High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Only thing I don’t agree with is the Alliance’s discrepancy in Paladins versus Horde Shamans.

Alliance should have more paladins and Horde should have more Shaman, which they do, but the Alliance is nearly at the same rate of Paladin as the Horde is.

Especially if we take away the “AR parent race/combo”, the Alliance, in that sense, has 3 Paladin races to the Hordes 3 Paladin races, except with the Horde having 5 shaman races, to the Alliances 3.

4 Likes

People love High Elves. I hope Blizz realize this.

3 Likes

Alright well my sub will be running out in the next 2 weeks.

Just wanted to drop in to say I’m glad void elves are getting new options to look similar to high elves.

However,
While it’s nice that Blizzard acknowledges high elf fans, I think they need to be aware as well that void elf skins, while nice, will not erase high elves unless they explicitly do so in game.

It’s still just another compromise for something that should have been added in Legion as a counterpart to the nightborne, and it’s unfortunate that Ion is still stubborn about it.

And I feel like this whole wave of toxicity and spite that Ion (unintentionally) unleashed when he said “the horde is waiting for you” was really crappy and just made for 2 years of unnecessary bickering.

Baby steps I guess! But this is a victory regardless.

12 Likes

I’m with you. I’ve been on the fence about Shadowlands because of the way this was handled…

Waiting to see. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I agree, also as I started typing this I realized I’m on my Priest lol hello again blue background like I love Blood Elves and High Elves of the Alliance. But I really dislike this “well to be like Tolkien Elves Blizzard needs to” or “they are based off Tolkien so Blizzards need to, x,y,z” I prefer the WoW setting and I mean I think there is LOTRO unless I’m mistaken but I think that exists for the Tolkien fans who want Tolkien lol.

ASOIAF is heavily based on the war of the roses, and I love seeing the parallels and the inspiration from it, but I don’t expect Martin to explicitly follow the actual history he pulls from to make characters like that’s where that ends and his world begins.

1 Like

I beg to differ, the customizations in shadowlands seem to be aimed at what people want to see in the game as diverse

Truth be told the Alliance trust high elves twice as much as they trust night elves.

1 Like

Waiting for the other foot to drop which is typical with the Devs.

1 Like

We’ll see. Will likely have to do with hair colors.

1 Like

They got me watching hairstyles and Tentacles, both got me nervous on the this whole thing.

A toggle like the Night Elf vines for hair, but for Void Elf tentacles that removes the tentacles from hairstyles with them, or adds tentacles to hairstyles without them, would make me very happy.

It would basically add 6 “new” non-tentacle hairstyles to both male and female, and 6 “new” tentacle hairstyles to males, and 4 “new” tentacle styles to females.

5 Likes

…or we could just have the actual race of High Elves.
Skäl
:beer:

4 Likes

Sure sure, but this is a better compromise then there was before.

2 Likes

Dont mind the Queldorei going the route of the Rendorei but we should have access to all Quel’dorei Cosmetics from start to Ren’dorei no more compromises. The last one was a disaster. (imho)

1 Like

I’m posting this here, hoping that some dev at Blizzard may see this, and others too. I am in no way a game developer, so I couldn’t imagine the amount of work that would have to go into something like this, but here are some thoughts I had about giving the Alliance “authentic” High Elves. I have other ideas to go with this too, and would be happy to answer any questions.

This is how they can fix the Void/High Elf thing. #1 remove Void Elves. #2 remove Blood Elves. #3 create a Neutral race: High Elves. #4 create a starting zone for them, like 1-10 or something, set during the events of the fall of Quel’thalas (ala WC3) (if you’ve done the BElf Heritage armor quest, some of those events are simulated already). At the conclusion of the starting zone, have an in-game RP occur between the player, a group of HElf NPCs, and Grand Magister Rommath, who is there to teach them about siphoning magic. #5 make the decision similar to Pandaren, when they had to pick between Alliance of Horde. If you choose Horde, you’re rebranded as a “Blood Elf.” If you choose Alliance, you remain a High Elf and take a portal to SW to continue your leveling journey. #6 those Alliance High Elves who wish to study the Void can talk to Alleria and do whatever (quest, idk) and then they get branded as a “Void Elf” and then have access to those customization’s (treat the VElf part like the Warlock Green Fire ability, just cosmetic, and can be turned on or off).

7 Likes

I love this idea.

2 Likes

Can we not?

None of that is needed.

I get wanting regular hair colors but this is extra.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Wow.

Wow.

5 Likes
1 Like