High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Ohhhh yes. Just make them silver and purple and we are on!

The one design issue I have now is that with the new skin tones, every VE hair color looks like “dark” hair because of contrast, so I really hope we get white hair tbh.

Now, IDK if we are gonna get blonde hair, maybe that’s the bit Ion is gonna stick to; nonetheless, what I do find interesting is that the ones that had characters with dark skin and dark hair seem to get very close to what they wanted aesthetically, while everyone else that wanted a blonde high elf is not quite there heh.

1 Like

They might as well go for broke at this point.

1 Like

I have to admit this is kinda selfish and I just really want wavy VE hair on Blood Elves. And VE’s need better hairstyles too heh.

Errr… no. Hard pass regarding your tentacle hair and growing Widow´s peak.

And deffinitely NO to pink eyes -I can already see the amount of trolling a pink eyed male Belf could atain in this place-.

We reached peak share stuff. From now on the idea would be to put details to actually differentiate between the two types of elves imho…

Man, how much I despise the body jewerly -talk about a mostly wasted customization slot, though the slutmog lovers will probably take advantage on it I guess…-

Nah lets share it all. More options for all!

1 Like

Just not the lore! Model stuff I agree with share it!

(I actually saw a post to make both VE and BE neutral under Thalassian option lol where u can select from there what to be on either faction)

1 Like

I understand where people are coming from with this not being the high elves we want however what blizzard has announced can be further improved to be what we want. A combined void elf and high elf “race” rather than void elves who can pretend to be a high elf.

We just need to respectively request the necessary changes such as missing customization, missing classes, and changes to racials.

9 Likes

We can give them the exclusivity on the male body jewerly if you ask me…

Thread theme right now, fight me if you think im wrong

I like the male body jewelry! The ones for BEs? I want that though lol on both eh.

Farstrider tattoos made way more sense to me.

1 Like

Obs talking about the non tentacley hairstyles, and if you can’t appreciatte a widow’s peak, you are weak.

More weakness in your part. Why are you so afraid of pink?

4 Likes

This was my initial response, as well.

I’d been imagining that any push by Blizzard to integrate the HE’s into the VE’s, socially and culturally, would result in a plethora of customization options that demonstrate the individual has a divergent origin (i.e. they weren’t part of the original squad accompanying Umbric), but which would be entirely unique from anything/everything available to Blood Elves (excepting, perhaps, blue eyes).

Perhaps, something like:

Blood Elves

• Skin Color(s): A spectrum not unlike seen in humans.
  • Hair Color(s): A spectrum from wheat yellow to autumn red. Plus black.
  • Eye Color(s): A spectrum from wheat yellow to honey yellow. Plus green and blue.

Void Elves

• Skin Color(s): A spectrum not unlike seen in humans, with Void-suffused discoloration on arms/legs.
  • Hair Color(s): A spectrum from white to dark indigo. Plus gray and black.
  • Eye Color(s): A spectrum from pink (Arcane) to purple (Void). Plus blue.
1 Like

This is what I think it’s the best current option; that this customization expansion is meant to lead to a narrative unification of the thalassian exiles as one political entity under the Windrunners. With Sylvanas disconnect from the Horde, the Windrunners are now an Exclusively Alliance thing, and a joining of their forces and politics could be the start of some great development for the Thalassian Exiles as a whole.

2 Likes

Without a new rig and differen’t customization options, we essentially just literally took the Blood Elf model, that’s why i feel weird about this, and if it continues with more High Elf customization and class options for Void Elves, it essentially just makes Blood Elves neutral.

IDK, my heads been spinning since i learned the news.

1 Like

Aye of course! Belfs and Velfs and Helfs should be lore separate. But options are good!

If this turns into new options like a “race skin” whereas everything “Void” about these Elves turns into “High”, then i guess i’d be ok with it going forward.

It’s just like pandaren if tushui and huojin each were imbued with either holy or void energies.

I certainly don´t. Kinda seems like a dig regarding the usual “Blood elves have no males lul” gags.

Nah, considering the only elf NPC in this game sporting warpaint is and always has been Alleria, I think that is something we shpuldn´t get as Hordies. The runic tatoos are in the very first art depicted in the TBC gamebox, ergo something much more Belfy.

Nah, still not my taste. I rather like the long anime hair of the Belves, your curly / Bald states are too boring for me.

I´m more afraid of the "perfect storm"one might get with naked male Belf + Body jewerly + pink eyes + tmog / dance studio events or + devs jokes.

I´m rather tired of the terasing of the rest of the Hordies AND the devs, tyvm.

Lovely post asking people if they are going to change to a normal High Elf ICLY on the MG forums for RP reasons