High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

The horde is ahead by one druid. the horde has 9 shaman, counting pandas, and the alliance has 5 counting pandas. Alliance has 5 paladins and horde has 3. So they are only 2 behind the alliance on the class that started out as alliance, compared to the alliance being behind 4 shaman.

So nelf and helf could get pally, and helf could possibly get shaman as well. I wouldn’t push for helf druids if they give druids to dwarves with the wildhammer customization, but I would love to play a helf druid.

5 Likes

I for one don’t think classes need to be extended to races to balance them between factions. Like, I’d rather Orcs not be given paladins to get us closer to an equilibrium.

I thought Tuaren paladins were a mistake, still do.

1 Like

Well the horde has 4 extra shaman compared to the 2 extra pallies alliance have. They also have an extra druid.

1 Like

Which I don’t mind adding more to Alliance. Like Wildhammer Druids you brought up or what have you. I guess my issue is just all being added to one race, one that in theory will be popular anyways.

1 Like

My own preference would be helf shaman and druids and for nelves to get pallies. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

I would be fine with that, I do want NE Paladins myself.

Though I know a lot of HE fans banking on Thalassian Paladins on Alliance.

Thing is with what you just said, it keeps that class for the BEs who are of Quel’thalas and if HEs on Alliance need to break away from the narrative that is Quel’thalas and the Sunwell, perhaps Paladin is the class that gets cut here between these 3.

1 Like

I would very much like this as well. Alliance are short a druid race anyways at the moment.

I would also like to see Night Elves have access to the Paladin class. Moreover, if Blizzard ever adds racial customization to classes, that could make such a Paladin truly unique if it uses the soft blue light of Elune rather than the standard yellow light that Paladins currently have. I’d love for Night Elven priests to have the same soft blue light for their holy spells as well.

Taken a step further, I’d be ecstatic if Void Elves got void themed Paladins too!

3 Likes

Yeah them going more nature based is a dream of mine. I won’t be upset if they get pallies instead of druids, it would make plenty of people happy, I just personally would prefer a helf druid over a paladin and also really love the idea of helf shaman.

I’m just in favor of adding these kinds of options when they make sense. Nelf paladins have been shown to make sense, we so we be able to play them. Blood Elf shaman/druids? Hard no from me

1 Like

Not blood elf shaman and druids, high elf shaman and druids. High elves could possibly turn more towards nature and element based magics to distance themselves from blood elves more, and the sunwell.

3 Likes

It would play into the narrative of High Elves and Night Elves complimenting each other in both theme, and personality too along the lines of Nightborne and Blood Elf. That for me I’d like to see.

Think Xiabala but instead of DI Dwarves it could have been NEs and HEs against the arcane themed Horde Elves. Just small Easter egg things for flavor I guess is what I see in that regard.

Though iirc the Alliance side Shandris didn’t care for the Void Elves or didn’t seem to. I’m okay with that remaining skeptical, but I’d like to see HEs set up as VE friends too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the void elves just slipping back into the void.

1 Like

Good riddance.

1 Like

I think druid gets the cut.

It makes too much sense for High Elf paladins. Further, there are already Silver Covenant High Elf NPC’s who are Paladins.

Frankly, I would love for them to add this as soon as possible, predominantly for possible Night Elf pallies but primarily for Tauren Sun Druids and Zandalari Prelates.
Not a lot of people realize that the above 2 are technically paladin equivalents and are not actual Paladins. Their powers mechanically are so similar that for in-game purposes, they are represented as Paladins when in fact they are not.

High Elves getting along with Night Elves would be a possibility, but I see the stronger connection being with the Wildhammers at Aerie Peak.
Hence why I am more in support of Shamans (Wildhammers have them) and less so for druids (which are a night elf thing).

2 Likes

The concept i hate thinking about the most is how they wasted what could of been a cool niche in playing up the “Void” aspect and decided to combine that unique niche with their absurd hesitance in giving us High Elves.

Like imagine if instead of Void Elves with 0 history in lore, Locus Walker introduced us to a group of Void Ethereals and convinced them to join the Alliance with Alleria’s help.

We could of gotten to explore an unexplored concept like the Void being used for good, AND gotten to explore the criminally unexplored Alliance High Elves.

They wasted 2 story avenues for 1 lackluster “compromise”.

5 Likes

I seem to recall people claiming there are Zandalari warlocks too in threads asking for them but they couldn’t give them every class.

I do kind of like the idea suggested above of them having Druids, and Shaman but not paladins, it would reinforce their departure from story that belongs to the Blood Elves, most obvious thing that comes to mind being a less of an emphasis on Sunwell related stories.

I still don’t see it as such. But rather their own thing they they wanted to push out because they themselves liked their own idea of them. And they do fit a niche for people, I like them for one. But I don’t think they close the door on High Elves, in fact Blizzard very specifically uses former BE’s to make the VE population so thats telling imo.

Also you changed transmogs! Looks very nice on a Worgen, especially well suited.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve always thought too, it’s so easy to get rid of High elves or not use them anymore and they refuse to do so.

One of the few rare things that do lol. Ty!

1 Like

Bit off topic but how do you feel about the Worgen heritage armor out of curiosity?

I’m not a huge fan, it looks pretty ordinarily-gilnean but that obviously makes sense.

Just not a huge fan of the way it looks, I think something more akin to what Greymane’s guards have would of been cooler.

Maybe a mix of what it is now but with some more fur or savage aspects to it, it’s kind of what I’ve always hated about Worgen, they play up the human side so much more than the Worgen side.

2 Likes