High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

With the velf player backlash maybe they’ll decide to just go with high elves.

At that point it would just be copying Blood Elves to Alliance and changing the name to High Elves. They went this way for a reason, to not step completely on Horde players.

2 Likes

Horde players are complaining anyway. I say they step back, take their time, develop high elves with their own stuff, and give the horde a race with it.

2 Likes

Trying to defend not getting a Horde race 100% stolen. Not complaining. If anything players on here are complaining after getting the model, and now skin tones with blue eyes.

True would of been nice just to create what was asked for in the first Place, Alliance Playable High Elves that were already there in the Alliance. Instead of all this Ren’dorei nonsense.

5 Likes

As things currently stand right now, I think Blizzard’s best bet to minimize workload while maximizing player happiness is to make High Elves a playable, Neutral, Allied races that is basically Pandarens 2.0 in a sense. A lot of the major groundwork is done, a lot of the lore barriers to entry are no longer an issue to worry about, and overall there is very little work. Yes, People can say “Gave them an inch, now they want a mile”, but really it’s more like a few more feet is all that is really being asked for. All that would need to be done is-

1. Create a in-name High Elf race
  2. Update Character Creation Screen UI
  3. Give them access to every class except Shamans, Druids, Demon Hunters, & Warlocks. (Can always be changed later if they desire)
  4. Create a small, neutral starter zone that can be completed in under 8 minutes that ends with the Player making a choice to join either the Alliance or Horde.
  5. Create a High Elf minor Faction in the Horde (Alliance can use the Silver Covenant)
  6. Connect their entry story to the Blood Elves for the Horde and the Void Elves for Alliance which plants the seeds for future story developments for all 4 groups that can branch off from each other later on.
  7. Add a mention that the last bastions of Neutral High Elves are being abandoned with the former inhabitants pledging their Loyalty to either the Alliance or the Horde.

and that is all that I think needs to be done. I’m sure I missed something, but I think I covered all the major bases. Yes customization stuff is still an issue, but for the sake of cutting back on the post length I will just say; Blizzard is perfectly able to make lore fitting customization options that are unique for High Elves, Blood Elves, and Void Elves.

In the end though neither the Alliance or Horde gets exclusive claim to the Quel’Dorei as they would BOTH get the last pure High Elves factually.

1 Like

Blizzard went on and said they hated the neutral race joining both factions thing after they made pandaren’s yea?

OR just hear me out. You can accept that Blizzard gave Alliance side the model, skin tones, blue eyes and RP as a High Elf.

2 Likes

They can do that if they wish, but it’s not going to stop People from still wanting pure High Elves in-name in the end. What I posted is as middle ground as it can get and it maximizes player happiness.

2 Likes

Feels like to me a bit greedy and super obsessed with having every little detail. Don’t hover over your toon and see the name Void Elf.

The option to play Void Elf and RP as a High Elf is on Alliance.

The option to play Blood Elf and RP as a High Elf with blue eyes is on Horde.

Paladin class? Play Horde BE. Racial like a HE Horde, since BE are renamed HE.

1 Like

They could always put HE apart of the lightforged army along with humans, dwarfs, and gnomes so ppl can RP alliance pally HE, just don’t give them BE hair do’s and cover them with lightforged tats.

If that is how you feel, that is how you feel. In the end I’m only presenting the most neutral, balanced (in my opinion it’s balanced anyways) way that Blizzard can fulfill the desires of both Alliance & Horde players that wanted High Elves in-name to become a playable race without favoring either Player Faction. Yes, there will be people unhappy with it if they did it, but you can’t please everyone unfortunately. They could very well also just kill off a vast majority of the High Elves in-name in game and say what remains are either becoming Sin’Dorei or Ren’Dorei.

In the end it’s Blizzard’s call to make. I’m merely pointing out the best neutral path they could take in my 2 cent opinion.

1 Like

I’m mostly okay with the compromise as it is. Whether I fully like it depends on some other things. It’s not really high elf fans protesting this.

3 Likes

I already felt I was playing a High Elf. BE are renamed HE. We have golden eyes now because of the Sunwell.

Alliance have Void Elves and now can RP as High Elves. That’s a perfect compromise. You have the model, the jump animation, the skin tones, blue eyes.

Not enough. Want a new racial, Paladin class, and so on.

You know the Horde elves can be played by anyone right? Oh, that’s right it’s not the faction they want to play on. Too bad. I like certain Alliance races and have to play Alliance to use them.

1 Like

ghostcrawler did after he left WoW. GC wasn’t anyone important.

I believe neutral races are completely okay so long as blizzard isn’t scared to use them. Pandaren are underused and therefore suffer as a result however it has nothing to do with them being a neutral race. If blizzard think it does it just shows how unimaginative they are.

Other neutral races I would like to see are tuskarr and naga. Those are the only other 2 races at this time I believe should be neutral playable races.

I know many want playable ethereals however even though I do as well I don’t think they belong as a playable race. Same with tortollans.

1 Like

I like Pandaren, but it feels stupid playing a race that came from the same place and just chose a side, then you’re killing your friends. The Alliance Pandaren could walk right into a Horde city. What is stopping them?

It just doesn’t make sense with a two faction game. Now, if High Elves were added how would it not be possible for BE or HE to go into opposing cities? It’s just a bad idea and that’s why I feel it’s awful.

The neutrality of the pandaran does feel really strange. There are more reasons why high elves and blood elves are on opposite sides.

By the way, what new customization options are you the most excited about so far?

4 Likes

How in the hell is what you suggested in any way neutral and balanced when it’s just straight up giving one side exactly what they want and everyone else the finger?

1 Like

I like the wildhammer customizations. I do hope though that they turn the lightforged dreanei into an actual army of the light consisting of the alliance WC2 races at the very least along with the dreanei as customization options.

1 Like

I am looking forward to the wildhammer customization as well. Speaking of I need to make a dwarf hunter.

3 Likes