High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Either that or something like the one thing people where using as an option for getting void elves to look like high elves and it being a secondary color laid on top of the prime skin color to allow a normal skin tone that still shows void corruption

Only if immediately before or after they show Night Elf paladins.

Can you imagining being able to make a paladin that isn’t Human, Smaller Human, or a Goat? :tada:

1 Like

I’ll grant you overdue.

Yeah. Tauren.

I also want Worgen paladins.

This is exciting! Not a deal breaker for me but happy for those who want this!

I think I’m going to focus on my warlock, and my mage who is now a VE and my mage I’m still going to RP an interest in Void magic to an extent. But it’s all exciting none the less!

2 Likes

But what I’m seeing is that it lets you choose between one lighter and another darker, but both are still purple

I guess the other option is so that it doesn’t look as much as it currently is

Vereesa has Void Elf color now??? If im understanding that correctly? They’re rolling High Elf NPCs into the “Void Elf” race?

I think that’s just her canonical color on her eyes, it’s also in her hearthstone card from way back.

Another thing I’m seeing from the difference in blue eyes

is that the blood elfs are more greenish, while those of the dark blue void elfs, more than they are originally

So if it is spoken that it is because of the sunwell, since they are between the color green and blue

I think for the most part, the varying blue colors on the eye options are essentially exactly the same across void elves and blood elves.

Some of the examples shown are kind of bad cause they use the blue skin tone with the new blue eye glow and that contrast makes them look different, i think they’ll look better with the other skin-tone options.

They would look even better with more different hair styles for void elves, especially the males.

nope, you can go to the wow head where they have their eyes separated, and you can see that if the void elfs are darker

that blood elfs have blue eyes yes, but a bit lighter, while void elfs are darker

Meh, I don’t see a massive difference :man_shrugging:

Ah okay. I never played Hearthstone myself so i wouldn’t know. It’s kind of interesting though especially if that specific color is linked to the Void Elf race. I wonder if they’re changing the High Elf NPCs to that.

After all this, i’d hope not, because that’s what they should of done from the beginning to avoid this entire “High elf” debacle.

If they went through the trouble of inventing a group of blood elves to make into void elves and then just went ahead and made the remaining High Elves into void elves, that seems like a giant runaround for something that would of saved the forums years of conflict :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

see in the end the textures .I don’t want to call you blind, but it’s more than clear

Oh I don’t mean turning them into “Void Elves” but they’re coding them or w/e to be “Void Elf” to give them the alliance specific “High Elf” aesthetics. But I agree 100%. They should have been High Elves from the start and ended this nonsense long ago.

6 Likes

In that case yeah possibly.

Though I think they should just combine the two under the Silver Covenant or something, to give Void Elves some sort of identity they never had :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

A little off topic… but, they tend to follow Elven Laws. So they’re lawful to their own thing.

Agreed.

That bridge got burned when they decided to change Void Elves customization options.

Alleria has a whole group of rangers who followed her on a suicide mission through a portal. I’d presume they’re quite loyal to her.

In fact, they dislike being referred to by that name. To them being a Blood Elf is a mark of loyalty to their dead brethren.

It’s incredibly odd that Blood Elf players are so partial to the name though? It signifies a political affiliation to the opposite side.

The good news is that this is really just a Snowsong thing.

It’s not surprising. Quite a few of them would write, “This would make us the bad elves!” So… for whatever reason Alliance High Elves have always meant they would have to reckon with being actual Blood Elves.

Yeah. But… that won’t really stop the call for playable High Elves. Been going for fifteen years.

I think the right response is just Alleria’s folks roll in.

I mean… you’re looking for horses… not Zebras. There is very little reason for High Elves to suddenly defect to the Horde. Continuing to be part of the Alliance isn’t really odd though.

One is unlikely wishful thinking and the other is just the status quo.

9 Likes

I agree. Or some other name. Though, if Alleria’s leading the group and it’s composed of her former High Elven forces then it’s not ideal but it’s a thing.

2 Likes

Yeah. two years of constant arguing for nothing. THey stuck to their guns of BFA being about the two factions conflict though. Even after the two factions stopped fighting and were fighting N’zoth.

1 Like

On the Alpha it looks like the historical alliance high elf NPCs are having their eye color retroactively changed to violet, which is currently an eye color only available to the void elves.

Looks like they are going to split the blood elves and the void elves down the middle of a colour wheel starting at blue. Void elves will get the colder colors, i.e violet, sapphire blue and the blood elves will get the warmer tones gold, green, turquoise blue and maybe even red?

2 Likes