High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

Thatā€™s cool to hear. As far as Iā€™m seeing it, none of us got exactly what we wanted, but both groups got something close to what they were asking for. Itā€™s an actually decent compromise, imo.

4 Likes

It still rubs me the wrong way that it will be possible for a Void Elf to present as being completely unaffected by the Void. I wouldā€™ve preferred something like this, with all of the skin color options (i.e. light-skinned, tan-skinned, dark-skinned, etc.) still having some corruption present:

https://i.imgur.com/3zuCYG1.jpg
1 Like

I personally prefer Blizzardā€™s option since both factions are getting High Elves. But if that werenā€™t the case, Iā€™d enjoy that compromise.

Iā€™ll be the first to say I quite like the characterization of the Alliance-aligned High Elves.

Itā€™s still completely fair, IMHO, to say that theyā€™re bland when compared against the Blood Elves (with their newfound fealty to the Light) OR the Void Elves (with their commitment to using the Void for good).

I wouldā€™ve much preferred the characterization(s) of the High Elves and Void Elves be dispersed into each other, with the effects of the Void remaining as a crucial element.

Iā€™ll say it yet again.

Remember when Orcs got the upright posture? What did Alliance get for that? Nothing.

Yes. Horde got everything out of that. This is a present to Alliance, as another long-standing requested addition.

Oh and I think youā€™ll find that new posture was enormously more effort to implement.

4 Likes

Blood Elves also got 3 new faces, I think. Alliance got none of that.

I think thatā€™s alright, most faces look almost the same anyways and void elves already have a decent selection.

I just hope they can have normal hair colors too.

More than anything I just want non ā€œwetā€ options for hair styles, I looked at all of them last night and every, single, one, has that wavy look to it.

They should also just give us the DK color hairstyles that Blood Elves canā€™t use regularly, if itā€™s not directly connected to them itā€™s ok right? :no_mouth:

Yeah and Iā€™d like to think Alliance getting the entire BE skin tone diversity is great. But I in turn also hope it leads to BEs getting undead skin tones.

4 Likes

Agreed! Sanā€™layn sexy for Blood Elves!

6 Likes

What? An entire Horde focused expansion, more than half of the WoW population and every customization request fulfilled while Blizzard begs on their knees for you to ask them to do more isnā€™t enough for you?

While the one bone they threw us kind of gives us what weā€™ve been asking for?

A Horde Victim till the end huh Tarrok?

12 Likes

Found the last part of this new video interesting. Skip to 10:20.

Like Iā€™ve said before, since they felt the need to try again, in this High Elf issue and have just essentially given us Blood elves but like completely this time, they should consider some of those hairstyles and hair colors as well.

5 Likes

Well I think we can ask to see HEs joining VE ranks officially. Which would allow those that want to be a HE to truly be the Alliance HE.

I already think thatā€™s whatā€™s happening, I donā€™t see any other lore explanation for our lighter skin color.

The whole point of Void Elves is that they are void infused that doesnā€™t seem like an ā€œoptionā€ they can ignore.

Iā€™m just so surprised so many people who kept calling VEs the perfect compromise, arenā€™t happy with this better compromise. Itā€™s almost like blue eyes never mattered to some. I for one am happy both sides got what they wanted, we just need the lore to be added imo really.

They never wanted us to look like Blood Elves in the first place, which I understand.

This ā€œfixā€ has kind of made the issue worst for those people, more than an actual High Elf AR with effort put into differentiation would ever have.

7 Likes

Why even have the void elves option if theyā€™re just going to look exactly like Blood Elves?

2 Likes

They should have campaigned with us for HEs as a designated spot then.

Still I think itā€™s nice both sides got something it shows Blizzard is trying imo.

10 Likes

Iā€™m somewhat torn on how to feel about there being such an extreme overlap between VEā€™s and BEā€™s, personally.

If the VEā€™s are to ā€œinherit the skin color optionsā€ available to BEā€™s, it wouldā€™ve been preferable to see those options have this effect applied to them:

https://imgur.com/VQzT6Xd

Similarly, if the the VEā€™s were to ā€œinherit the hair color optionsā€ available to BEā€™s, it would be preferable to see those options have this effect applied to them:

https://i.imgur.com/3zuCYG1.jpg

This maintains the aesthetic of VEā€™s, the aesthetic of BEā€™s, and still gives a nod to the fact that HEā€™s have variably aligned themselves with VEā€™s and BEā€™s. :man_shrugging:

So whatā€™s the next thing of ours that the Alliance will get for the horde getting stuff in prior expansions? Will you get Tauren because the horde Garrison didnā€™t require running as far inside to get to the mission table? Should the Night Elves get nightborn skins because the horde pandaren shrine is closer to some dailies?

Oh. And the upright orcs were part of making Magā€™har, and since they took a customization request and turned it into a race request they allowed the normal orcs to use it too. Oh, and it took a lot less work to straighten the posture on an otherwise unchanged model than to build a brand new one from scratch like the KT. So since apparently weā€™re keeping score based on stuff in the past, what do we get in return for having an AR delayed because blizz spent so much time on one alliance AR?