High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

we got out wish bois

He still isnā€™t exactly safe, he kind of is an aspect they are known for going insane one way or another. Though we already did kill one blue aspect so maybe killing a second would be overkill.

Same and I donā€™t know why anyone would associate feminine traits as a negative. They are simply traits. I certainly donā€™t want to lose BE customization for jewelry on the off chance someone tries to insult us with something that says more about them than anything.

I do apologize, I know that being negative wasnā€™t your intention.

IĀ“m NOT saying feminine traits are by default a negative thing. IĀ“m saying -as the mechagnome kindly put it- that devs usually take those feminine traits and portray it on a negative light with male Belves just to make the same old joke of always. The ā€œthey look like a gal, letĀ“s help the poor ladyā€ narrative was repeated in 3 different zones by 3 different male Belf characters while leveling alone in Cata (and yes, in the ā€œemphasizing not good things regarding females but actual bad sexist thingsā€: implying those ā€œfemalesā€ need strong males to do stuff for them cause they apparently couldnĀ“t by themselves, that they surely would love to be coddled by strong looking ā€œmaleā€ types to the point of becoming their cheerleaders etc.). And this is without taking Aethas into account.

A perchant for peaceful resolutions (which is more a ā€œfemaleā€ trait than a male one -macho males in literature usually involve a certain degree of aggresiveness- was very badly executed in regards to LorĀ“themar in BfA. Him deciding to put the war on hold and ally with Jaina wasnĀ“t bad; him literally preaching an individual that has behaved in very contradiction to LorĀ“s own political ways as the best thing ever just because heĀ“s pro-peace IS terribad execution.

Be prepared, cause the sexist a-holes are going to be the very devs themselves.

I think after what they did to Aethas IĀ“ve become way less permisive. I feel that if we donĀ“t say anything on the matter they WILL continue to use only negative portrayal of female traits on Belves for the lols. And I used to believe this would not impact the game further than those leveling quests back in Cata. That those were harmless jokes.

And then Aethas and his muffin happened. And my patience reached a limit. And I rather not see a dev making a dig against male Belves masculity thanks to the jewerly cause then I WILL make myself bann from this place, IĀ“m afraid.

Well I donā€™t think the answer to what youā€™re talking about here is to not allow any customization that might not be hyper masculine.

The jewelry on BE males is fine and will make a lot of players happy.

I repeat: I personally consider it a waste cause most armor WILL cover it (especially on malesā€¦ not much options regarding ā€œhot pantsā€ for you guys). And I DID say on that post not that I was all about removing it, but that deffinitely it was a very niche customization treat.

Well yā€™all we sort of did it. We may not get High Elves as a separate playable race, but we now are going to have the customization options to make our Void Elves look as close as possible. All we need now is for Blizzard to say that some High Elves joined the Void Elf ranks and we are good to go. We must celebrate this victory. Today is a day to remember!

Well I know people would like ear jewelry for the elf races akin to what NB currently have on males as well. And I want that too personally.

1 Like

Those are better and actually can be seen (they have an egyptian vibe and can be explained as cultural interchange between both elf races done in BfA). The weird chains stuff they have put currently for ā€œbody jewerlyā€ only work for half naked tmogs, they are invisible with regular clothes. Heck they even look impractical, like the perfect thing to grab if you want to inmovilize the elf ASAP regardless on genre (so NOT fight friendly).

Iā€™d like that.

Thereā€™s already High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift. There are certain things we can make connections to without needing it to be explicitly stated

It needs to be stated though, or else it makes the problem worse, itā€™s literally just them pretending to give us High Elves, again.

They lose absolutely nothing in stating ā€œThe High Elves joined the Void Elves and this is why you have these customization options.ā€

5 Likes

https://i.redd.it/s3v1u9y47dr31.png

1 Like

Such a statement would put even the most lore-obsessed fans of High Elves at ease, and function as a means to introduce the playerbase to the novelty of imagining notable High Elves (i.e. Vereesa, specifically) as being adjoined to the Void Elves.

Win-win.

4 Likes

Agree totally. Vereesa going Void Elf would once and for all lay this rabbit to rest.

5 Likes

that would imply that they could not be paladins, and have to leave the name of high elves

much commitment to be able to play with that skin in the alliance?

This, but on a more ā€œgroupā€ level. Not Vereesa going VE herself necessarely, but the Silver Covenant joining the Void Elves. Cause I still believe it just made more sense they were the VEā€™s since the beginning lol.

If we have the Silver Covenant join the Void Elves, that addresses the main group of alliance High Elves. Sure you have the Highvale that I really doubt would go void, but yeh, all racial groups do have outliers when it comes to playability.

5 Likes

Awww, I think a Pink Eye Blood Elf would suit the Horde. Brighten up the Horde with some pink. And soon, give them flowers and butterflies too.