High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

I like the male body jewelry! The ones for BEs? I want that though lol on both eh.

Farstrider tattoos made way more sense to me.

1 Like

Obs talking about the non tentacley hairstyles, and if you canā€™t appreciatte a widowā€™s peak, you are weak.

More weakness in your part. Why are you so afraid of pink?

4 Likes

This was my initial response, as well.

Iā€™d been imagining that any push by Blizzard to integrate the HEā€™s into the VEā€™s, socially and culturally, would result in a plethora of customization options that demonstrate the individual has a divergent origin (i.e. they werenā€™t part of the original squad accompanying Umbric), but which would be entirely unique from anything/everything available to Blood Elves (excepting, perhaps, blue eyes).

Perhaps, something like:

Blood Elves

• Skin Color(s): A spectrum not unlike seen in humans.
  • Hair Color(s): A spectrum from wheat yellow to autumn red. Plus black.
  • Eye Color(s): A spectrum from wheat yellow to honey yellow. Plus green and blue.

Void Elves

• Skin Color(s): A spectrum not unlike seen in humans, with Void-suffused discoloration on arms/legs.
  • Hair Color(s): A spectrum from white to dark indigo. Plus gray and black.
  • Eye Color(s): A spectrum from pink (Arcane) to purple (Void). Plus blue.
1 Like

This is what I think itā€™s the best current option; that this customization expansion is meant to lead to a narrative unification of the thalassian exiles as one political entity under the Windrunners. With Sylvanas disconnect from the Horde, the Windrunners are now an Exclusively Alliance thing, and a joining of their forces and politics could be the start of some great development for the Thalassian Exiles as a whole.

2 Likes

Without a new rig and differenā€™t customization options, we essentially just literally took the Blood Elf model, thatā€™s why i feel weird about this, and if it continues with more High Elf customization and class options for Void Elves, it essentially just makes Blood Elves neutral.

IDK, my heads been spinning since i learned the news.

1 Like

Aye of course! Belfs and Velfs and Helfs should be lore separate. But options are good!

If this turns into new options like a ā€œrace skinā€ whereas everything ā€œVoidā€ about these Elves turns into ā€œHighā€, then i guess iā€™d be ok with it going forward.

Itā€™s just like pandaren if tushui and huojin each were imbued with either holy or void energies.

I certainly donĀ“t. Kinda seems like a dig regarding the usual ā€œBlood elves have no males lulā€ gags.

Nah, considering the only elf NPC in this game sporting warpaint is and always has been Alleria, I think that is something we shpuldnĀ“t get as Hordies. The runic tatoos are in the very first art depicted in the TBC gamebox, ergo something much more Belfy.

Nah, still not my taste. I rather like the long anime hair of the Belves, your curly / Bald states are too boring for me.

IĀ“m more afraid of the "perfect storm"one might get with naked male Belf + Body jewerly + pink eyes + tmog / dance studio events or + devs jokes.

IĀ“m rather tired of the terasing of the rest of the Hordies AND the devs, tyvm.

Lovely post asking people if they are going to change to a normal High Elf ICLY on the MG forums for RP reasons

Masculinity so fragile lol

Itā€™s just fun that because they are ā€œnot your tasteā€ they shouldnā€™t happen.

eyeroll

1 Like

Looks like the High Elf movement has been successful!! Congratulations to everyone in support of this and their continued effort towards making today happen, despite the hurdles of negativity! :smile:

Now we can move on to requesting what more customization options weā€™d like to see for our High Elves! :partying_face:

5 Likes

IĀ“m a woman irl, soā€¦ indeed?

And just because you feel like sharing everything this doesnĀ“t mean it should happen either. Let the races keep their own stuff, man. Not everything has to be available in both sides.

Someone has not been present at tmog events on Horde.

My best friend won by a combination of the Easter even ears and a big clamp toy that shows his toon ina quite provocative feminine way (and this is just players, now take into account ā€œJennyā€, the Orc with a male Belf cheerleader, Maximilliam of Villaforte, etc.). I know what IĀ“m talking about, and I rather not let more stuff available so the devs keep with the gag stuff regarding Belves.

I think his point was, just because there are options that donā€™t emphasize masculinity. Doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t have them.

Some of us are men and play male characters, why should we not have the option for body jewelry? Because someone else doesnā€™t like it? Donā€™t use it then.

I like more options for us!

4 Likes

That as a point I get, not sure if it has much validity now that they share skin tones and eye color, yet sure. But thereā€™s a thin line between the idea of exclusivity, and framing it as ā€œno that hairstyle is ugly I donā€™t want itā€.

Cause then it comes across as you merely using the exclusivity as justification for something you donā€™t want.

So you are concerned about the concept of masculinity of a fictional race, and compound what is ostensibly intended as a dig, and what unintentionally so. Like I would tell you your masculinity is not based on otherā€™s perceptions of it, but, this is literally about the masculinity of a fictional race, which also is not your gender?

I did say some people (apparently you guys) would find utility for that customizations (and dressing room makes one choice one body jewerly type or else; indeed devs need to put on the ā€œthanks but no thanksā€ for players like myself), didnĀ“t I? I find it especially useless cause armor WILL probably cover it unless you slutmog, soā€¦

Cause theyĀ“re still two different races separated by faction. We start with too much sharing features on the gameplay model and afterwards people are going to start asking for territory and neutrality and more Belf stuff cause why not? Indeed, I donĀ“t want to share most stuff, the stuff we shared is good enough. No need to blur more the two races so people start petitioning to make them the nuPandaren.

Skin tones and an eye color is good and dandy; a decent compromise, but let the races keep a modicum of excusiveness between themselves, tyvm.

IĀ“m tired of the devs increasingly taking with zero seriousness the male Belves. Started with Johnny Awesome and we already got Aethas the perma pathetic mage AND LorĀ“themar acting like a high school cheerleader towards someone he probably has never evenb talked before. So yes, I look with concern the increasing gag PoV devs reserve for Blood elf males in this game.

Had they not insist in portraying more the ā€œgagā€ perception than the serious perception, IĀ“d probably care less over this, but alasā€¦

I get what sheā€™s saying. She doesnā€™t want more of the usual insults thrown at her favorite race. People would surely use body jewerly on joke characters if given the chance

But Iā€™m all for the option for those that would genuinely enjoy it

I mean I see that too, but the problem is why would non masculine men be an insult anyways? Those insults to BEs are unfounded on both ends to look at it.

1 Like

I just realized I am not going to have enough slots to save transmog outfit presets with all the new outfit possibilities that will become actually aesthetically appealing options once these changes go live! D: