High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

I don’t agree with this for two reasons.

1. The difference between a high elf and a blood elf is…well…none.
  2. If people were for the lore, why do they want an aesthetic change when they are complaining they aren’t playing the high elves who are only alliance?

It is a contradictory statement to say

“I want the high elves because of lore not looks” but then say
“I would make void elves have normal skin” even though they hate them.

it just mean their motivations were superficial.

3 Likes

My eyes are the same color as yours :slight_smile: They only appear more blue because Thalassian male eyes are more compact and have a smaller iris than the females do.

Thalassian female eyes have a bigger iris and the iris of Void Elves is an extremely pale blue (especially since the eye update in preparation for Shadowlands) verses their sclera (the “whites” of the eyes, or in the case of Void Elves the “blues”) which is a darker blue.

Since the female Thalassian eye has a bigger iris, you’re seeing more of the iris (extremely pale blue) than the sclera (darker blue) whereas the males have a smaller iris and thus you see more of the sclera.

The reason this isn’t as noticeable with Blood Elves or Thalassian Death Knights of either sex, is because the color differential between iris and sclera for their eyes is very very minimal making their eyes appear a more uniform color overall.

I hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

As you wish…
The great VIKING ELF strides forth; wielding her mighty axe!
STRAHNDHOGG!
TIL VALHAL!
…and skäl
:beer:

Well, 10 days until my game time ends. Probably going to take a break from WoW until SL, and pray for hope that isn’t going to be a Legion 2.0 in Beta, like how BfA has been.

3 Likes

Understandable.

I was gone since just after 8.3 dropped because I saw no reason to renew my sub. I popped a token just this month because an opportunity presented itself to get something done in game that I wanted to get done. I’ll go back on hiatus once the token runs out.

And if Shadowlands looks like its going to be BfA 2.0 I won’t bother coming back for it. I’ve sat out entire content patches before… there’s no reason I can’t sit out an entire expansion. I won’t continue giving money to developers who keep disappointing me.

Those who are requesting the normal skin tones for void elves may simply be throwing in the towel. The Alliance High Elf request has been going for many years now, and it’s possible those players are accepting they won’t be able to play the race they wish they could with the faction they’re already aligned with. Even so, settling still doesn’t change the likelihood that they’d rather play the original, non-void, Alliance High Elves.

1 Like

PSA to TL3 image posters

One of the recurring images/gifs in these High Elf threads is the lady elf smoking in her hammock: stop posting it immediately. If someone mentions High Dwarves don’t follow it up with an image of a dwarf smoking.

Bliz apparently did not find my replying to their High Dwarf section of the April Fool’s patch notes with an image of a disney elf with a joint amusing…at all.

Remember boys and girls, since pot is not legal “everywhere”, posting images/gifs about it may be posting an image referencing something illegal…and in a game of needless slaughter and war we can’t have that…

10 Likes

This is the angriest post I have ever seen from you Murg. This means that…no…they didn’t…
DID THEY TAKE YOUR GIF POWERS!?

1 Like

Good lookin out my friend.

Omg no! They didn’t take your gif power did they?!

That sucks :frowning:

You still have TL3 though, right? God I hope so…

Yes, they did.

They did indeed.

No, I don’t.

Yes, it does.

It’s a far less angry post than the one I actually wanted to make…but I would prefer my next forum vacation not to be permanent.

3 Likes

…Guys…

we need a petition thread.
We need to protest.
WE NEED TO RAGE!

1 Like

ARE YOU WITH ME WARRIORS!? WE MUST UNLEASH OUR FURY!

Wait…one second…need to cast demotivational roar first.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn.

You set it up and I’ll support.

EVERYONE LIKE MURGA’S POSTS!
HE MUST GET TL3 AGAIN!

This is more important than the virus! /s

Done!

5 Likes

Sorry that you lost your TL3 over one image. Did someone flag it first or did Blizzard just remove it without warning?

That is ridiculous! They can’t handle jokes in an april fool’s post?

7 Likes

I can’t discuss moderation activities without further risk to my privileges. Since everyone can see everyone’s trust level, providing that information isn’t something that could be construed as violating CoC.

4 Likes