High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

I agree. The customization option and looks and aesthetic was never the point. It was the lore and story.

The only thing to do is to keep asking and keep being very specific about what we want.

Playable Alliance Silver Covenant High Elves (not Void Elves, not former Blood Elves).
Preferred classes: Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Hunter, Priest, Paladin.
Preferred Aesthetic: Silver Covenant, WC 2 High Elf Rangers, WC 3 Sorceresses and Priests (and their Swordsmen and Archers).

But still not what was being asked for.

Please no.

Itā€™s unacceptable.

3 Likes

I do hope for more hair colors, but entropic embrace feels nitpicky IMO. Itā€™s a once in a while combat proc, doesnā€™t feel much different than trinket procs, and compared to corruption as a permanent effect. eh.

2 Likes

I hate it, it looks awful and makes it hard to level. If I could replace it or turn it off Iā€™d be a lot happier.

Stop wasting time on a discussion regarding lore with a person that doesnĀ“t differentiate it from gameplay.

Honestly I do hope this also means we will be seeing a Thalassian reunification on the alliance that moves them forward as a whole as a more void-oriented people.

Uniting VEā€™s and HEā€™s is what makes most sense for them to endure; merging them creates a far more complex cultural identity than either of them on their own.

I really think on the customization screen for void elves we should have the option to call ourselves High Elves. Just like I think the the dwarves should be able to have the Wildhammer title next to their nameā€¦ and so on.

10 Likes

They should just murge Allied/Core Rances and just add a ā€œHeritageā€ to the character options.

Ugh I wish you were around in the HE discord there was an origins video from some YouTuber that was basically that being able to pick where you come from on creation. They used humans as the example iirc.

Anyways side note you look like a totally new person Izzabelle with your goggles!!! New Izz who dis!!

1 Like

They are 2 groups lead by 2 sisters, it just makes infinitely more sense they form one political and ideological entity. Iā€™m talking about SC and Void Elves with this, not necessarily the Highvale, for example.

But I have always said that the idea that High Elves should be opposed to the void as a whole is more fanon than canon.

Now what if Highvale become the Allied Race?

I never thought Iā€™d be this happy for an allied race I donā€™t play and have no urge to play. Congrats High Elf fans

3 Likes

If they became a seperate Allied Race for the Alliance, then they should be the one to have Paladins.

1 Like

If we get in depth lore with HEs joining VEs I think they should then get Paladins too.

3 Likes

I disagree entirely. They should remain separate and it makes far more sense for that to be the case from a lore perspective.

While I tend to specifically state ā€˜Silver Covenant Alliance High Elfā€™ or some variation of that, I tend to kinda lump in the various lodges into that group (as well as groups like the Stormwind Mage district elves, etc.). But thatā€™s me. I do recognize they are in separate groups.

Agreed.

Disagree.

Void Elf Paladins donā€™t make a lot of sense knowing what we know about the Void and Light. Xalā€™atath hints that if they combine thereā€™s insane destruction.

We donā€™t know what makes a VE imo rn. If itā€™s just HEs who are open to following Alleria and using it as a tool but maybe not infused with it themselves. Theyā€™d basically just be agreeing to a name change from Quelā€™dorei to Rendorei and their racials make sense based off their limited exposure / studying of it.

And if they are basically HEs, HE classes should be open to them. Is my thinking anyways.

But itā€™s contingent on needing more lore to establish the VE customizations come with HE lore behind it.

Mmm, no? You canā€™t say ā€œit makes far more sense for that to be the case from a lore perspectiveā€ and not point actually to any reasons.

As I said, Vereesa and Alleria are sisters, leaders of the two largest and more prominent Thalassian Exiles groupings in the alliance; Itā€™s evidently the better choice to unite their forces and act as one political entity.

Thatā€™s fair. It might just have to be one of those things where gameplay>lore, lorewise there are no Void Elf Paladins but in-game there are so players can be High Elf Paladins.

2 Likes

For further explanation the insane destruction is basically the creation of Fel magic. The literal embodiment of chaos.

Iā€™m a bit excited what it could mean for BEs getting undead customization and goblins with gilgoblin. We knew about trolls and dwarves already.

Itā€™s not what everyone wanted I know some would have preferred actual Wildhammer AR etc but I do think these are all cool things worth being excited over!

1 Like