High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

That would require… a lot of glyphs >_>

Unless there was one glyph used on a racial or class passive that just changed everything

Same amount of work as you’re suggesting though. :slight_smile:

The Alleria Turylon burning eachother thing does make Lightforged Shadow Priests and Void Elf Holy Priests an oddity for story reasons.

But if they’re just gonna make some High Elves in the Void Elf faction then they might as well just throw Paladins in there too.

I’d take it either way… in fact just doing it as a single glyph you use on a class passive would be ideal since its a system that could be used for any class and any number of themes. Like a “glyph of elune” that makes turns the holy yellow light color of abilities the soft blue/white light of elune for priests (and potentially night elf paladins if that happens).

make shadow-hunters etc. Easier than making specializations that do things like that.

Would have been a good use for Glyphs the whole time.

2 Likes

Instead of reposting it, here is a link of another compromise; Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

I feel with the creation of the Ren’dorei they now can add the Silver Covenant and High Elves in the Alliance Ren’dorei customization options, we all know the lore, Why create a new AR when the model is there already, kinda like they are doing with the Wildhammer Clan. We all know the High Elves still on the Alliance side will never would never go back to the Sin’dorei not after all they have done under the Horde flag to the Alliance High Elves. Imho.

1 Like

Both cases I’d rather an AR.

Wildhammer deserves their own racials, as do high elves.

6 Likes

I don’t understand why the “Void Elf” paladin thing is so complicated?? Simply force a “Void Elf” Paladin to be restricted to High Elven options in the customization. Give them secondary racial abilities or change the visual effect to fit the High Elf or paladin aesthetic. Have some flavor text somewhere stating the Thalassian Paladins are full blown High Elves part of the Silver Hand.

Considering that we can currently have Blood Elf Warlocks with golden eyes and Paladins with green yes it would just make sense to say that that canonically all the Paladins are the normal looking ones but it’s not a hard restriction on customization.

I would agree but imho its being kinda picky to say new AR, instead of using existing models that are there already. Just my opinion though, We know they are deserving but its kinda repetitious. Just my opinion though.

Nah that’s fine. I see the reason and the idea behind it, it’s just neither fit the racials (dwarf for Wildhammer and void elf for high elf) for their parent race. You also lose voice lines, racial mounts, a tabard ect.

Both races I feel have long been deserving of such care.

2 Likes

Yeah, just because they gave you skin colors, doesn’t mean they have to take your fanfic as game lore. Feel free to RP your void elf as a SC war criminal all you want though.

But that’s what you got. And Blizzard isn’t going to take your weird non-canon view of what blood or high elves are into account in the future I hope.

I think it’s fair to see the HEs officially being taken into the VEs. A statement from Blizzard or in game story showing it would be better of course. But we have the ones in Telogorus rift already, both HE and more BEs just come out and officially say these are the new VEs would be enough for most.

Like I’ve said, my biggest concerns about blizz doing something like this are the story. And this whole “And that’s howcome blood elfs are evil” is the last thing I want to see hit the game.

The least they can do is a few NPCs talking like they did for Classes in Cataclysm.

The best they can do is a quest that gives you an Armor Set and maybe a Mount and customization options.

And Paladins.

3 Likes

You do know Ghostcawler was not the lead game designer back in MoP.

I mean I am a BE fan so shrug we don’t all share the same opinion.

I literally have no problem with any factions territory being besieged, IMO it makes the story more interesting to me. Whatever alliance extremists wank about in the future is immaterial.

But I just don’t get the mentality of refusing conflict when conflict is what pushes stories forward. If it’s the fear of losing Silvermoon, they could make it clear from the beginning it’s not an option -again, from a meta level everyone would know that the belves wouldn’t be losing Quel’thalas-

It would be a story about the alliance trying to push and failing -maybe retake Windrunner Spire at most- to set up an updated status quo.

2 Likes

Hey Val, you remember asking me what our odds were a few months back? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Their Paladin mount needs to be a charger unicorn.

Them also getting their Tattoos/Warpaint would be awesome.

IF we get some kind of secondary racials or a “Choice” for racials it could open the door for a lot of other interesting options too. Like if they get Druids or Shaman maybe “Entropic Embrace” could be “Nature’s Embrace” similar to the suggested Arcane Embrace.

1 Like