High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Or they’ve just got a little fel left in them.

I’ve always liked violet eyes. But actually, the female high elves have basically had violet eyes for awhile. It’s the males that have that weird blue-green.

I’ll be interested to see how this continues to develop.

I think the developers have been smarter about this implementation than a lot of people have given them credit for. The decisions they are making regarding the void elf / high elf / blood elf situation will be healthier for the game moving forward.

6 Likes

Mmm. I’m not sure about that…

It’s a good decision not to give the appearance options to one side and not the other. Otherwise there would be a lot of revolt…

But I think they’ll just gloss over the reasons for it because of new customization and I don’t think that’ll appease most people who want High Elves…

as a group people who want to play High Elves are pretty lore savvy. Just being aware of High Elves in the first place means you’re a little lore savvy.

3 Likes

I wanna point out the preview image has belves with dark blue eyes, so it’s more than likely a wip still.

1 Like

They say it’s a preview… but apparently the blue eyes for elves were meant to be an NPC option and then they had some meeting and decided to give it to both sides. According to Ion.

But it’s an actual preview image instead of just saying stuff.

2 Likes

That’s why the people boasting about them not having blonde hair is silly.

They were just making an announcement to hopefully put out an internet fire.

1 Like

And started like 5 in the process.

AS of now i would say the Purple Elf eyes are probably my favorite i’ve seen so far of any race. Would be an awesome look for an Arcane mage. Especially with the artifact weapon.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, but Reno is right too, they did start a whole mess of different fires by doing what they did, not to say that i don’t agree with it.

But i’m also hoping they realize that skin tone and eye options are not the “end all be all” in what High elf fans were chasing after, it has to consist of some story development as well, guess at this point, time will tell.

And just more hair style and color options, cause god damn the male ones are ugly. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

In a way I feel like it was done on purpose to get people talking about it and hyped. I could be wrong but that’s just what I feel.

I like what I;m seeing so far but I hope they continue to go all out with it including proper hair styles and addressing the issue with the racial. I would think they know they need to get it right otherwise people are going to keep asking.

3 Likes

Please, Blizzard. Give me a reason to use more than just this hair option, LMAO

1 Like

This is my big fear at the end of all this, if it’s done in another lack luster way, people are just going to keep asking for High Elves.

4 Likes

Exactly, which is what I think they may be doing with the implementation retroactively of the Silver Covenant and all other Alliance aligned high elves as having purple eyes, and making purple available only to the void elves.

No one can ever say it was just about blue eyes again, it’s about the history, the politics, the characters and the story.

5 Likes

I’m hoping we get the tattoo options as well. It’s not a gamebreaker for me but it would certainly be nice!

3 Likes

People keep speaking for “Horde” players about this issue.

I’m a former Horde main.
They’re not getting “Blood Elves” - they’re getting skins to play High Elves.

and frankly, you guys already won in the Allied Race department before, and this seems more like reparations for diaper gnomes + void elves not being high elves to begin with + faction imbalance going nuts for EU/NA + vulpera/nightborne + a million other things this expansion.

Sorry, but the concept of something being “yours” is up to Blizzard and Blizzard alone. The Thalassian elf model has lore wise been partially split between the factions since WoTLK, and we’ve already been over the whole “Horde only has Blood Elf due to Faction Imbalance” thing before - which has been confirmed by Blizzard as well.

The game’s changing.
Stop hassling people for getting something they asked for.

PS: Blood Elves are gaining stuff, but people want to ignore the new hairstyles/jewelery that are exclusive to them, ontop of the fact they’ll continue to have the main focus for Thalassian elves lorewise.
Ya’ll just got a short story.
Kael’thas is coming back and it’s likely Lor’themar is going to have some focus on that since … short story doesn’t come out of nowhere for no reason.
You guys have Silvermoon - the actual capital in game.

The concept of the elvish “civil war” starting up again is very much so more a possibility, which is even more content for Blood Elves.

But na, skins are taking away everything.

As somebody who has played both factions, had (has) a heavy investment into Thalassian elf story/RP, and still participates heavily in Elvish RP in Quel’thalas despite maining Void Elf; it’s time to stop. This isn’t going to change anything for you, and it just comes across like toddlers crying the kid beside them some a few candies from the entire package - while they have the rest of the package.

“T-They have more skins now!”
Grats.
You have literally everything else and will continue to get more.
Go ask for the undead skins like every other reasonable person so it equals out.

18 Likes

This was always the issue with the Void Elf Route. People will keep asking for High Elves even if they botch the lore part.

Because lore fans want to play high elves.

4 Likes

Are you referring to the Void Elf skin tone options on the Alpha? If so I don’t think that they’ve added all the new skin tones just yet. I heard that Blizzard said they would take a little longer to implement, because they decided to go ahead and add the Void Elf underwear to the new skins instead of the Blood Elf ones. Belvs still don’t have the ear size sliders they are supposed to get yet either, so I’m thinking that both of the new options that are missing for both Velvs and Belvs will be added in the next build.

I think the lore part can be easily corrected. They just for the most part need to make mention of it. Maybe talk about how the Void Elves and High Elves have linked together under the Silver Covenant or something. The leaders of both their groups are sisters anyway.

Idk how likely it is but it would be nice if they got a new tabard even if it was some updated form of the Silver Covenant tabard and a unicorn mount.

The Horde counterpart to this for me would be if the Blood Elves got a San’Layn option complete with a proper mount and tabard.

Bonus if they each got a new HA but im not gonna hold out for that. Who knows though?

3 Likes