rep faction could have been more appropriate and once you unlocked it you got the proper High Elf allied race with the Void customization options as well.

I don’t find it hard to believe though. Both of their leaders are sisters and they’re both part of the Alliance.

Aye. I don’t think its too out there. Just nothing right now.

I’m personally against just changing the races name to High Elves. The Void elves are more than worthy to stand on their own.

I still want paladins… but the void kind… with either glyphs or just different spell cast looks. >.>

Definitely not holding my breath.

I think Void Elves would be boss with their own Voidy knight thing.

1 Like

Disc Priest with a big hammer?

…
I will smite you.

No.
Unless I get light tentacles, you get nothing!

1 Like

Folk tell me that even when a disc priest is wearing heavy armor and wielding a two handed sword they’re not a paladin of any kind… glares at Anduin

Deal. Light Tentacles for Belfs!

Everyone pretending like Yrel, Queen of Light Tentacles, isn’t coming for us after Shadowlands.